Boots Soltan Facial Sun Defence Cream SPF30

Filtered by eye Color : Green
No Image

2.3

At first I thought this was great - cheap, not too scented, not too "whitish" on my skin (which is: fair, a little sensitive).
Then it broke me out, and blocked my pores.
Sorry to write a neg review, but no no no. The tube I have left I may try as a sunblock on my arms and hope it doesn't do any damage there!

on 8/7/2006 7:44:00 AM

I have this in the Factor 30, and also the Factor 50 for the recent weird hot British summer weather. I love the 5 star UVA rating and the good UVB protection, plus it sinks in quickly, the pinky tint means it doesn't turn my pallid redhead skin any whiter than it already is, and since Soltan is nearly always 2 for 1 at Boots, it works out at bargain prices - meaning I keep a tube of this in the car, in my handbag, by the door, all over the place for frequent applications. What's not to love?

on 7/27/2007 9:23:00 AM

This used to be a great product. I used it for about four years, forsaking all others. Lightweight, reasonably priced, made my skin look even-toned ... okay, maybe a slight shine, but nothing I couldn't cope with. But guess what? The Boots boffins couldn't leave well enough alone. They've reformulated and 'improved' it. Well, not from my point of view They've added shea butter and other ingredients, and now if I use it my face shines like an oil-slick! I'll never repurchase this product again.

I really wanted this to work as it has such a good UVA rating but it made me break out around the chin and I couldn't put it anywhere near my eyes as it made them sting and water.
I found the fragrance quite strong - and sun tan lotion-y - and it could have been that which affected my eyes. Got three bottles to get through, so I'll use it on neck, chest and hands.