Dove Advanced Color Care leave-in luminizing mist

Dove Advanced Color Care leave-in luminizing mist

3.4

on 8/19/2013 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

This stuff is amaze-balls!
As background, my hair is long, wavy, some-what tangly, and is NOT dyed/color-treated. I didn't use this when coming out of the shower, but rather used them in the morning before heading out. I'd give about 5 sprays on the ends of my hair and then brush through. This doesn't seem like much but it really did enhance the natural waves of my hair without the frizz. It also made my hair look a little more polished by reducing a random tight curl here and a straight strand of here there. Great for adding texture too!
The price online doesn't seem like much and I use it so little that I don't mind spending $6-$10 on it.
One thing that's misleading about the packaging is that it's more of a squirt rather than a spray. Make sure you aim well. I do like that it's not a fine 'mist' b/c I actually get product in my hair without spraying so much.
I got really lucky with this product. I actually found it here and swapped it because I didn't find anything else on the other swappers list - boy am I glad that I did that!
I've only got a bit of this product left and am looking into repurchasing as soon as I'm done my other hair products.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm really surprised by the reviews on here! I really like this product. I have pretty thin hair, and it doesn't weigh it down at all. Make sure you're not spraying too much. The smell is awesome, and although it doesn't really illuminate my hair, it does make it much easier to comb through. I love it, don't knock it till you try it. :)

This is a cute bottle but it offers nothing. Nothing! The glitter stuff doesn't even show up, it also weighs my hair down and doesn't even make it shiny. Dull, sucky product!

on 10/18/2007 7:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This just didn't do anything at all for my hair. The bottle sure is pretty though. (i got the light pink version)

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I really can't believe all of the negative comments for this, as well as the rest of the Advanced Color Care line. I LOVE THESE PRODUCTS! I use the whole set (shampoo, conditioner, and mist), which is a lot cheaper than the Bed Head lightened hair products I was using (Dove's whole set is around $12, whereas Bed Head shampoo is $20). This is my HG set, for sure! The FIRST day I used the line, I got three complements on my normally oily, frizzy, and overall damaged hair...THREE! The spray, specifically, is my favorite, because it really does boost up that shine! I love, love, love the whole line (though, I can see how some of the products, contrary to claims, might dry out already dry hair; my hair is color processed and oily, and it makes my hair soft but a little dry--which I like!)! Anyway, for the price, I say: why not give it a try? You may find you love it as much as I do!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I'm really surprised this has gotten so many negative reviews on here. I use this spray every morning after I get out of the shower, and it's fantastic on my fine, wavy hair as a detangler and shine-booster. I just went through 6 months of gradual bleaching and deep conditioning to get from nearly black bottle color to my natural blonde, and this spray has helped to make my hair look less fried. For this price (and especially since you can find it on sale at so many stores), I would say give it a shot, especially if you've been bleaching a lot lately.

This did nothing for my hair. Or even if it did, it certainly wasn't noticeable.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I have light brown color treated hair with blonde highlights, oily roots, and dry ends. I bought this just for the shine but after using it wet as a detangler it worked even better then it did as a luminizer. Did this product live up to its promises? Not really since its advertised as a luminator but it is and awesome detangler. I have vertigo and for water not to get into my ear I have to wash my hair in the sink, that means leaning over, putting my head upside down and then I get piles of tangles when Im done washing. After spraying this sparingly all over the comb slipped through my tangles like they were never there at all. Although my hair is long with dry ends its also thin & I have oily roots so it gets weighed down easily. This product was truly light weight even after 7 full sprays of it! After touching it while wet it was also silky like the bottle claimed. As far as shine goes I could see the small chunks of glitter when I looked upclose but since this does nothing to make the actual hair shaft shinier I was not able to see any improved shimmer even from a foot away. Since I have dark hair on the bottom and blonde streaks up top I am able to say on the dark pieces it looks like tiny pieces of glitter and on the blonde pieces the glitter doesnt show up as much so when my eye does catch a glimpse of the glitter it looks more like natural light being reflected and does give more of a "shine" look. The packaging says for lightened or highlighted hair and I think its labeled right because on darker brown/black hair this would probably just look like small glitter. I also sprayed this on the back of my hand less then 6 inches away so it would take a minute to dry- the results were it dried powdery smooth like I had no liquid/product on my hand at all, and the glitter stayed put on my hand. After trying it on my hand and seeing the results I can say to my fellow thin haired girls, yes you can use this without it weighing your hair down. For those of you who want real shimmer & shine this is NOT the product for you but it is great detangler that smells good & will never weigh your hair down. Will also say I did use the advanced color care shampoo & condtioner when I used this and my hair was dry. I am not sure whether it was the shampoo & condtioner or this or all combined but when dry my hair was very dry & felt nasty. *Have not sprayed this on dry hair as a shine product yet* Update* will be taking back after seeing other reviews. They didnt use the dove poo &con line only this and their hair was dry. eek!

Popular Styling Products