Dove Advanced Color Care leave-in luminizing mist

Dove Advanced Color Care leave-in luminizing mist

2.3

on 4/21/2009 12:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I like using Dove products because they tend to be easier on my skin and hair than others, which can be harsh and damaging. I bought this after I began to notice that my color-treated has was loosing it's oomph and becoming pretty dull. Obviously, the glimmering, pink bottle caught my eye. I bought it for a couple dollars (probably less than $5). That's good, because this product did nothing (literally). It added no extra shine, it didn't control frizz, it didn't help with anything. It did, however, weigh my hair down a little, which irritated the heck out of me. It's almost like this is oil and glitter, minus the shine.

on 5/12/2008 2:31:00 PM

This was an on-the-whim purchase. I have fine hair, and I have chunky highlights. My hair is not dry, but, I figured that this would be an additional benefit to my every work morning hair routine. I use B&B thickeing spray, Avedas volumnizer, Paul Mitchells root lifter, and Doves shine spray. This spray is DEFINATELY lighter then John Friedas Brilliant Brunette line - and does add a very slight shimmer. For a drug store purchase, I have no complaints. This spray isnt a miracle worker, but it doesnt weigh my hair down, and it also does leave a pretty scent.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I'm a sucker for sparkles and this is a product that has them SWIRLING around in a pretty pink bottle. I couldn't resist.
This product just dried out my hair, didn't do anything special. I agree with a reviewer here that can't figure out why Dove has great skincare products and terrible hair products. The price isn't too bad for a product like this. Just didn't work on my colored and dried out coarse hair. Left my hair sort of stiff.

on 1/28/2006 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

WHY do I get pulled in by Dove haircare products, hoping that maybe one will work for me (because they smell so nice and are priced well)--then none of them ever do? This product was absolutely vile on my hair. I have fine, color treated hair that is growing out. I am always on the lookout for new shine products. This one caught my eye because, honestly, it looked pretty. It has a cute pink bottle, and the product itself is a luminescent, glittery liquid. And it smelled SO good! I was hoping that this might act, on my hair, something along the lines of what Bobbi Brown's shimmerbrick does for my face! This product is for "lightened or color-treated hair" and is supposed to add "silkiness and shine". Well, the hydrogenated castor oil in the ingredients caught my eye as a red flag, but I went against my better judgement and bought it. Dove hair products tend to make my hair and scalp feel grimy and dirty, and this one did too. It was awful! Following the directions to the letter, I was left with hair that looked terribly dirty, felt heavily coated, and had no shine. And since I had no time to shampoo again, I had to go through a day of work looking like I had poor hair-hygiene practices. $5.99, money wasted. ====ingredients====water, glycerin, acrylates/aminoacrylates/c10-30 alkyl PEG-20 itaconate copolymer, peg-40 hydrogenated castor oil, dimethiconol, fragrance, centrimonium chloride, tea-dodecylbenzenesulfonate, dmdm hydantoin, adipic acid, phosphoric acid, laureth-23, cyclomethicone, lysine hci, iodopropynyl butylcarbamate, silk amino acids, borago officinalis seed oil, mica, titanium dioxide

Popular Styling Products