Dove Advanced Color Care leave-in luminizing mist

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Dove Advanced Color Care leave-in luminizing mist

2.5

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm really surprised by the reviews on here! I really like this product. I have pretty thin hair, and it doesn't weigh it down at all. Make sure you're not spraying too much. The smell is awesome, and although it doesn't really illuminate my hair, it does make it much easier to comb through. I love it, don't knock it till you try it. :)

on 1/21/2007 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I got the luminizer as a freebie when I bought Dove Advanced Color Care shampoo. Overall the sparkles in the bottle are what attracted me to the product. When I saw the two-pack with the luminizer included for the same price, I decided to try them both. My hair is in pretty good condition but this product is disappointing. It left my hair with a weird stiffiness in texture. The spray doesn't come out of the bottle in a fine mist either, it just kind of squirts out so you won't get an even coverage. Needless to say, I wasn't impressed and I won't buy it again. If you want a good detangler that leaves a nice texture and shine, try Thermasilk spray.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have light brown color treated hair with blonde highlights, oily roots, and dry ends. I bought this just for the shine but after using it wet as a detangler it worked even better then it did as a luminizer. Did this product live up to its promises? Not really since its advertised as a luminator but it is and awesome detangler. I have vertigo and for water not to get into my ear I have to wash my hair in the sink, that means leaning over, putting my head upside down and then I get piles of tangles when Im done washing. After spraying this sparingly all over the comb slipped through my tangles like they were never there at all. Although my hair is long with dry ends its also thin & I have oily roots so it gets weighed down easily. This product was truly light weight even after 7 full sprays of it! After touching it while wet it was also silky like the bottle claimed. As far as shine goes I could see the small chunks of glitter when I looked upclose but since this does nothing to make the actual hair shaft shinier I was not able to see any improved shimmer even from a foot away. Since I have dark hair on the bottom and blonde streaks up top I am able to say on the dark pieces it looks like tiny pieces of glitter and on the blonde pieces the glitter doesnt show up as much so when my eye does catch a glimpse of the glitter it looks more like natural light being reflected and does give more of a "shine" look. The packaging says for lightened or highlighted hair and I think its labeled right because on darker brown/black hair this would probably just look like small glitter. I also sprayed this on the back of my hand less then 6 inches away so it would take a minute to dry- the results were it dried powdery smooth like I had no liquid/product on my hand at all, and the glitter stayed put on my hand. After trying it on my hand and seeing the results I can say to my fellow thin haired girls, yes you can use this without it weighing your hair down. For those of you who want real shimmer & shine this is NOT the product for you but it is great detangler that smells good & will never weigh your hair down. Will also say I did use the advanced color care shampoo & condtioner when I used this and my hair was dry. I am not sure whether it was the shampoo & condtioner or this or all combined but when dry my hair was very dry & felt nasty. *Have not sprayed this on dry hair as a shine product yet* Update* will be taking back after seeing other reviews. They didnt use the dove poo &con line only this and their hair was dry. eek!

on 1/28/2006 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

WHY do I get pulled in by Dove haircare products, hoping that maybe one will work for me (because they smell so nice and are priced well)--then none of them ever do? This product was absolutely vile on my hair. I have fine, color treated hair that is growing out. I am always on the lookout for new shine products. This one caught my eye because, honestly, it looked pretty. It has a cute pink bottle, and the product itself is a luminescent, glittery liquid. And it smelled SO good! I was hoping that this might act, on my hair, something along the lines of what Bobbi Brown's shimmerbrick does for my face! This product is for "lightened or color-treated hair" and is supposed to add "silkiness and shine". Well, the hydrogenated castor oil in the ingredients caught my eye as a red flag, but I went against my better judgement and bought it. Dove hair products tend to make my hair and scalp feel grimy and dirty, and this one did too. It was awful! Following the directions to the letter, I was left with hair that looked terribly dirty, felt heavily coated, and had no shine. And since I had no time to shampoo again, I had to go through a day of work looking like I had poor hair-hygiene practices. $5.99, money wasted. ====ingredients====water, glycerin, acrylates/aminoacrylates/c10-30 alkyl PEG-20 itaconate copolymer, peg-40 hydrogenated castor oil, dimethiconol, fragrance, centrimonium chloride, tea-dodecylbenzenesulfonate, dmdm hydantoin, adipic acid, phosphoric acid, laureth-23, cyclomethicone, lysine hci, iodopropynyl butylcarbamate, silk amino acids, borago officinalis seed oil, mica, titanium dioxide

Popular Styling Products