Stila Moonlight Eyeshadow

Stila Moonlight Eyeshadow
Stila Moonlight eyeshadowMy Stila palette

3.8

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Stila is fast becoming one of my absolute fav brands and this right here is one of the reasons why. I'm a collector of white/off-white highlighters for the eyes. Forever I had been searching for the perfect one, only to have them fall short in one way or the other. Then I was in Sephora not too long ago and tried this. It was like ka-pow right in your face - one little swipe was all it took. It was then that I came to the conclusion that I may have found my HG in eyeshadow highlighters. So if you're looking for something dramatic with a whole lot of pigment - you know, something that really shows up without having to keep layering and working at it - well here you go, this is definitely it!

on 10/24/2007 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Normally I'm not one to complain if an eyeshadow is really pigmented, but because Moonlight is a very shimmery white it does make it alot less versatile. It's far too pigmented to wear as a base colour - it still shows through strongly regardless of which colour I layer on top. Despite this, it's a great highlighter shade for a more dramatic eye, particularly good for highlighting the inner corners of my eyes.

These are my HG eyeshadows. Stila shadows are so wonderfully soft, pigmented, and blendable. Will repurchase again and again.Moonlight is the perfect shimmery white for highlighting the browbone or inner corners. continued >>

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is one of my staple Stila eyeshadows. I mainly use it in the inner corner and as a highlighter, but it can also be used as a wash beneath darker colors to add a little shimmer. This shade may be a little too cool and frosty for some complexions but I think it would work on most.

on 5/19/2003 3:15:00 PM

I used to like this color a few years ago when it wasn't so generic, but could only wear it in small doses (inner corners of eyes) for a little glitz. It's way too overpowering (almost frosty white) to be worn as a brow highlight without looking like a sad Christina Aguilera wannabe reject. I think now there's a lot of cheaper and better looking alternatives to this kind of color.