4.4

price range

Reviews

3.0

4 years ago

I'm normally fair-toned when it comes to pressed powders, so I ordered Porcelain, which unfortunately is far too pale for me. Coverage is very good though - I feel I would have really liked this powder had I found the right colour for me. Unfortunately, it's too expensive to keep experimenting until I find the right shade, so will be giving this one a miss.

About reviewer (88 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Curly, Fine

3.0

5 years ago

I ordered the Besame "Signature Compact" in the shade Porcelain. The shade is a good match for my very fair skin. The compact is beautiful! You really feel like you've gone back in time. I can totally picture Betty Draper whipping this out of her handbag. It is small, but it's a vintage design, based on the size compacts used to be. I think its absolutely adorable. Sadly, I didn't enjoy the pressed powder itself as much as the compact. I bought it to use as a touch-up powder. I wear MUFE HD Foundation, and if I add the Besame powder (either with the included puff or a brush) it just looks very patchy and cakey and unatural. I tend to have dry skin with slightly oily t-zone, so I'm not sure if its just my skin, but its not working for me :-( I wouldn't repurchase Besame because for shipping to Canada, the brokerage and customs fees weren't included. Besame ships using UPS and they charged me an additional $55 CAD! which means I'm not likely to place another order.

About reviewer (130 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

9 years ago

Mixed feelings. I love all things vintage, and this compact is a replica of what a lot of high quality compacts looked like in the 1940s. With that said, the formula is much like products from that era as well. Granted, this is paraben free, and shouldn't break you out, but it is also very heavy, has limited color choice and is tricky to apply since the compact is so small. I couldn't imagine using this for touch ups; even trying to apply it as a powder foundation left my skin looking unnatural and even patchy...and I have oily skin! However, I found a use for this; since it's only 5g of product, it makes an excellent concealer! Using a concealer brush, sweep it into the product and pat it over blemishes. Works great! All in all, a beautiful compact that I will always have, but the actual product is just so so...it's unique, and I don't regret buying it, I just wish it performed better.

About reviewer (29 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Coarse

9 years ago

This is a fantastic touch up powder, with very elegant packaging and a size that's perfect for my small bag. Though the amount you receive is very modest, a little big goes a long way and a few swipes of the little applicator last for hours. I have Light, which is a good match for my skin. Recommended.

About reviewer (1198 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOily

HairBrunette

EyesBlue

from

10 years ago

I love this powder. It's finely milled, doesn't settle in pores, and gives skin a finished look without appearing made up. I own Light but what I really need is Porcelain. Light is a hint too yellow for my fair, cool-neutral skin (NW15). . As for the tiny compact (not much bigger than a silver dollar), tiny is the point. These are replicas, and I love that the blush and powder and Enchanting lipstick line all come in diminutive packaging. The enclosed puff is relatively useless (at least until you've made a divot in the powder so it can nestle inside the compact), so use a brush. I'll be heartbroken if the classic line is phased out; it's one of the key differentiators for Besame Cosmetics.

About reviewer (170 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

2.0

10 years ago

I ordered this and some other Besame products because of the vintage look. I was going to display them on an antique art deco vanity I have with some other vintage things. That said, I was very disappointed when I actually received the products because they don't look as vintage as they did in the website's photos. The blush is almost impossible to open, I can already tell the lipstick is going to easily break off just trying to apply it, and you can't put the miniscule sized powder puff in the powder compact! That leaves you with having to keep the velveteen bag it comes in, leaving the puff loose inside, which means you'll be getting face powder all over the outside of the compact. Frankly, I'd NEVER repurchase any of the Besame products because they're just too expensive for such a small quantity and the products themselves are only so-so - not worth it.

About reviewer (22 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

EyesBlue

10 years ago

Small size and very easy to crumble. I'm forever taking some heavy object and pressing it again when I take it out on the town and bang it about.. However, it is a lovely powder--very sheer yet good for touch-ups when applied lightly-- I have the medium for redness around my nose although I am generally fair and press on with my finger or puff.. Does not emphasize pores when applied this way. I also have the light in the vanity case. I am finding that the lighter color, now that my skin is winter pale and super clear/smooth from Retin-A and glycolic treatments, is superb when applied with a kabuki brush on moisturized skin. Isn't it just so good when you can come back to a product in your stash? When the Classic Line came back, I was really looking forward to finding refills for the beautiful case. Hooray! They're back. This powder is a must-try for those who shy away from powder foundations.

About reviewer (71 reviews)

SkinOther, Other, Not Sure

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

from

11 years ago

Okay....see the tiny photo of this compact in the upper right hand corner of this page....that's about how big this compact really is. So if you were cursed with big mitts, you'll find it pretty darned teeny for the price. It's an excellent powder but fer gawds sake the thing is as big as a Canadian loonie!!!!!

About reviewer (173 reviews)

SkinNormal

HairBlond

11 years ago

Wow, this is one fantastic powder! It is so finely milled that it does not look the slightest bit powdery or heavy or cakey. In fact, you can't detect it at all on your skin, except that the parts that were powdered just look *perfect*. Definitely HG for me!

About reviewer (218 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

EyesBrown

12 years ago

I absolutely love this compact, I miss the glamour and class from the 1920-1940's. I must have been born into the wrong era. I carry this with me daily for touch ups and it gives me the perfect finish. I hope with all the new products Besame is currently working on that their new foundation compact will exceed all my expectations.

About reviewer (27 reviews)

Age36-43