Stila Moonlight Eyeshadow

Stila Moonlight eyeshadowMy Stila palette

4.1

on 12/21/2008 1:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I've had Moonlight for a few months in a pallette with Kitten and Barefoot Contessa, and although I've been using the other two, I just got around to using Moonlight now. I just wasn't sure what to do with it. I ended up doing a simple ice princess look with Moonlight all over my lids, black eyeliner and black mascara. The colour is a pure silvery white, it doesn't have a yellow tinge like the pictures suggest. The texture of the shadow is really nice, and it lasted through the day (granted, that was with Lumene's primer underneath). I wish Stila had more colours I like because they're so soft and buttery. I can pick up tons with a soft shadow brush, whereas I need a sponge applicator for a lot of other shadows (I like my shadows rich and thick and colourful!). I'm not sure how I often I will use this colour, but it's a great shadow.

on 1/21/2008 11:27:00 PM

best shimmery/frosty white eyeshadow

on 2/7/2006 9:58:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This shadow is amazingly versatile and works with anything else I combine it with.
But I would never have bought it without coaxing from a great makeup artist.

Yes, you can use it to highlight, but I prefer Chinois for that. Instead, I love to use it wet all over my lids (which are a little heavy) or inside my lower lash line to brighten up my eyes. It's sweet blended with Kitten and La Douce, and mod paired with Azur. And it looks especially glam with Fog smudged in the crease and black liquid liner over Ebony. Just don't forget the dead-red lipstick! continued >>

Whooooo... baby. This eyeshadow has alot of pigment! I apply to my eyes in various ways but use my fingers to blend due to the extreme pigmentation of this gorgeous shade: (1) inner corner of eyes, (2) wash over another shawdow, (3) by itself as a light lid base.

on 5/17/2005 4:42:00 PM

This is nice for highlighting the browbone--just be sure to use a very light hand or a fluffy brush that will diffuse the color, otherwise it looks too whitish. But brushed on softly it leaves a nice pearly glow. For reference, I'm NC20-30 depending on tan, brown eyes, brown hair.

These are my HG eyeshadows. Stila shadows are so wonderfully soft, pigmented, and blendable. Will repurchase again and again.Moonlight is the perfect shimmery white for highlighting the browbone or inner corners. continued >>

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is one of my staple Stila eyeshadows. I mainly use it in the inner corner and as a highlighter, but it can also be used as a wash beneath darker colors to add a little shimmer. This shade may be a little too cool and frosty for some complexions but I think it would work on most.

I don't usually go for shimmery white e/s but this one has the best texture and can use it wet as a wash so it's not too garish. I also have a Stila Shadow Pot in Moon and they are practically the same color. The SP has more shimmer.

on 11/4/2004 5:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I like to use this to brighten up my eyes (inner corner and sometimes around lining) It also works well on me along the brow bone.

on 4/23/2004 3:34:00 PM

I use this just above my lashline and as highlighter on the inner corners of my eyes, rather than on the browbone. The wet-shimmer and the white, white color really opens up my narrow asian eyes!