Stila Moonlight Eyeshadow

Stila Moonlight Eyeshadow
Stila Moonlight eyeshadowMy Stila palette

4.2

on 7/3/2003 3:56:00 PM

This is a pearl shimmer. Unlike those other cautious ladies, I wear it as a all over wash. There are prerequisites to this looking good on you, one you should be of medium skin tone, two you should be very happy with cool tones around you eyes. If neither of these are true, this can be difficult to work with and will just look weird on you as anything but a highlighter for dramatic looks.

As to those who say there are cheaper drugstore lookalikes, yes, if you only plan to use it as a highlighter. As an all over wash, I find most lookalikes have more white pigment than pearl shimmer, which looks quite awful when this is the only color on your lid.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Stila is fast becoming one of my absolute fav brands and this right here is one of the reasons why. I'm a collector of white/off-white highlighters for the eyes. Forever I had been searching for the perfect one, only to have them fall short in one way or the other. Then I was in Sephora not too long ago and tried this. It was like ka-pow right in your face - one little swipe was all it took. It was then that I came to the conclusion that I may have found my HG in eyeshadow highlighters. So if you're looking for something dramatic with a whole lot of pigment - you know, something that really shows up without having to keep layering and working at it - well here you go, this is definitely it!

on 2/17/2009 4:28:00 AM

Gorgeous! This is in my opinion thee must have pearl white to own

When used the right way it makes your eyes pop! Lovely vivid icey colour, not at all yellow like in the photo

Just letting you know though you'll need a good eyeshadow brush and a bit of practise and once you've mastered it nothing else will compare to this product!

on 12/21/2008 1:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've had Moonlight for a few months in a pallette with Kitten and Barefoot Contessa, and although I've been using the other two, I just got around to using Moonlight now. I just wasn't sure what to do with it. I ended up doing a simple ice princess look with Moonlight all over my lids, black eyeliner and black mascara. The colour is a pure silvery white, it doesn't have a yellow tinge like the pictures suggest. The texture of the shadow is really nice, and it lasted through the day (granted, that was with Lumene's primer underneath). I wish Stila had more colours I like because they're so soft and buttery. I can pick up tons with a soft shadow brush, whereas I need a sponge applicator for a lot of other shadows (I like my shadows rich and thick and colourful!). I'm not sure how I often I will use this colour, but it's a great shadow.

on 10/24/2007 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Normally I'm not one to complain if an eyeshadow is really pigmented, but because Moonlight is a very shimmery white it does make it alot less versatile. It's far too pigmented to wear as a base colour - it still shows through strongly regardless of which colour I layer on top. Despite this, it's a great highlighter shade for a more dramatic eye, particularly good for highlighting the inner corners of my eyes.

on 5/30/2006 2:22:00 PM

Great shadow for a highlight (I even do the cheekbones) and ideal for the inner corners of the eye really opens up the eye and makes it glow. However CAUTION! Use with a light hand because it can be UBER frosty! However don't let that intimidate you it is very pretty! I have been using it for years! I find when I need to look glam for a special occasion I always reach for this!

Whooooo... baby. This eyeshadow has alot of pigment! I apply to my eyes in various ways but use my fingers to blend due to the extreme pigmentation of this gorgeous shade: (1) inner corner of eyes, (2) wash over another shawdow, (3) by itself as a light lid base.

on 11/20/2005 1:29:00 PM

I didn't want to purchase this initially. I wanted to get Oasis instead, but the MA tried it on me and insisted I must get this. I ended up buying it because the MA was sweet. Oh well...

Anyway, this is just like most of Stila's shadows, very easy to blend and pigmented. It is good as a highlighter for almost all the shades I own, from browns to purples to green etc.

Even though the colour doesn't look very special from the pan (frosted shimmery white- which probably explained why I didn't want to buy it at first), this has become one of my staples!

(I'm an Asian, MAC NW20 / Chanel 20 Clair / Shu 575, dark brown hair and eyes) continued >>

on 4/29/2005 12:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have wanted this shadow for a LONG time (before I had any MAC or Stila in my collection!) and have always put it off because it's a "boring" shade. Also, all the reviews turned me off claiming I could find one just like it at the drugstore. Well, I have tried, and they're all too chalky and the shimmer isn't as intense. I also love how high-end shadows are so finely milled. I finally got this in a swap, and I love it! My favorite base/highlighters are MAC Nylon, Phloof, and Goldbit, and this one is basically the same without any other tint. I like the pure frosted white because it's so sheer, it looks like moonlight, its namesake. I think this is beautiful, and it's well worth the extra money for quality.

on 4/23/2004 3:34:00 PM

I use this just above my lashline and as highlighter on the inner corners of my eyes, rather than on the browbone. The wet-shimmer and the white, white color really opens up my narrow asian eyes!