Boots Soltan Facial Sun Defence Cream SPF30

Filtered by skin type : Combination
No Image

3.4

on 8/7/2006 7:44:00 AM

I have this in the Factor 30, and also the Factor 50 for the recent weird hot British summer weather. I love the 5 star UVA rating and the good UVB protection, plus it sinks in quickly, the pinky tint means it doesn't turn my pallid redhead skin any whiter than it already is, and since Soltan is nearly always 2 for 1 at Boots, it works out at bargain prices - meaning I keep a tube of this in the car, in my handbag, by the door, all over the place for frequent applications. What's not to love?

on 9/19/2007 10:49:00 AM

Broke me out after 2 days. My very fair skin didn't burn but it's going in the bin.

on 6/2/2007 9:30:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

My skin is combination/acne-prone, and can sometimes be a bit sensitive, but this sunscreen is very good as it does not make me break-out or irritate my skin. It has a pleasant texture which does not leave the skin greasy. I have some marks from previous blemishes, and this helps to give a slight radiance which makes my skin appear more even -the winning factor for me! My skin is NC40 and this leaves no whiteness on the skin. I can use this over my normal moisturiser or on its own. I took this on holiday with me to India where on most days it was 35 degrees celsius + , and it was perfect. I got this for 2 for 1 at Boots, so it good value. Would definitely repurchase.

I really wanted this to work as it has such a good UVA rating but it made me break out around the chin and I couldn't put it anywhere near my eyes as it made them sting and water.
I found the fragrance quite strong - and sun tan lotion-y - and it could have been that which affected my eyes. Got three bottles to get through, so I'll use it on neck, chest and hands.

on 9/10/2010 7:46:00 PM

This cream is of a heavier consistency which isn't too greasy on the skin. However putting on the recommended amount makes my skin look very White. Even after the cream feel absorbed. I feel it does protect my face from sun damage.

Cons: stained my dress - think it has bleach mixed in...

To be honest the only reason I use this product religiously is the UVA***** protection. Seems to do it's job though, although it's a bit too oily for me as long as I apply sparingly and give it time to absorb it's ok. I find after long-term use you really start to notice the effect it has on your skin. Although I'm spot-prone, it doesn't break me out, moisturizes well and applied correctly does provide a decent (suppose 'average' is a suitable word) makeup base. Overall, a worthy, reliable product, one thing I can say for sure, is that long term you won't regret using this product. Good luck.

on 8/15/2007 9:26:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

I tried the new formulation of this cream, but it is too greasy for my combination/oily t-zone skin. This cream is thick and not very easy to rub in, after applying this product my face looked very oily. It did stop my face from burning in the sun, but it is probably more suited for those with dry skin.

on 6/10/2006 8:36:00 AM

This is best best sunscreen for the face I have found. Best because it actually has 5 star UVA protection! No other facial sunscreen I have tried has this high of a rating. Also the best because it leaves no white cast. It is moisturising, so no need to use a seperate moisturiser. I brush a bit of translucent power over it after application, and I remain shine-free. (And I have oily skin.) It doesn't break me out, texture is light, fragrance is very slight. Well done Boots!