Cover Girl AquaSmooth SPF15 Make-up

Cover Girl AquaSmooth SPF15 Make-up
AquaSmooth SPF15 Make-up

3.6

Titanium Dioxide 9% , Cyclopentasiloxane , Water Aqua , Butylene Glycol , Silica , Niacinamide , Tridecyl Isononanoate , Sorbitan Isostearate , Talc , Euphorbia Cerifera Wax Candelilla , Ozokerite , Tocopheryl Acetate , Panthenol , Tocopherol , Cyclomethicone , PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone , Methicone , Cyclopentasiloxane , Propylparaben , Methylparaben , Stearic Acid , Disodiium EDTA , Sodium Acetate , Mica , Titanium Dioxide , Iron Oxides , Aluminum Hydroxide

I have combination skin and can get hormonal acne. I also have very sensitive skin the scars very easily. My face, even when totally clear, always has red marks from acne spots. I must use foundation. I am also very pale, so founding a color that works can be hard.

This looks a bit darker in the case then it actually supplies, which is nice. The coverage is medium.
I use this over bb Cream and also use a powder foundation over it for a little extra coverage. This applies smoothly, blends easily, and lasts fairly well.

I'm a fan.

Initially I thought I hit it over the head. Great coverage and smooth. Unfortunately... This made my face break out each time I used this. I tried new sponges, brushes, you name it. I was so upset, as it looked great on. I finally threw it out as it was causing me to breakout it was really making more of a problem once I washed it off

To Read all 936 Reviews, Login or Join

At first when I bought this I thought it was good but then it started to make my skin go dry then then that stopped and now it's started making me go spotty. I wouldn't buy this foundation again

PROS: First, a helpful tip, if you have acne and/or oily skin, you want to look at a foundation that is not a creamy pancake makeup. This is quite kind to wrinkles. I use a domed, firm foundation brush and push this into pores and then a big and softer blender brush to blend. OR I use a slighly damp beauty blender for a more natural application, but also pushing into pores. (I leave the stupid little sponge included with it inside the packaging to keep the air from coming in and drying the product out.)

I have had foundations that look good in my wrinkles and then hideous in my pores OR foundations that look good in my pores but hideous with my wrinkles. It's rare for me to find one that looks good in both (but also see my "alternatives" for a cheaper version. I can even wear it under my eyes without it turning me into the crepey queen.

Leaves a soft, barely moist glow. Still lasts on my skin without powder, even when I don't use powder (but I have dry skin.) When I am going to be out and active (dancing, etc.), I do use CoverGirl Advanced Radiance Age-Defying Pressed Powder (which is, by the way, absolutely phenomenal with my wrinkles, unlike every other powder I've ever tried).

Very buildable. I can go more natural, or I can get very good coverage from its opacity..

Very reasonable price. (see my "alternates" for more on that.)

CONS: COuld use more shade choices.

Even when applying lightly, this is not a super natural look. So for those looking for that, you can move on. (But again, it's a pancake makeup, so you probably already figured that.)

APPLICATION TIPS: I like to use a quite stiff domed foundation brush like "Up & Up" by Target's domed foundation brush with the silver handle and white/black bristles OR Cargo's Magic brush (quite a bit more expensive and not much better than the Target brush). I then go over it with the Sonia Kashuk #130 to blend (heavenly brush). For a more natural finish, I love using a barely damp beauty blender to apply this (still pushing it into pores.) This does not pair well with a silicone based primer. It just makes it slide all over and get even more patchy very quickly throughout the day. (Also see powder tip and other various tips in "PROS" above.)

ALTERNATES: Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Invisible Cover Stick Foundation. (But it's more costly, of course. And it's not as good in my pores. And it's a little more heavy looking than this one.)

This product reminded me significantly of the discontinued Carmindy line for Sally Hansen. The concealer from Carmindy was what I used and it wasn't the greatest product in the world: Oily,settled into every pore and line imaginable. This product from Cover Girl is a step up,but a small one.
It basically is like a creme pancake type of foundation. If you have oily skin,forget it. If your skin is dry to very dry,this may work for you.

april 2016: Well I liked this but stop using it. WHY? Because Covergirl's Simply Powder foundation in Classic Ivory is my HOLY GRAIL FOUNDATION POWDER!!!! Like nothing I have ever tried. use over my tinted moisturizer, after it sets, used a little brush to brush over and then I used the sponge with it and my face looked like a dreaam. Doesnt cake or settle into lines, lasted all day, Doesn't stick to dry patches and IS BLOWING MY MIND! If you are NC15-20, you should be able to use this powder too, but other shades looked quite pink and orange to me. I"M LUCKY as it's a wonderful color and the powder is magic I tell ya. I've tried them all. i EVEN THREW AWAY MY STASH! you know its holy grail status if I did that!

I am really liking this foundation! I am NC 15 and got Classic Ivory which is a darn close match to my warm toned pale skin! This doesnt have bismuth in it, which many do, so it doesn't break me out! I have tried the sponge, a brush and my fingers to apply. I find the brush applies too much and it doesnt get blended in very well, so I find best to use my fingers! I know I know....supposedly using your fingers make you oily but I think this blends in better with my fingers and looks more natural. I used it the first few days with my Physicians formula speckled pressed powder, and maybe I applied too much, but I think the powder caused me to look a little cakey at the end of the day. I used it today with no powder and it looked quite nice toward the end of the day. I use a tissue or toilet paper to blot slightly as tissues don't pull off the make up like some blotters seem to do. I tried this as an eye concealer too and it lasted longer than any concealer i have used but it did seem to be a bit drying under my eye, so am going to moisturizer more under the eye and see how that goes. I love the coverage and am so tickled! If it wasn't for the classic ivory color, I wouldnt be able to wear this as the ivory color was way too pink. Covergirl still needs to update their colors. they have been the same since the age of the dinosaur but classic ivory is good for pale gals with yellow undertones. Hope this helps. I've tried every cream foundation out there and this is the best TRUELY. And people who say oily skin gals shouldnt' wear cream foundations is crazy as cream foundations are the BEST for oily skin gals. I've try and try liquids but they just get oily and never last. I'll keep you updated. Thanks gals for the great reviews! You were right on this one! Im surprised the ratings aren't higher to be honest.

HOLY GRAIL STATUS, HIDDEN GEM!

I used this foundation for 4 years during the end of middle school/beginning of high school during my heavy acne stage but stopped 2 years ago because my skin started getting better and I got really into liquid foundation and became a Sephora junkie and tried pretty much everything, high end, low end. The other night I was looking at my prom photos and didn't understand why my skin looked so much smoother than it has been lately (since I started using liquids). Then I realized I used the aquasmooth foundation because I had gotten a spray tan and didn't have anything else or high end that matched my tan. I went to cvs today and picked it up and wore it all day (I applied with a sigma f80 and patted it all over my face) and it is seriously the best foundation I've ever used. It is the only foundation that hides my pores and fine lines and just gives such a beautiful, full-coverage, doll-like finish, it's insane. This is a hidden gem and is so worth trying. I recommend setting with a powder if you're oily like me because it can get a little shiny after a few hours of wearing but nothing crazy at all. I have fallen back in love with this foundation and really hope it is never discontinued! It doesn't break my sensitive skin out at all and I realized that this foundation actually helped my skin clear up back in my middle school/high school days! It feels so light on the skin and doesn't feel cakey or unnatural while still giving and extremely full coverage look. You can also just use less and get a light or medium coverage which is also great for good skin days or if that is just what you personally prefer.

I don't understand all the bad reviews on this foundation. All I can come up with is that the reviewers are using the sponge that it comes with in the compact (which isn't the nicest packaging but what can you do) and I recommend you just throw that out as soon as you purchase it and use a brush or dab a damp beauty blender/sponge of choice in it and bounce in into the skin.

on 10/18/2015 8:28:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I had used this at least 10 years ago, then forgot about it. I repurchased last week, and love it! I love the cool feel and the included sponge works really well. I haven't tried it with my stippling brunch or beauty blender yet, because I've only been using it as a light concealer.
My only gripe is that Buff Beige was the darkest in my store. I bought it because I have light olive skin, and it still is a shade too light. They need more options, but it's great.

Edit, 2/4/16, I've since switched colors to creamy natural which I find more yellow toned, though in the pan it looks orangey pink. Buff Beige was too orange on me since my skin has since turned paler. I haven't been using the self tanner much. I also bought Ivory which is neutral, though in the pan, that looks super pink. I use that sometime too and warm it up with my Tarte, matte waterproof bronzer. Now, I will tell you that in the pan, untouched, Buff Beige, Creamy Natural and Ivory ALL LOOK THE SAME. LMAO. You'll have to try them on your face to see which works best for you and then keep the receipt and return the one that you don't like. I will also say that Revlon's One Step Compact Makeup is also just as good. So, if you have a coupon for that, then buy that instead. My color in that, whether I use self tanner or not, is Ivory Beige.

Wow, this is a great makeup that lasts all day. I only have 3 negatives to say.
1. It tends to cling to dry spots if not properly prepped
2. it provides too much coverage. I only need light coverage
3. The compact is far too big.

Other than that, the finish is beautiful. It does not oxidize, so make sure you find your correct shade. I'm an NC15, but I use self tanner to make myself an NC30, sometimes an NC35 and Buff Beige works for all my skin tones. I use the Tarte, matte waterproof bronzer to warm up my skin tone if I happen to not self tan the night before. It provides light to medium coverage for my dark circles and medium coverage every where else on my face using the sponge and then I use a flat kabuki to lighten the coverage and even everything out. I am so happy I discovered this make up. Perfect for summer too in that it doesn't sweat off. And no break outs from it yet.

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I'm a really pale, yellow-toned girl, and this stuff blends great in my skin, which is almost unheard of. I use the palest colour, and it actually works. It's got solid, medium coverage, it stays put, and it gives me a nice, even complexion. I think it would probably look even better with a stippling brush or a beauty blender, but I use the sponge applicator and it goes on really nicely. You really can't build it too much, but with Nyx's concealer jar, I don't really need to cake it on. It lasts all day, even in the summer, and with a good primer, it makes my skin look pretty smooth, which is a feat with my dry skin and acne. I was using mineral foundation before this, which was making my increasingly dry skin into a nightmare. This was my go-to foundation in college, so I decided to give it another try 10 years later. I'm super glad I did. This one is staying in rotation in my makeup kit.