Ulta Organza

Filtered by hair type : Curly
Ulta Organza

on 12/9/2010 3:52:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I bought every Ulta eye shadow that looked even vaguely taupe on their website during a bogo sale. The way the colors show up on the website is very misleading! I ended up with some colors I really love and some that I really don't think will work on me. In hopes of helping others avoid purchasing shades they can't use, I'm summarizing them here. I also have a picture in my profile.

Organza - light shimmery shade with hints of lavender
Sandstone - light shimmery pinkish brown - identical to Revlonís Nude Slip - a good base color.
Mystique - My favorite out of all of these! A true medium taupe, great for the crease. It is also shimmery.
Plum Smoke - My second favorite. This is another shimmery medium taupe, but with plummy undertones. Another good crease color. A perfect dupe for Elizabeth Arden's buff which I loved and is now discontinued.
Gold Dust - Quite dark, given the name! There is nothing gold about it -- one of the least shimmery out of the bunch. However, it is a great neutral taupe color, excellent for lining. I am quite fond of this one!
Chestnut - This has the least shimmer of them all. It is also one of my least favorite. It is a reddish brown color and just doesn't look good on me.
Mesmerize - This color looks nothing like it looks in the pan! It is quite shimmery and quite red! Many reviewers mention this, but I didn't believe them -- well, believe it! This is my absolute least favorite.

The quality of these shadows is excellent! They are very smooth with little fallout. The color payoff is very good and they are long lasting. I do not have a problem with the hard coating on top that some reviewers mention, even though these are the new shadows with the word Ulta imprinted on the shadow. The price ($7.00) is cheap, especially with the bogo deal ($3.50). Overall, I highly recommend these shadows and the colors are dependent on your personal preference.

on 9/3/2009 1:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

What a great color for brown eyes! I got this on the suggestion that it would be a great dupe for MAC Style Snob. I love it and am wearing it every day right now with Iceland for highlight.

on 8/15/2009 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is a lovely lilac/mauve/pinkish color with a light shimmer. I used it as my base color all over the lid, then applied a deeper mauve on the lid and twilight in the V, and it turned out very nice. It is not an overly obnoxious color and doesn't look cheap or too flashy, which is something I prefer, as I like conservative makeup. I have been very pleased with the Ulta brand es and this did not disappoint. Will definitely repurchase.

Top Rated Eye Shadow