Chanel Pro Lumiere Professional Finish Make-Up ] [DISCONTINUED]

Chanel Pro Lumiere Professional Finish Make-Up ] [DISCONTINUED]

3.5

oxybenzone (benzophenone 3, sodium chloride, talc, lanolin, citric acid,

on 8/25/2013 1:04:00 PM

This was the most amazing foundation in the world I used it everyday and it always left my skin looking flawless and beautiful. Unfortunately Chanel discontinued this outrageously perfect foundation and replaced it with Chanel's perfection lumiere which is a good foundation I do use it but it doesn't compare to the pro:( BUT being as obsessed with with pro lumiere as I was I HAD to find a dupe and I did.. Almost an exact dupe and it's bourjois healthy mix SERUM foundation, I now use this every day , it has the same glowing , dewy beautiful finish the only difference I'd say is it may have a little bit less coverage , if you loved pro like me just try out bourjois healthy mix serum , I can almost assure you that you'll love it :)

on 10/15/2012 8:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

you can still find this foundation on Neiman Marcus website :)

on 2/25/2012 4:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I'm so curious about products, I feel the need to try every product out regardless of the reviews so I'm glad I gave this one a go. I'm about an NC35 and used the shade 40 which was a good match if applied quite sparingly. Because I'm asian I have more yellow undertones whereas Chanel foundations tend to have more pinky beigey undertones, so that's one con. I save this for winter because it's heavier and suits me better in my paler days. When I use my fingers it dries to a matte finish and when I use my sigma flat or round kabuki it has a dewy finish. It gives a medium coverage and in all honesty I'm not sure whether I like it, I've been using it regularly so there must be something good in it. In the winter it lasts, summer it slides off. I don't mind the scent, I actually quite like it. It does feel quite heavy and looks more greasy than dewy and personally I don't feel like it's worth the money but I'm glad I gave it a go.

on 2/6/2012 5:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm so sorry it's discontinued, but I'm even more sorry that I've only tried this now.

It's a beautiful foundation. Gives a semi-matte, luminous finish that looks polished. It has great coverage. I'm really surprised when I tried this as I have combination skin, vut I guess I'm in the normal-to-dry category now because this worked so well on me. It blends easily and there is no tacky or greasy feel. I thought it would be overly dewy, but it's not. It gives a very nice glow. Plus a little goes a long way.best of all, no breakouts for me and it stays put ALL day. Has a slight scent as with other Chanel foundations, but it's no issue for me. I'd say this foundation is not for people with very oily or very dry skins. I'm glad it worked for me and I'll definitely buy the remaining stocks.

on 12/31/2011 12:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is my Holy Grail foundation. How can a foundation be better? It is now discontinued which is a travesty !
It's a wonderful foundation that has great coverage without looking cakey or over made up.
The finish is dewy and luminious without looking shiney/greasy.
This prodcuct is best for normal to dry skin.
What are Chanel thinking of when they decided to discontinue this glorious product?
I know they are bringing out a new product to replace the Pro Lumiere and Matt Lumiere but I've tried this new "Perfection Lumiere" and it's not a patch on Pro Lumiere. Not even close !
I find it cakey and too matt and drying and it lacks the polished finish you get from Pro Lumiere.
I won't be buying the new product and will try to get as many back-ups of Pro Lumiere as I can.
Hope they reintroduce Pro Lumiere sometime.

on 11/29/2011 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

this foundation does what most cant...
provide dewiness and full cover at the same time... I feel so so so so polished when I apply this.... I think it is a huge mistake that they have discontinued this product... what a stupid thing to do!!
I bet it will return

on 9/26/2011 8:16:00 PM

I tried a sample in 20 Clair which is a good colour for my NC20-25 skin tone. I like how it is neither too yellow or too pink for me as I have neutral skin tone with slight redness on my cheeks.

The product has medium to full coverage, and I love the fact that you don't need layers and layers of this foundation to hide flaws. One layer is enough and it doesn't look thick.

The down side of this product is that it feels oily and, therefore, is more suited to the cooler months when skin is dryer. Also, I read a review on this site saying that there are a lot of ingredients in this foundation which are known to block pores and cause acne. This is a bit of a concern for me as I have acne-prone skin.

However, the colour is very good and I did not have a reaction to the sample I tried, so I think I will purchase a bottle next winter and see how it goes.

I was so wanting to love this product but unfortunately on me it is horrible. The colour and texture is nice, I love the smooth professional finish it gives but for some reason on me it is horrible. It is so shiny on me it looks like an oil slick, not a beautiful glow - grease. I have normal skin with a combination TZone so I am not sure why this is happening to me. I have persisted with this foundation, putting less product on, putting more powder over the top, using different powders over the top, using different moisturisers/ primers underneath but nothing works for me. However, one of my friends has had great success with this. She has dry skin and it looks beautiful on her. If you have well hydrated skin or a tendency to be a little oily I don't think this will work for you.

This was my first high end foundation. I got the colour B20 which is a pretty good match for me, it goes on quite dark and yellowy but as it settles into the skin it definitely blends to more my colour :) and the yellowness cancels out my pinkish ruddy complexion! People say this is the lightest shade, it isn't there's a B10. The formula is quite thick and therefore hard to work into the skin, but I find using fingers and a small amount does the trick :) it doesn't accentuate any dry patches, and the coverage alone is pretty decent so you only need a touch of concealer here and there! The finish is dewy which I like, but could be easily matted out with a translucent powder (I wouldn't use a coverage powder like MAC MSF because I think this would cake you out!) The bottle is classy and makes you feel very sophisticated, and unlike the Mat Lumiere the pump doesn't clog! Hard to see when you're running out though, and the bottle it quite big and breakable! Overall, this is a great foundation for nights outs due to it's fuller coverage and lovely look to the skin. Doesn't white cast me in photos either! and hasn't broke me out (fingers crossed!) :D

SCRATCH THAT. used yesterday and the day before, and i am COVERED in sore red bumps. really not happy, i think the scent in this foundation is driving my skin mad! arg

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This foundation was expensive, so if it hadn't have worked for me I'd have been distraught! Luckily, its a really good product and worth the money. £30 for 9 months use is a very good deal for me!!

PROS: Brilliant coverage, covers redness and spots really well
Leaves a nice satiny finish to the face but is easily mattified with powder.
Gives you a nice healthy glow, but NOT orange! even on my pale skin.
The bottle lasts for aaaaages, seriously.
Seems to adjust its shade when applied so that it is almost the same colour as your skin.
Doesn't feel like a 'mask' on your face.
DOES NOT BREAK ME OUT!!! Can't say that for many foundations!!

// Smells a bit when you put it on, this may be a disadvantage for others, for me it was fine as it faded quickly.

CONS:
Shade is slightly yellower than I would like for my extremely pale skin.
After a few hours I feel like it has kind of 'soaked in' to my skin and needs taking off and reapplying.
Can get very shiny after a few hours on my oily skin - not good for photos!!