Cover Girl AquaSmooth SPF15 Make-up

Cover Girl AquaSmooth SPF15 Make-up
AquaSmooth SPF15 Make-up

3.6

Titanium Dioxide 9% , Cyclopentasiloxane , Water Aqua , Butylene Glycol , Silica , Niacinamide , Tridecyl Isononanoate , Sorbitan Isostearate , Talc , Euphorbia Cerifera Wax Candelilla , Ozokerite , Tocopheryl Acetate , Panthenol , Tocopherol , Cyclomethicone , PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone , Methicone , Cyclopentasiloxane , Propylparaben , Methylparaben , Stearic Acid , Disodiium EDTA , Sodium Acetate , Mica , Titanium Dioxide , Iron Oxides , Aluminum Hydroxide

on 11/16/2017 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Pleasantly surprised! I bought this on a whim because I was looking for something that would work when my skin is a bit on the dry side and is lightweight. It was only about $6.50. It feels very smooth when applied. I used the sponge just to get it on my face, then blended with a brush. It evened out my skin tone nicely and didn't feel like I had anything on. Definitely buildable. Right now I'm about an NC20 and Creamy Natural matches really well.

What surprised me most was the lasting power. I wear glasses and they always rub a bit off eventually. But without primer and with setting spray I only had to touch up the areas where my glasses touch after maybe 6-7 hours. Other than that it looked good. It has a satiny glow, not that wet dewy look and definitely not powdery matte.

on 10/10/2017 1:52:00 PM

It just sits on my skin & looks blotchy. I've tried the both the applicator that came with it and a foundation brush. It clots in my pores and other areas doesn't stick at all. Will not repurchase

I have combination skin and can get hormonal acne. I also have very sensitive skin the scars very easily. My face, even when totally clear, always has red marks from acne spots. I must use foundation. I am also very pale, so finding a color that works can be hard.

This looks a bit darker in the case then it actually applies, which is nice. The coverage is medium.
I use this over bb Cream and also use a powder foundation over it for a little extra coverage. This applies smoothly, blends easily, and lasts fairly well.

I'm a fan.

on 1/7/2017 7:12:00 PM

This may very well be the best dupe for the Mac studio tech foundation. I got it on clearance for $4.24 at Target, but at full price I believe it's closer to $10.
The shade soft honey matched the Mac S.tech NC40 pretty closely. It's very easy to end up looking cakey so the first time I wore it, I washed it right off. I've found that a stippling brush works best since it picks up less product.
It lasted all day on me, and didn't rub off on my scarf/jacket. My powder blush and contour also went on very well over this. Just make sure to moisturize well.
It also contains more product than most other compacts, so that's a good thing. I can see it being a permanent hand bag item.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a wonderful cream makeup for very dry skin. Makes my skin look airbrushed, lightly dewy, and smooth. Quick application, buildable coverage. My new go-to.

on 8/28/2017 4:28:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This foundation is just "ok." I bought some to take on a camping trip because I wanted something compact, convenient, and easy to apply without a standing mirror/brush etc. It applies very streaky using the pad provided with the compact. I also bought what looked like the 2nd lightest shade they offered which is normally what I go for, but it looks very orange on me nonetheless. I would not buy it again as an everyday item. After the camping trip I did use the product for a while as a concealer around my eyes, but I used my fingers and a patting technique to apply it.

PROS: First, a helpful tip, if you have acne and/or oily skin, you want to look at a foundation that is not a creamy pancake makeup. This is quite kind to wrinkles. I use a domed, firm foundation brush and push this into pores and then a big and softer blender brush to blend. OR I use a slighly damp beauty blender for a more natural application, but also pushing into pores. (I leave the stupid little sponge included with it inside the packaging to keep the air from coming in and drying the product out.)

I have had foundations that look good in my wrinkles and then hideous in my pores OR foundations that look good in my pores but hideous with my wrinkles. It's rare for me to find one that looks good in both (but also see my "alternatives" for a cheaper version. I can even wear it under my eyes without it turning me into the crepey queen.

Leaves a soft, barely moist glow. Still lasts on my skin without powder, even when I don't use powder (but I have dry skin.) When I am going to be out and active (dancing, etc.), I do use CoverGirl Advanced Radiance Age-Defying Pressed Powder (which is, by the way, absolutely phenomenal with my wrinkles, unlike every other powder I've ever tried).

Very buildable. I can go more natural, or I can get very good coverage from its opacity..

Very reasonable price. (see my "alternates" for more on that.)

CONS: COuld use more shade choices.

Even when applying lightly, this is not a super natural look. So for those looking for that, you can move on. (But again, it's a pancake makeup, so you probably already figured that.)

APPLICATION TIPS: I like to use a quite stiff domed foundation brush like "Up & Up" by Target's domed foundation brush with the silver handle and white/black bristles OR Cargo's Magic brush (quite a bit more expensive and not much better than the Target brush). I then go over it with the Sonia Kashuk #130 to blend (heavenly brush). For a more natural finish, I love using a barely damp beauty blender to apply this (still pushing it into pores.) This does not pair well with a silicone based primer. It just makes it slide all over and get even more patchy very quickly throughout the day. (Also see powder tip and other various tips in "PROS" above.)

ALTERNATES: Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Invisible Cover Stick Foundation. (But it's more costly, of course. And it's not as good in my pores. And it's a little more heavy looking than this one.)

Initially I thought I hit it over the head. Great coverage and smooth. Unfortunately... This made my face break out each time I used this. I tried new sponges, brushes, you name it. I was so upset, as it looked great on. I finally threw it out as it was causing me to breakout it was really making more of a problem once I washed it off

This product reminded me significantly of the discontinued Carmindy line for Sally Hansen. The concealer from Carmindy was what I used and it wasn't the greatest product in the world: Oily,settled into every pore and line imaginable. This product from Cover Girl is a step up,but a small one.
It basically is like a creme pancake type of foundation. If you have oily skin,forget it. If your skin is dry to very dry,this may work for you.

At first when I bought this I thought it was good but then it started to make my skin go dry then then that stopped and now it's started making me go spotty. I wouldn't buy this foundation again