Dove Advanced Color Care leave-in luminizing mist

Price: $

Price: $

on 4/21/2009 12:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I like using Dove products because they tend to be easier on my skin and hair than others, which can be harsh and damaging. I bought this after I began to notice that my color-treated has was loosing it's oomph and becoming pretty dull. Obviously, the glimmering, pink bottle caught my eye. I bought it for a couple dollars (probably less than $5). That's good, because this product did nothing (literally). It added no extra shine, it didn't control frizz, it didn't help with anything. It did, however, weigh my hair down a little, which irritated the heck out of me. It's almost like this is oil and glitter, minus the shine.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I really can't believe all of the negative comments for this, as well as the rest of the Advanced Color Care line. I LOVE THESE PRODUCTS! I use the whole set (shampoo, conditioner, and mist), which is a lot cheaper than the Bed Head lightened hair products I was using (Dove's whole set is around $12, whereas Bed Head shampoo is $20). This is my HG set, for sure! The FIRST day I used the line, I got three complements on my normally oily, frizzy, and overall damaged hair...THREE! The spray, specifically, is my favorite, because it really does boost up that shine! I love, love, love the whole line (though, I can see how some of the products, contrary to claims, might dry out already dry hair; my hair is color processed and oily, and it makes my hair soft but a little dry--which I like!)! Anyway, for the price, I say: why not give it a try? You may find you love it as much as I do!

on 1/21/2007 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I got the luminizer as a freebie when I bought Dove Advanced Color Care shampoo. Overall the sparkles in the bottle are what attracted me to the product. When I saw the two-pack with the luminizer included for the same price, I decided to try them both. My hair is in pretty good condition but this product is disappointing. It left my hair with a weird stiffiness in texture. The spray doesn't come out of the bottle in a fine mist either, it just kind of squirts out so you won't get an even coverage. Needless to say, I wasn't impressed and I won't buy it again. If you want a good detangler that leaves a nice texture and shine, try Thermasilk spray.

on 10/21/2006 8:00:00 PM

What is with all the crappy reviews? This stuff rocks. It does exactly what it says *adds shine to your hair* My hair is incredibly shiny, but a little weighed down (when used without a volumizing product). Plus, it leaves my hair very soft. Dove products have overall worked out for me, so i have no complaints!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have light brown color treated hair with blonde highlights, oily roots, and dry ends. I bought this just for the shine but after using it wet as a detangler it worked even better then it did as a luminizer. Did this product live up to its promises? Not really since its advertised as a luminator but it is and awesome detangler. I have vertigo and for water not to get into my ear I have to wash my hair in the sink, that means leaning over, putting my head upside down and then I get piles of tangles when Im done washing. After spraying this sparingly all over the comb slipped through my tangles like they were never there at all. Although my hair is long with dry ends its also thin & I have oily roots so it gets weighed down easily. This product was truly light weight even after 7 full sprays of it! After touching it while wet it was also silky like the bottle claimed. As far as shine goes I could see the small chunks of glitter when I looked upclose but since this does nothing to make the actual hair shaft shinier I was not able to see any improved shimmer even from a foot away. Since I have dark hair on the bottom and blonde streaks up top I am able to say on the dark pieces it looks like tiny pieces of glitter and on the blonde pieces the glitter doesnt show up as much so when my eye does catch a glimpse of the glitter it looks more like natural light being reflected and does give more of a "shine" look. The packaging says for lightened or highlighted hair and I think its labeled right because on darker brown/black hair this would probably just look like small glitter. I also sprayed this on the back of my hand less then 6 inches away so it would take a minute to dry- the results were it dried powdery smooth like I had no liquid/product on my hand at all, and the glitter stayed put on my hand. After trying it on my hand and seeing the results I can say to my fellow thin haired girls, yes you can use this without it weighing your hair down. For those of you who want real shimmer & shine this is NOT the product for you but it is great detangler that smells good & will never weigh your hair down. Will also say I did use the advanced color care shampoo & condtioner when I used this and my hair was dry. I am not sure whether it was the shampoo & condtioner or this or all combined but when dry my hair was very dry & felt nasty. *Have not sprayed this on dry hair as a shine product yet* Update* will be taking back after seeing other reviews. They didnt use the dove poo &con line only this and their hair was dry. eek!

Popular Styling Products