Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

Filtered by age: 18 & Under
Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

4.2

CALCIUM BENTONITE (green clay)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This product has done wonders for my skin! I use it once a week and it shrinks any existing pimples, prevents breakouts, and cleans out my pores. It leaves my skin feeling clean, which I love in a mask. It also fades my dark acne marks. It won't make them go away after one use, of course but it will help them heal faster. The only problem I have with this mask is that it can be a little painful when it dries. It feels as if it is pulling and tightening my skin. I can stand the feeling but towards the 10 minute mark it can get intense. But, for what it does to my skin I can endure the uncomfortable feeling for 20 minutes. I would recommend this product for people with acne and occasional breakouts, you will see amazing results.

on 6/8/2017 2:04:00 PM

Everyone raves about this product but I don't see the reason to by this somewhat expensive clay. I made the mask but afterward, my face felt splotchy and red and stiff. A few days later my face felt fine and my acne substained, I just could not give any more stars than what I have given just because of what happened afterward.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I used this product because it was recommended to me by a friend. When I have a breakout, I use this and my pimple eventually dries. This product can dry your face so much so use it with caution. 3/5

lets go back to a year ago. i was breaking out (like crazzy) and nothing helped. my father bought this for me on amazon. first off, its not the most nice thing to put on your face. the consisticy was lumpy and slimy. i put it on my face. left it on for 20 minites. washed it off. the pimple on my forhead (that was super ugly and made me look like a ghouel) was not so red anymore and less puffy. you wanna know something? i was with my bestie when i put this on and we laughed and joked about us being wicked witches of the west. 4 stars for the consisisy. oh, and it got mixed with water.

on 12/15/2016 8:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This helps my skin clear up!

I mix one spoon of this and 3-5 drops of tea tree oil and it just does wonders.

Your face would literally pulsate if you leave it long but I've read that that does more harm than good so I don't leave it that long.

on 9/3/2016 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

oh my god. This face mask is hands down THE best. It literally feels like actual drugs. This intense pulsating feeling. Does not dry my face out or give me that tight feeling afterwards either. My face is so smooth, discoloration and redness faded. This mask is near and dear to my heart

on 8/19/2016 6:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hm... I'm torn about this product, as I am very often. But I will try do review this.

+ Does really cleanse my skin out
+ Lasts for a very, very long time
- Kind of annoying to blend it together, I always make too much = wastes product
- Leaves my skin really, really red after using it. I mean; you can see the exact line from where I've put it on my face. It says on the backside that that's normal, but i don't appreciate it.

I don't think I'll buy this again, I like Lush masks and other more gentle masks more.

on 8/18/2016 8:00:00 PM

This product is way too over hyped. I just can't seem to get why are people so in love with it. Did nothing to my acne except made it worse. Seriously, it made my already existing zits and pimples irritated and much bigger the next day after its use. It did not do anything to my blackheads either. Way too drying and harsh.My skin became so flaky after i used it, literally i had dry patches everywhere on my cheeks. It's so hard to get off, and very messy to prepare too. Won't recommend it to anyone, especially people with acne prone skin.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

Great product and makes loads of face masks for the fraction of the price of a store bought mask. The small tub lasts me about a year and I make face masks about twice a week (max.)

This mask helps to detoxify and clear my skin although I wish it could peel off but can't change what nature made lol

My recipe for a facial mask is
1 tsp clay (draws out toxins and increases blood circulation which helps bring nutrients to the skin)

1 tsp turmeric (to reduce inflammation and redness, too much can leave yellow tinge on skin but will easily come off with a facial wash, best done at night just in case)

3 capsules of charcoal or 1 tsp of charcoal (draws out impurities)

1/4 tsp camu camu powder (highest source of vitamin c in the world) or pinch of vitamin c powder (this helps to remove dead skin cells, exfoliate skin and increase collagen production)

1 tsp apple cider vinegar (removes dead skin cells and counteracts the alkaline pH of the clay), I often leave this out as the camu camu or vitamin c are acidic and so also balance the alkaline pH of the clay

(1/4 tsp oil, I use coconut oil because this mask can dry your skin out, but any oil or moisturiser you skin likes will work)

1 - 2 tsp water, its better to have a liquid consistency than too thick because a thick mask wont spread over the skin as well and a liquid consistency can get into the pores better and consequently get more out of your pores. If you try a liquid consistency you can see after it has all dried completely there are tiny dark circles on the surface of the mask where your pores are (there are pictures of this on google images as I can't explain it well). Basically these circles are where the clay has absorbed the impurities and excess oil in your pores, and my point is when you use a thick mask you can't see these circles so you won't know if its done. It doesn't mean a thick mask won't draw out impurities but at least with a thin mask you can see when its done.

Make sure the tea spoons aren't heaped and don't use metal utensils (bowl, spoon etc) because the clay can interfere with the metal and reduce the effectiveness of the mask. Your face make look red after using this because the clay increases blood circulation in the face, it will return to normal in about 20 minutes, its better to do this at night rather than wasting time by waiting for your face to return to normal in the morning. This mask is best followed up with a nourishing serum, oil or moisturiser as the clay can dry out skin temporarily.

This mask helps to clear my skin, exfoliate and make my skin look glowy, absolutely love it , you can also use the clay on your hair and there are many recipes out there.

on 7/12/2016 8:11:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Bought into the hype and got this. I was excited for it because people were saying it gets rid of black heads. This mask did nothing for me. I've tried it with water and ACV and I still don't get the results I want. Plus it's such a pain to get off. If it actually worked for me I'd look past that, but it doesn't.