Stila Moonlight Eyeshadow

Stila Moonlight Eyeshadow
Stila Moonlight eyeshadowMy Stila palette

4.2

on 2/17/2009 4:28:00 AM

Gorgeous! This is in my opinion thee must have pearl white to own

When used the right way it makes your eyes pop! Lovely vivid icey colour, not at all yellow like in the photo

Just letting you know though you'll need a good eyeshadow brush and a bit of practise and once you've mastered it nothing else will compare to this product!

This is slightly too frosty to be used as a highlighter (NARS Albatross is far superior), but as an eyeshadow, it does a decent job. I like pairing it with matte shadows for a bit of sparkle.

on 6/29/2008 11:21:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

I love Stila's eyeshadows! They are amazing. This is a beautiful shimmery white color. Great pigment and never chalky.

This is such a beautiful color. It's gorgeous on its own, but it's also a great base for other shadows. I looked for a long time for a champagne colored shadow like this, and when I found this one the search stopped! It's perfect.

on 6/24/2007 1:02:00 AM

So many things to complain about, so little time! I was looking for a frosty shadow to use as not only a highlighter, but also as a full on shadow to brighten up my face. This neon white shadow failed at both. It crumbles when you put your brush in it, it goes on thick, flakes everywhere, and to top it all off the package (which I had to pay extra for) is TERRIBLE...the lid just falls off. I spent $18.00 on this and tried to make it work every which way...I applied it with different tools, put it on lighter, tried it with UD primer, etc. I'm sour I wasted my money on this crap :(

on 8/20/2006 5:12:00 PM

Great shadow to use as a highlighter. I use it under my brows and the inner corners of the eye too. It opens up the eye and Moonlight is a glowy highlighter. I use another highlighter (FACE Stockholm pearl e/s number 4) when I want a "less obvious" highlighter for a more natural look though. However, Moonlight looks awesome with greens, purples, pinks, taupes etc.

on 5/30/2006 2:22:00 PM

Great shadow for a highlight (I even do the cheekbones) and ideal for the inner corners of the eye really opens up the eye and makes it glow. However CAUTION! Use with a light hand because it can be UBER frosty! However don't let that intimidate you it is very pretty! I have been using it for years! I find when I need to look glam for a special occasion I always reach for this!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

this is a great highlighter for my blue-green eyes, it looks best with cool toned eye shadows in my opinion. It is very soft and powdery, more so than the other Stila eyeshadows, which makes it blend easily, almost like a cream even though it is a powder. It looks like a really scary white in the pan, but is very sheer and glowy on. I fist used this when it came in the Media Shy palette from the Christmas 2004 collection, and included in the palette were Grace, Slate and Expresso eyeshadows which all look awesome with it. (NW20/20 Watts, cool toned)

on 1/25/2006 9:35:00 PM

You can really wear it with anything. It is a great highlighter and is also great on the lid but I would use a primer under it so that it is most effective and stands out. It blends easily and is subtle. Its highly pigmented but is easy to work with. I use it for all kinds of looks and it is the one color that everyone should own and works on everyone. It is the best.

on 11/20/2005 1:29:00 PM

I didn't want to purchase this initially. I wanted to get Oasis instead, but the MA tried it on me and insisted I must get this. I ended up buying it because the MA was sweet. Oh well...

Anyway, this is just like most of Stila's shadows, very easy to blend and pigmented. It is good as a highlighter for almost all the shades I own, from browns to purples to green etc.

Even though the colour doesn't look very special from the pan (frosted shimmery white- which probably explained why I didn't want to buy it at first), this has become one of my staples!

(I'm an Asian, MAC NW20 / Chanel 20 Clair / Shu 575, dark brown hair and eyes) continued >>