Dove Advanced Color Care leave-in luminizing mist

Price: $

Price: $

on 4/21/2009 12:52:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I like using Dove products because they tend to be easier on my skin and hair than others, which can be harsh and damaging. I bought this after I began to notice that my color-treated has was loosing it's oomph and becoming pretty dull. Obviously, the glimmering, pink bottle caught my eye. I bought it for a couple dollars (probably less than $5). That's good, because this product did nothing (literally). It added no extra shine, it didn't control frizz, it didn't help with anything. It did, however, weigh my hair down a little, which irritated the heck out of me. It's almost like this is oil and glitter, minus the shine.

on 5/12/2008 2:31:00 PM

This was an on-the-whim purchase. I have fine hair, and I have chunky highlights. My hair is not dry, but, I figured that this would be an additional benefit to my every work morning hair routine. I use B&B thickeing spray, Avedas volumnizer, Paul Mitchells root lifter, and Doves shine spray. This spray is DEFINATELY lighter then John Friedas Brilliant Brunette line - and does add a very slight shimmer. For a drug store purchase, I have no complaints. This spray isnt a miracle worker, but it doesnt weigh my hair down, and it also does leave a pretty scent.

on 10/18/2007 7:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This just didn't do anything at all for my hair. The bottle sure is pretty though. (i got the light pink version)

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I'm really surprised this has gotten so many negative reviews on here. I use this spray every morning after I get out of the shower, and it's fantastic on my fine, wavy hair as a detangler and shine-booster. I just went through 6 months of gradual bleaching and deep conditioning to get from nearly black bottle color to my natural blonde, and this spray has helped to make my hair look less fried. For this price (and especially since you can find it on sale at so many stores), I would say give it a shot, especially if you've been bleaching a lot lately.

on 1/25/2007 1:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I could spray water on my hair and get better results than with this stuff. It didn't make my hair shiny or luminous. If anything, I noticed that when I used this product my hair tended to look dull and stringy. Don't waste your money.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have light brown color treated hair with blonde highlights, oily roots, and dry ends. I bought this just for the shine but after using it wet as a detangler it worked even better then it did as a luminizer. Did this product live up to its promises? Not really since its advertised as a luminator but it is and awesome detangler. I have vertigo and for water not to get into my ear I have to wash my hair in the sink, that means leaning over, putting my head upside down and then I get piles of tangles when Im done washing. After spraying this sparingly all over the comb slipped through my tangles like they were never there at all. Although my hair is long with dry ends its also thin & I have oily roots so it gets weighed down easily. This product was truly light weight even after 7 full sprays of it! After touching it while wet it was also silky like the bottle claimed. As far as shine goes I could see the small chunks of glitter when I looked upclose but since this does nothing to make the actual hair shaft shinier I was not able to see any improved shimmer even from a foot away. Since I have dark hair on the bottom and blonde streaks up top I am able to say on the dark pieces it looks like tiny pieces of glitter and on the blonde pieces the glitter doesnt show up as much so when my eye does catch a glimpse of the glitter it looks more like natural light being reflected and does give more of a "shine" look. The packaging says for lightened or highlighted hair and I think its labeled right because on darker brown/black hair this would probably just look like small glitter. I also sprayed this on the back of my hand less then 6 inches away so it would take a minute to dry- the results were it dried powdery smooth like I had no liquid/product on my hand at all, and the glitter stayed put on my hand. After trying it on my hand and seeing the results I can say to my fellow thin haired girls, yes you can use this without it weighing your hair down. For those of you who want real shimmer & shine this is NOT the product for you but it is great detangler that smells good & will never weigh your hair down. Will also say I did use the advanced color care shampoo & condtioner when I used this and my hair was dry. I am not sure whether it was the shampoo & condtioner or this or all combined but when dry my hair was very dry & felt nasty. *Have not sprayed this on dry hair as a shine product yet* Update* will be taking back after seeing other reviews. They didnt use the dove poo &con line only this and their hair was dry. eek!

on 3/13/2006 7:54:00 PM

I read about this product in "Lucky" magazine and decided to give it a try. I have long, thick, slighty coarse highligted blonde hair. I've used it five times now and have been extremely pleased. It definitely cut down on fly-aways (a perennial problem), made tangles disappear, and my hair looks silkier and more shiny. My husband even noticed the difference. This product works a lot better than products from Frederic Fekkai and Phyto that I paid 4-5 times as much for.

on 1/28/2006 6:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

WHY do I get pulled in by Dove haircare products, hoping that maybe one will work for me (because they smell so nice and are priced well)--then none of them ever do? This product was absolutely vile on my hair. I have fine, color treated hair that is growing out. I am always on the lookout for new shine products. This one caught my eye because, honestly, it looked pretty. It has a cute pink bottle, and the product itself is a luminescent, glittery liquid. And it smelled SO good! I was hoping that this might act, on my hair, something along the lines of what Bobbi Brown's shimmerbrick does for my face! This product is for "lightened or color-treated hair" and is supposed to add "silkiness and shine". Well, the hydrogenated castor oil in the ingredients caught my eye as a red flag, but I went against my better judgement and bought it. Dove hair products tend to make my hair and scalp feel grimy and dirty, and this one did too. It was awful! Following the directions to the letter, I was left with hair that looked terribly dirty, felt heavily coated, and had no shine. And since I had no time to shampoo again, I had to go through a day of work looking like I had poor hair-hygiene practices. $5.99, money wasted. ====ingredients====water, glycerin, acrylates/aminoacrylates/c10-30 alkyl PEG-20 itaconate copolymer, peg-40 hydrogenated castor oil, dimethiconol, fragrance, centrimonium chloride, tea-dodecylbenzenesulfonate, dmdm hydantoin, adipic acid, phosphoric acid, laureth-23, cyclomethicone, lysine hci, iodopropynyl butylcarbamate, silk amino acids, borago officinalis seed oil, mica, titanium dioxide

Popular Styling Products