Lancome Progres Contour Des Yeux Eye Cream

Lancome Progres Contour Des Yeux Eye Cream
Progres Contour Des Yeux Eye Cream

4.1

INGREDIENTS: water,glyceryl oleate, hydrogenated castor oil, ozokerite, petrolatum, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, glycerin, shea butter, sodium chloride, magnesium sulfate, fragrance, imidazolindyl urea, propylene glycol, methylparaben, hydrolyzed soy protein, potassium chloride, yeast extract, methylchlorosothiazolinone, methylsthiazolinone, 586077 A

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

The Progres eye cream is so very rich so that I had to learn how much to apply, and with the jar packaging it is easy to over do. It did help with my fine lines and plumped my eye area BUT there is slight fragrance and it is so occlusive. It did nothing for my eye bags or for my dark circles but it's a dream to find a product that will address all of my issues. My big problem with this eye cream is that it causes milia for me and I just cannot put up with an eye cream that causes milia.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

This is an HG product for me, folks! Love it to death. Been using it for around 15 years.

I initially started using this because my eye areas were feeling dry after I removed my eye makeup each night. With age, my eyelids were getting naturally drier. I felt the intense hydration the first time that I used the product. Still, my eyelids feel like velvet in the mornings.

The product costs me around $70. But it lasts 1.5 years for me. So overall, it's economical at around 13 cents per day. Each night, I use an amount that is the size of half of a pumpkin seed. I dot it on top of each eyelid and under each eye. Then I pat it around each area. I immediately feel the richness.

Over the years, I've tried other eye creams. Either I've been given a free product or I believe the hype when I see assertions about supposedly newer technology. Inevitably, I become annoyed while using the newer product. My eyes simply don't feel like deeply hydrated velvet. The newer stuff is always thinner than Progres. Often, I force myself to be frugal and finish the jar of newer stuff. But sometimes, I realize that I'm getting too old to use lesser products and I go back to the Progres before finishing the newer cream. Right now, I have abandoned eye cream on the back of my vanity given the drying winter season. The Progres is center stage and keeping my eyes hydrated.

I understand that Lancôme has tried in the past to phase this product out. It's their prerogative to issue new products. However as I've said before, I've tried the new fangled eye stuff. Progres is the real deal! So stay the course, my fellow sisters, and keep buying this luscious product!

BONUS TIP: I typically buy new jars of this product when Macy's or Dillard's is having a Lancôme gift-with-purchase event. Each store has these events twice each year. The Progres price makes you eligible for the highest gift levels. And the Lancôme gift sets feature several nice sizes of other great products. So when you add together everything you get for the $70, you're making out like a beauty bandit!

on 11/17/2016 4:43:00 PM

I decided to try Progrés because of fine lines aging and wanted to pamper myself a bit. I understand that many women swear by this cream. I have been very pleased, it is just a.pleasure to use. I feel like it provides a softening and lessening of lines. I like the texture and light clean scent. I am using a tiny amount and I'm pretty sure this will last for a year. I like to get a good value so I purchaed it at a time when I could be sure to get a GWP and a PWP. I almost never think of Lancome and I am enjoying some of their other products. I hope this helps someone else. It wasn't hugely drastic in terms of results but I definitely look and feel better.I would say it's worth a try.

on 11/27/2013 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

This is my night eye cream and I have found it very effective at staving off lines. It has a dense, greasy texture, so it's a cream that you might prefer to use at night. It has been around for a very long time, and I guess that must be because it is so effective. It is a little pricey, but it lasts a long time because you do not need very much.

on 8/20/2013 2:54:00 PM

I have yet to find a more moisturizing eye cream! It doesn't have any anti-aging ingredients, except for the fact it's adding in all that moisture. I use a very heavy concelour and it tends to get cakey. This is literally the only thing that works to keep it smooth. The only downfall is that it's not a popular product so it is not always in stock at my local store. But I haven't found anything else that beats it!

on 1/19/2013 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I purchased this a bit over a year ago. I was 22 at the time, and noticed my under eye area began looking crepey and dry, particularly under makeup. I have dry skin, so I decided to go with Progres due to its cult following and raving reviews found here on the internet.

This product does not claim to have any anti-aging properties or preventive benefits. It simply claims to hydrate the undereye area. Progres does this fantastically. It is quite a bit thicker than other eye creams I've tried, and as a result hydrates much more effectively.

I apply this almost daily under my makeup. I use a small spatula (came with Benefit Erase Paste) to remove the product. I only need 1/4 pea size amount for both eyes. I then gently tap the cream under my eyes and around the outer corner up to my eyelid. The thickness of the product requires that you tap it in as opposed to rubbing it in. I also use Benefit's Erase Paste over it, which is a creamy corrector. I only ever notice minimal smudging of makeup if I forget to set my concealer.

Progres has kept my undereyes looking baby soft and supple throughout the year. Many women who are long time users (15+ years) claim that it has prevented the development of fine lines and wrinkles around their eyes, and I will continue using it for that reason.

If you are worried about the price, consider this: If used sparingly, Progres will last you for over a year. I have owned mine for 13 months, and still have 1/6th-1/8th of the jar left. Even if it only lasts you a year, the $60 price tag will ultimately be an investment of $5/month to hydrate and prevent under eye wrinkles. Completely worth it to me. I am going to buy another soon so that I have one on hand when my current jar runs out!

on 2/19/2012 4:05:00 PM

This is my HG eye cream for winter. Nothing ever feels like it keeps my eye area hydrated quite like this. I'd prefer it be in a tube over the glass jar but as long as it works, I'll keep buying it. It's a little expensive but worth every penny if you want to prevent wrinkles from parched skin.

on 4/2/2011 8:13:00 PM

After reading the good reviews, I got this eyecream when Lancome had their 20% off friends and family sale and I'm so glad i did. it's very creamy but still absorbs fast and good for wearing under makeup. i've tried so many eyecreams before, clinique all about eye, all about eye rich, Shiseido benefiance, bioformance, the skincare, Kiehl's avocado, The body shop wise women, la prairie cavair eye gel, etc,etc. I think this is my favorite daytime eyecream right now. I started wearing eyecream since I was 20. Clinique all about eye was very good as preventing fine lines during my 20's. Now i like this one better since it's more moisturizing and since I'm older, I need something that moisturizes throughout the day which it does. I use this during the day and Shiseido benefiance at night coz it's heavier.

on 5/21/2010 9:20:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

I absolutely LOVE this eye cream. It is definitely a HG item! I'm 22, and don't have many fine lines yet (though I am somewhat dry around my eye area)... So I'm not trying to go for the expensive "anti-aging" products. This is more of a preventative moisture treatment. It's very heavy - just what I need in an eye cream. Most eye creams I've tried just don't provide that heavy level of moisture I'm looking for. This one does! At night I apply a good greasy layer around my eyes and my skin just soaks it up. I don't recommend using it during the day because it makes for a really shiny face. It is a tad pricey for such a small container ($55 for 0.5 fl. oz), but it actually lasts quite a long time. I purchased a new container late last May and after nearly a year... I've still got at least half left. I use this pretty much every night. A little really does go a long way. I will be repurchasing - no doubt about it!

on 5/3/2010 4:23:00 AM