Sugar Cosmetics Sugar Makes The Heart Grow Fonder

No Image

3.2

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

What a disappointment. I ordered this in late November during Sephora's Friends and Family sale. 5-6 months later in late April, early May, it's completely gone. Why? Because the packaging is a horrendous disaster. I used this fragrance only a handful of times. The rest simply leaked out through the bottle and coated my perfume tray and the bottoms of several other perfumes. It occasionally did this to the point where I had a migraine headache from the overwhelming smell. What was a sweet, charming young fragrance ended up being associated with nausea and frustration. If you're dead-set on having this, I suggest having Sephora decant some of this for you instead of purchasing the item for yourself or, worse, as a gift.

on 4/28/2007 6:46:00 PM

What a complete waste of money. The fragrance was nice, too bad it leaked all over my shelf. i got one use out of this before the bottle was almost gone. And then I got so tired of having to clean the bottle and shelf everyday I got fed up and just threw it away. I was so disgusted. If you don't mind cleaning up oily perfume residue everyday, go ahead and give it a try.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

5/6/07 EDIT: After having the bottle sit on my counter for a week, I began noticing that my whole bathroom smelled like the perfume. At first, I found it rather pleasant, but then I realized it was because the bottle was leaking everywhere, just like the other reviewers stated!! I'm not loving the scent that much, I think I'll dump the perfume down the sink and keep the bottle for its novelty.
Definitely sweet, I detect a cotton candy-ish note in there. But not overly gourmand. I don't feel like I've rolled in a vat of cookie dough when I spray this on. I detect some light florals to temper the sugariness and some musk in the base. I'm not too impressed with this fragrance. Fairly simple, not a lot of depth or dimension. Fortunately, it wasn't too expensive. The bottle is cute, frosted glass with a little pink atomizer. Makes it fun to spritz on, makes me recall my childhood days when I had a Tinkerbell perfume with a little purple atomizer that I went crazy with, trying to be glamorous! Aside from that, Sugar isn't well suited for me. A step up from teenage girl scents like Britney Spears and Jessica Simpson's, but I can't help feeling like there's something missing.

YUMMY! This smells dee-lishis..I have never smelled this combination before but it works. It is clean and soapy on the top, Vanilla in the middle a little sandlewood and musk at the bottom. Candy...but not cotton candy. Kind of a Foody and woody hybrid. For a cheap and poorly packaged scent, this one really hit the mark. So surprising...a better bottle would make this a must have and put this over the top. The sales will never be what they should, so I think you better stock up on this now! Let the dupes roll out! You will smell so great when you wear this, you will have to beat them off with a stick. Not sexy, no..not glamorous..uh uh..ummm..not complex..Just sweet and yummy. ADDENDUM:
Taking most of my lippies off, because this piece of crap atomizer just started oozing oil from the perfume all over the bottle and onto the my counter. 1/4 of the perfume is gone and I spritzed it only a few times. I had to crack it open with a wrench and suck out the remaining contents with a medicine dropper, and decant it into an empty Nanadebary bottle. WHY on earth would this not be recalled already? What a waste of a good smelling product and cute bottle. At least I still have most of the juice...lucky I had a bottle for it!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I am a Fragrance junkie. I hate floral smells though.They give me a killa headache. This smells like heaven. I first tried it at Ulta. The bottle was super cute so I sprayed. When I went outside to my car I couldnt stop smelling myself.I smelled Amazing!!! Soooo I had to go back the next day and buy it. It was like love at first sniff. My trademark perfume is "LUCKY YOU" and this smells nothing like it. Well I was on my way to somewhere super important and I put it in my glovebox. It was the middle of summer and I guess it exploded because when I opened my glove box tghe next morning it was gone! I was beyond ticked. well the following week later I went back to ulta to buy it AGAIN and they said that they didnt sell that perfume anymore. I almost died.Well about 6 months later I found it at SEPHORA<~~~ Love it ... and I got the last box along with Pink Sugar and philosophy's Falling in love... So needless to say I smell like heaven again.

I tend to like clean scents or citrus scents like Clean, Philosophy's Graces, Fresh's Sugar line, Maybe Baby, etc. (unless I am in a suit, then I like something less wholesome (like Chanel Allure)).

The Sugar Makes the Heart Grow Fonder (SMTHGF) parfum was in the Sugar Cosmetics section, not the perfume section of Sephora, so I didn't even notice it. My 8 year old came over smelling delicious and I asked what he had been spraying and he brought me Sugar Makes the Heart Grow Fonder.

I do not like Aquolina's Pink Sugar which I think smells TOO much like cotton candy. SMTHGF smells sweet like that, but does not smell like I spent all day working at the fair. I think it is 60% young girl scent but the vanilla and musk notes makes it more sophisticated. (I never wear musks, but I like the musk in this scent). I am mid thirties and it seems ALMOST too childish but at the same time delicious. It smells good enough to eat, but you can't exactly say what it smells like.. just sweet and vanilla and floral. Like a bath and sugar cereal.

I have gotten several compliments on this. It fades to my nose when I'm wearing it, so it's hard to gauge how long others can smell it. I think it's sweet and delicious.

I like the atomizer, but it does leak (leak upwards, oddly). I have tried tightening it more, if that doesn't work, i will transfer it to another container so it doesn't evaporate..

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

Grainy, honeyed light brown sugar scent with slight, well-blended floral nuances. Very scrumptious and cool (as in “neat”, not temperature) scent, but I’ve noticed that the first spray always illicits a headache. A shame because I love the middle notes (warm, sexy graham cracker crust) and wish it would just start form there. The scent does not last all day, it was pretty much gone before the afternoon, but it can function as a permeating base for other fragrances. It has an oily texture that mists very lightly from the atomizer, which also leaks a little.

on 7/22/2006 2:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a nice take on the vanilla and sugar combo. The opopanox and hint of spice add a little more depth and richness though it is still very, very sweet to me. I do not usually like the pure sugar/vanilla scents, but I got suckered into this when I received compliments while trying it out. I think it is a great price, considering it is an EDP, not EDT ($28 for 1.7oz). It lasts 8-12 hours on me. I do have a problem with the packaging though. It LOOKS very cute, but it leaks. I am not traveling with it, I only pick it up to spray it, and yet I could smell it coming from the bottle on my desk, and can SEE a ring of perfume oil around the top part of the bottle spreading, making the glass look unfrosted. I made sure the top was tightened. It is working double duty as an air freshener, whether I wanted to use it as such or not. Hence when I run out, I won't be repurchasing, because I didn't want half of it to go toward scenting a room.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I really like this scent. It smells sweet like sugar and vanilla. This scent has amazing staying power. Plus it comes in a cute bottle! It's a little pricey about $28.00. My only problem is that the bottle leaks a little. I would buy this again.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This scent smells like spun sugar with an undertone of something I can't figure out. If it just had the sugar smell I would love it but there is something unsettling.