The Body Shop White Musk Line

The Body Shop White Musk Line

3.9

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I knew this was the perfume of my heart when I received a tiny gift set back in year 1999. I was a clumsy pre-pubescent girl with a boyish haircut and my brother's hand me down clothes. But my heart was always very feminine. I dreamt of being a woman with long hair and dresses. White musk with its delicate smell of lillies and musk somehow gave me courage throughout this low self esteem period; it made me feel like I would get there and I would be something beautiful.

Next year will be the third decade of my life. Now my hair is long and I wear skirts, dresses and lacy tops. I have changed as a person. But some parts stay the same. I dont think Im beautiful. I dont think Im ugly either. It doesnt really matter anymore. Life has become complex and my dreams have changed. I want to be my own person. I want to be real and honest. I crave simplicity, peace and fun. Maybe this is why I bought this perfume yesterday. It doessnt bring back memories. It feels as if I was wearing it the last 15 years.

(I prefer the edp formulation. The oil smells a bit dark on me with less lilly, the edt smells nice but doesnt last at all)

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been obsessed with Bonne Bell Skin Musk (Oil, EDT, the spray can) forever & I love Jovan Musk, Body Fantasy Fresh White Musk Fantasy, & my personal fave: Fresh & Pretty White Musk (got this at Dollar general never saw again! But it is divine). I have this in EDT, body spray, body cream, & body wash (& I am going to order the oil when I get paid), I love this scent but it does not last very long I must say. I hope the oil lasts longer. I don't really think Body Fantasy Sexiest Musk is all that. But this IS "ALL -THAT- A BAG OF CHIPS N A BOX OF HO-HO's" I never go to TBS so I was never exposed to this & I decided to blind buy off eBay not too long ago I was disappointed I couldn't smell it 5 mins later. But not TOO disappointed coz about 99% of perfumes I can't detect ten minutes later on my own self. I adore this scent! And it's cruelty free. It's not marginally $$$ excessively like a lot of perfumes (excluding VS/B&BW fare or celeb fragrance renditions). Pretty, nice, inoffensive, safe, white bread McDonald's 7up vanilla ice soft serve ice cream cones. Which are all things I happen to find positive.

on 4/4/2015 3:43:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

This is my everyday perfume. I first got it from my mom when I was in 10 grade and I ended up buying it over and over. I love how it smells on me, it has a light and refreshing smell! My friends at school are always asking whether or not i am wearing a high end designer perfume and my boyfriend also likes how it smells. The price is good and the scent last quite long. Enough said.

on 1/15/2015 10:16:00 PM

This is my everyday fragrance. Its simple, clean and I like this kind of powdery musk. The longevity isnt that great on my skin though - I have to combine it with other products. I like that they started to make the smaller bottle, so its easy to take it with me. (Otherwise after couple of hours, there is nothing left...)
Im using this for couple of years now - enough said. :)

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This smells amazing and the packaging looks nice too ...
The glass bottle is pale pink with a flower design.

on 12/15/2014 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

No no no no. I can't get past the baby powder in this. Is this what musk is? Not a floral feminine powder but BABY powder, industrial, cloying and implying the smell of diapers. When I got whiffs of vanilla, the overall effect was less offensive. I think I might be anosmic to some compounds in here because sometimes I would get whiffs of things I hadn't smelled before but then they would get buried again in baby powder. In a blind smell test, my boyfriend found this pleasant but cheap smelling and the longevity was impressive so I'll give it 2 stars.

on 5/6/2014 10:57:00 PM

This is my first day trying this product...and I can still smell it on myself twelve hours after applying it. It's a smell that only a certain person would like, but it's unique and I love it! It made me feel clean and interesting...Sort of mysterious, but in a good way. Seriously...I got a million whiffs of myself today...Never really had that before except with Chance by Chanel. A definite buy for someone who wants to smell a little different than the average Joe!!

Love it. Smells... Sensual. Its not strong or too perfume like but makes me feel a bit more special.

on 3/20/2014 7:59:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I never experienced this fragrance in high school, so I don't have those associations with it. I found it a few years back when a friend of mine was wearing it, and I had to have it too. I'm not usually a fan of musky scents, but this is a nice balance of a light musk with warmer and lightly sweet notes. The body wash has more musk to it, the EDT is a bit lighter on the musk. This is a great everyday colder weather fragrance. It's warm and oddly comforting. It's nothing particularly interesting, but perfect for how simple it is. I don't like that it does not last very long, a few hours, maybe. On the other hand, I favor unobtrusive fragrances, and I'd rather err on it fading out rather than easily overpowering. I recently repurchased and they have added an unusual top to the EDT bottle, which is clumsy and difficult to take on and off. I will repurchase again when I run out.

This scent reminds me of high school. I remember wearing this because my boyfriend at the time loved it on me and I loved it too. I used to wear the scented lotion all the time, now I wear the EDT or Perfume... And somehow every time I wear it it reminds me of grade 10-11 lol

(It has a mix of musk, lily, iris, ylang ylang, geranium, basil, rose, vanilla, amber, patchouli, oakmoss, vetiver, peach)

Popular Fragrances