Silk Elements MegaSilk Moisturizing Treatment

3.5

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Other, Wavy, Other

This is the equivalent of an average rinse-out conditioner to me. I get no deep conditioning benefits from it. It claims to make detangling easier and smooth the hair but it did none of that. My hair was pretty tangled after rinsing and frizzy when it dried. Since I only bought a small packet of it for little more than a dollar it's no huge loss but I wouldn't buy it again.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this product!!! I have tried a number of different deep conditioners and this one I keep coming back to. I like the smell, it's not overwhelming. The texture and consistency is slippery, not thick but creamy and a bit stiffer than cake batter, which I like, and it leaves my hair feeling so manageable, silky, shiny, and most of all moisturized! It has a nice balance between being a moisturizing and protein deep conditioner that my hair loves and it can't get enough. I happened upon this conditioner by accident while looking for the discontinued Mixed Silk deep conditioner and I'm glad I picked it up anyway. I know it doesn't work for everybody as each of us have different hair textures, porosity levels, densities, etc. but it is one of my staples. I hope it's never discontinued. In case it helps, I have a looser S type waves in the front and crown and pen sized curl circumference strands along the sides and back that are medium to low density and medium to high porosity hair. I only wish I could have a much larger tub of this stuff!

To Read all 32 Reviews, Login or Join

on 2/4/2014 3:50:00 PM

I bought this at Sally Beauty for $6.99. So I didn't feel guilty about throwing it out when it was 80% full. It smells atrocious--sort of like mothballs--very cheap. I think I probably could have gotten past that, though I'm not really sure, if it was miraculous. It wasn't.

on 10/28/2012 12:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

I bought a few sample size/few use packets at Sally's and a few full sized of a lot of products and I'm going to use them all at least twice before making a final decision, but I'm going to start now.

The products were: Proclaim Argan Oil Intense Hydrating Masque, Creme of Nature Argan Oil Intensive Conditioning Treatment, Ion Effective Care Treatment, One 'n Only Brazilian Tech Keratin Deep Penetrating Conditioning Treatment, Silk Elements MegaSilk Moisturizing Treatment, Cantu Shea Butter Leave-In Conditioning Treatment, Silk Elements Mega Cholesterol Conditioning Treatment, Organic Root Stimulator Hair Mayonnaise

This is light, along the lines of the Ion, Proclaim, Creme of Nature and One 'n' Only. This got bad reviews, but I really like it!!!! It beat out a good lot of these, probably in between Proclaim and the One 'n' Only, which was a fav. I did pick up the Mayo based on the great reviews for it, but haven't tried it yet. I think it's worth getting the small packet for this. Their olive oil conditioner was nice too, but I like this more. A bit more silk in this one.

I already used this twice without doing anything special and my hair felt silkier than many other treatments.

on 8/11/2012 6:23:00 PM

probabaly wouldnt buy it again. It worked ok...made my hair feel a bit softer and a bit bouncy..but nothing real special that a regular conditioner cant do. I much prefer my olive oil replenishing PAK that comes in a single packet the same way.

on 7/4/2012 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I have damaged colored so i am always on the hunt for something to make my hair soft, shiny, and make it somewhat healthy. This smells good but didn't really do anything.

on 7/13/2011 9:45:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Used this once and my hair has not recovered from it. it made my hair worse. It became more spongy, poufy and dry. I won't use it or buy it again.

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I have only used this product one time as a trial. I usually use Silk Elements Leave In Conditioning Creme which leave my hair very soft. So when using this, I did feel that my hair stayed a bit tamer than usual. I have very long, thick, curly, dry hair so this is a very good thing. I would buy this product again....the price wasn't bad

on 11/30/2010 11:12:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

Couldn't tell a difference in the state of the hair. Glad I only bought the small packet instead of the full sized bottle. Was worth a try. May be a better treatment for fine and thinner haired ladies.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

i bought a little packet from sallys to see if i like it..
result? horrible.. wonder if my packet was messed up somehow..
it smelled pretty good and it was nice and thick. i left it on my hair for about 10minute or so than rinsed it off. it was horrible..my hair looked worst than before. idk. may be it worked for some people. but not for me

Popular Hair Treatments