Zoya Zoya lip balm

No Image

on 10/23/2009 10:43:00 PM

I don't understand why these glosses don't get more press. They are fabulous! I bought 3. Heatwave, Brody's Girl and another one that was gold and frosty and went in the trash right away. Heatwave and Brody's Girl are very similar colors with Heatwave being slightly more pink and Brody's Girl slightly more coral. Neither has shimmer. These glossses offer the perfect balance between opacity and sheerness. Both of these colors work perfectly for my light warm complexion and perfect for Summer even with nothing else on my face. They are just the perfect little pop of color. (Can I say perfect one more time?) They smell just slightly sweet and taste slightly sweet too. No sticky mess with these at all yet they stay on and on and on.

My only complain to make is really about the Zoya website in that they don't provide descriptions of the colors. I don't like shimmer and can't tell which have shimmer and which don't.

on 9/21/2007 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My HG lip balm. It smells yummy, it tastes yummy, and my lips feel so smooth. And it doesn't give me sore throat (The Body Shop ones do when I accidentally lick my lips and swallowed a teeny bit of it). It's thick, and it lasts a long, long time. I will definitely repurchase again and again, and I will never ever turn to other brands.

on 1/23/2006 2:06:00 AM

I love this product so much that I may never need to buy another type of gloss (well, who are we kidding). But really, it meets all my criteria for a good gloss: great, subtle colors that can build up to be more intense, long lasting power, great shine, reasonable price and a lot of product. Oh, they smell nice too, a bit fruity. I'd definitely recommend these to anyone looking for a top quality gloss at a reasonable price (about $6)

on 5/29/2006 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Oh what a lovely lovely gloss! My first impression of this gloss was that it was THICK. It took a bit of effort to squeeze out of the tube. The Maraschino shade looked really dark and quite pigmented in the tube. But on my lips, it was a wonderful shade of soft cherry-plummy red. It imparted a soft shine (not supershiny like MAC lipglass) and it felt really really moisturizing. I usually can't wear gloss without some form of lipbalm underneath, but the Zoya Hot Lips felt nourishing. It was somewhat sticky (not quite as bad Lipglass though), but this translates to greater lasting power. Plus, it smelled like fruity cherry candy, which was a major bonus for me (doesn't taste like anything though).

I paid $10 CAD for this; a tiny bit pricey, but you do get a lot of product for the price. It really does stay on... even after a cup of coffee. The sheen wears off, but the moisture and a bit of colour will stick around. The colour is very buildable -- if you put this straight on your bare lips with a lip brush, you can get a rich, dramatic colour (for a gloss, anyway). However, if you're like me, and just smoosh it on with a finger, it looks much more muted and subdued. Of course, for the truly timid, just slick on some lip balm before you apply this gloss. That gives you a sheer wash of colour that's perfect for a fresh casual look.

So, in conclusion:

Colour? check!

Texture? check!

Moisturizing? check!

Yummy Smell? check!

Lasting power? check!

I think I may have found the perfect red lip gloss! The one drawback is that you must apply it with your finger or a brush, which is somewhat inconvenient. I do like that the screw-top lid is neat and prevent leaks though. A fantastic gloss! Would definitely repurchase! continued >>

on 2/23/2007 9:56:00 AM

I bought two of these balms on a whim while at Beauty Brands last night. I have to say, I really like them. They remind my of Prada balms or some other high end brand. They aren't, as one other reviewer said, glossy like MAC lipglass but they are natural-looking, have nice texture (not too sticky), and have lots of pigment to them. I espcially like "Gypsy"- lovely sparkly orange color that goes on sheer- perfect for spring.