Ulta Organza

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

on 9/21/2013 3:03:00 PM

This product is just so-so. This is just another Ulta-brand product that is kind of helping me to form my overall opinion of the brand. The color looks great in the pan, very dusty-mauve with a shimmer, nothing too wild or extravagant. However the consistency of the product is awful, I practically have to dig at the eyeshadow with the brush just so some color will be imparted on the brush, and then of course I have to do this numerous times just to get the desired effect on my eyelids. It's a pain, and not really worth it. I wouldn't recommend this.

on 9/15/2012 12:30:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I am in love with this color! As previously stated, it is a light taupe-mauve. The amount of shimmer is just right, not too obnoxious. I would almost say that it is more metallic than shimmery. This color is kind of like a neutral with a bit of a twist. I think many different types of people could pull it off. It looks great with my blue eyes, and I'll bet it would be stunning on those with brown, hazel, or green eyes too! It is just so lovely. Paired with Ulta's Plum Smoke eyeshadow is my new favorite eye look.
As usual with Ulta's eyeshadows, I find that I get a lot more color to show when I apply it with a damp makeup brush and use either a primer or a base like the NYX Milk jumbo eye pencil blended across the lid. It lasts all day with no creasing.

on 3/30/2011 2:28:00 PM

I like this color a lot. Looks really good with a smokey eye or a cat eye (like pin up makeup) for the crease area. Super shimmery but I like it. It doesn't blend super well for me.. but that could just be me. I'm still learning and most things don't blend nicely for me.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Organza is a soft lilac-looking color. It's extremely light and very neutral. It barely shows up on me and I'm very fair-complected. It's very easy to blend and wears well. IMO, this is more of a church/job interview/conservative/subdued/day-of-running-errands kind of color. I will wear it as a compliment to other Ulta shades and use it up, but at this point in time, I don't think I'll be repurchasing. Too plain for me.

on 1/30/2010 3:51:00 PM

This is a gorgeous mauve shade that is the perfect neutral for any look. It has just the tiniest hint of shimmer and blends easily with other shadows. I will defineitly repurchase when this is used up. As with their other eyeshadows, Ulta shadows last all day with no creasing, which I have yet to find with other brands, except for Smashbox.

on 10/28/2009 10:39:00 AM

Overall an excellent basic color. It is VERY similar to Truffle, but with a bit more mauve. It is a soft but smokey mauvy-taupe. I like that is has a sheen as opposed ot outright frost. This color is lovely with any color eyeliner and like all Ulta shadows wears very well.

on 9/3/2009 1:02:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

What a great color for brown eyes! I got this on the suggestion that it would be a great dupe for MAC Style Snob. I love it and am wearing it every day right now with Iceland for highlight.

on 8/15/2009 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This is a lovely lilac/mauve/pinkish color with a light shimmer. I used it as my base color all over the lid, then applied a deeper mauve on the lid and twilight in the V, and it turned out very nice. It is not an overly obnoxious color and doesn't look cheap or too flashy, which is something I prefer, as I like conservative makeup. I have been very pleased with the Ulta brand es and this did not disappoint. Will definitely repurchase.

on 8/9/2009 11:06:00 AM

Organza is a beautiful, taupey-mauve shade with pearlized shimmer. I purchased this about a month ago at Ulta during their BOGO sale and immediately went back for a back-up after trying it. This brings out the green in my eyes and is perfect for a neutral day look. I love Ulta e/s for their staying power and budget-friendly price. You get quite a bit for around $7. I feel compelled to write this review after also recently purchasing MAC's much sought-after and popularly reviewed Style Snob. Yes, it's a wonderful color that I thought I had to have, but quickly realized Organza is a wallet-friendly dupe.

on 3/20/2008 9:56:00 AM

Most pink mauve eye shadows look terrible on me - people ask me what's wrong and do I feel ok? This one is dynamite, it is the most beautiful lilac mauve pink and makes my whole face glow. And I usually wear peaches! This eye shadow is great, I do usually love Ulta, but this one is special. I am already planning to buy one or two backups. And look for its peach equivalent!