ULTA Organza

ULTA Organza

4.5

on 8/19/2013 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I just used Ulta's "Organza" eye shadow as a blusher and like it even better! It's subtle heather shimmer as an eye shadow, dusky mauve as a blusher.

on 12/9/2010 3:52:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I bought every Ulta eye shadow that looked even vaguely taupe on their website during a bogo sale. The way the colors show up on the website is very misleading! I ended up with some colors I really love and some that I really don't think will work on me. In hopes of helping others avoid purchasing shades they can't use, I'm summarizing them here. I also have a picture in my profile.

Organza - light shimmery shade with hints of lavender
Sandstone - light shimmery pinkish brown - identical to Revlonís Nude Slip - a good base color.
Mystique - My favorite out of all of these! A true medium taupe, great for the crease. It is also shimmery.
Plum Smoke - My second favorite. This is another shimmery medium taupe, but with plummy undertones. Another good crease color. A perfect dupe for Elizabeth Arden's buff which I loved and is now discontinued.
Gold Dust - Quite dark, given the name! There is nothing gold about it -- one of the least shimmery out of the bunch. However, it is a great neutral taupe color, excellent for lining. I am quite fond of this one!
Chestnut - This has the least shimmer of them all. It is also one of my least favorite. It is a reddish brown color and just doesn't look good on me.
Mesmerize - This color looks nothing like it looks in the pan! It is quite shimmery and quite red! Many reviewers mention this, but I didn't believe them -- well, believe it! This is my absolute least favorite.

The quality of these shadows is excellent! They are very smooth with little fallout. The color payoff is very good and they are long lasting. I do not have a problem with the hard coating on top that some reviewers mention, even though these are the new shadows with the word Ulta imprinted on the shadow. The price ($7.00) is cheap, especially with the bogo deal ($3.50). Overall, I highly recommend these shadows and the colors are dependent on your personal preference.

This is a BEAUTIFUL mauve/burgundy color with a slight sheen that makes brown eyes pop. I love the way this looks! I got it in a quad with silk, twilight, and gunmetal. I love all the colors in there, so I would def reccomend picking up this super smooth color!

I randomly picked this off a swap list, and man, am I glad I did. This color is amazing. I love wearing it all over my lid, especially over a brown base to make it really pop. It's shimmery without being too shimmery and just the right amount of purple shows up without it being too much.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Yes brights are cool, but you cannot wear them everywhere and they take longer to blend. If you have awhile to blend your eyeshadow then go for it. I like a simple and beautiful eye most of the time, where people can actually compliment your makeup and eye color at the same time. This shade really enhances all eye colors! I bought these for $3 each because they are on sale right now. I went there for Sandstone because I heard it was a dupe for V.S. Private Beach, but I think this is a better dupe for that shade. If you add some of the shade Tiara it's even closer.

Organza is a shimmery very light maurve/rosy purple-pink (accent on very light) it looks beautiful as a crease color with Mink as a liner. I find the consistancy a bit less powdery than the matte Ulta shadows, it's really easy to apply. I simply wouldnt repurchase because I like to try new eyeshadows ....but the color does look great with my hazel/green eyes