Stila just my luck palette in lucky plum

4.6

on 9/1/2006 3:42:00 PM

eyeshadow: shimmery bone

eyeshadow: shimmery taupe

eyeshadow: olive with bronze shimmer

blush: pink with light shimmer

lipstick: golden berry with light shimmer

Product - Great palette for classic look with my AAB/NC25 coloring. Tha e/s are definitely on the shimmery side - it might have been nice for one of them to be a matte or satiny shade. The pink blush has slight shimmer and does not seem as pigmented as other Stila blushes I have tried. I love the l/s! IIRC some other reviewers thought the color was way too dark - and in the pan it seems dark - but on my lips the color is a beautiful warm browned-red with slight golden shimmer, and suits my coloring very well (and the shade does not seem dark on me). Overall the palette colors work well with each other. The e/s and blush are understated and classic, and pair nicely with the rich lipcolor. Not sure how they came up with the palette name, though, this does not seem plummy at all :)

Packaging - Compact has a full length mirror and lip brush included, tho I have to wonder why they didnt put an e/s brush on the other end of the handle... Watch out for the crystals on the lid, they can scratch other items in your bag.

Overall - Great colors in this palette, definitely would repurchase! continued >>

on 6/10/2006 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I would buy each of these products again! As said, colors aren't plum but they work for me who could never wear anything plum! The shadows stay in place the longest but the blush and lippie tend to fade too quickly. I'm pale with red hair and brown eyes and this just works so well for me. Not to mention the package is gorgeous! I also have the peach and they work too. Finally a paired up palette that I won't be swapping away! (Sorry girls!) Definately get one for yourself b/c you won't be swapping it either!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I was lucky enough (er, no pun intended!) to get this in a swap and I LOVE it! It's defintely not plum, as already mentioned so I won't go into the shades except to say it's a lovely set of neutrals and the case is absolutely adorable. Same as the Press Shy palette I have, the e/s and blush are so soft and blendable, I'm impressed. I've never been a huge fan of Stila until now so this is great and I'm seriously considering getting Lucky Peach too. This is definitely a must-buy if you love Stila or just want a good quality, portable, cute palette with very wearable shades. I just don't want the case to get scratched or crystals to fall off, so I'll keep it in the box when I carry it around.

on 4/3/2006 5:23:00 PM

Wearable colours, good value for the 3 eyeshadows + 1 blush + 1 lipcolour you get as opposed to buying them seperately (heck, at $41 CDN it equals out to the price of less than 2 regular Stila shadows), the convenience of the mirror which covers the entire inside of the lid, and most of all--the super-cute metallic casing with the glam Swarovski crystals on the lid. Only thing is that the eyeshadows are not as deeply pigmented as they show to be on the Stila website, whereas the lip colour and blush are much darker and brighter (respectively) in the pan. The crease shade which appears as a mauve on the website looks more like a taupe, and the liner golden brown shade appears with more of an olivey hue and isn't actually dark enough to use as a liner imho. The pink case is adorable to pull out of your purse, but the downside is that it only stays cute as long as you don't put anything else in your purse because the colour is only sprayed onto the surface and scratches easily. All in all, I was happy with the product, and I will soon purchase the Lucky Peach palette!

This is a great palette, though based on the colors (as previous reviewers have described), I don't know why it's called "plum," as there are no plum colors. It's a great set of cool-toned neutrals that are work appropriate, but could also be dressed up. The e/s quality is good - not too hard or too soft/crumbly, and they apply well and last all day. The blush is one of the few Stila blushes with shimmer, and is also softer than most Stila powder blushes, so the color pay-off is quite good. I haven't used the lipstick with the eyes and cheeks because I think it's a bit too bright to go with the other colors, but it is a pretty color. (Does anyone have a rec for the lip color?)

Overall, I would purchase again if it weren't LE. For reference, I am NC25/LLL with dark hair and eyes. continued >>

on 2/12/2006 4:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I hate how Stila does not label the shades in the palettes. As a collector, i have to have it if i dont already own the colors. So far the shades have been labeled as ecru, grace and golightly. I thought this palette would be more pink or plum and you get a surprising mismatch of colors. The lightest shade ecru, is a shimmery off white color. In the middle is grace, a shimmery taupe with a hint of plum to it and finally there is golightly, a shimmery olive with golden undertones. I felt like th golightly belonged in a warmer palette. Th blush is a true pink shimmer. A little soft for my nc30 light olive complexion and the lipcolor is a browned berry. I didnt think that looked like it belonged either. However, all together it looked very nice on. The shadows are nicley pigmented, super soft and easy to blend. Retails for $30 and comes in a cute pink case with crystals on it. Overall, worth the money in my opinion.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is the LE release for the Lindsay Lohan movie, Just My Luck, but don't let that stop you from buying it! : )

In this palette are 3 gorgeous shimmery eyeshadows, a lovely shimmery pink blush and a great pink/red with gold shimmer lip color. Collectively, this is the greatest palette I own. You know how you buy a palette with the intent of being able to "travel light" but always end up needing to bring 2-3 other things anyway. Well, not with this one. The colors are so well coordinated that you can easily pull together a "done" and polished face in about 4 minutes flat.

The eyeshadow colors are ecru, grace and golightly. Eyes look gorgeous with ecru as a highlighter, grace all over and golightly as a liner or in the crease. Gives you a beautiful, neutral, polished and shimmery eye. The blush is really the high point for me, as it creates the most innocent, and natural looking flush with just enough color. In my opinion, all of the items in this palette, while geared toward a "cool" tone, are very, very neutral. A MUA once explained to me that if colors are neutral enough, someone cool wearing warm tones, and vice versa will really "pop" and look healthy. Well, she was right, and this is the case with me and this palette. I'm quite warm, NC20, with fairly strong yellow undertones and these cool neutral shades really make me glow!

I'd certainly buy this again if it wasn't LE, but knowing what the e/s colors are is a big plus. I'd like to find out what color the blush is and if it is LE as well because it's great.

Also, this was $30 for 3 e/s a blush and a lipglaze! Great deal in an adorable metal case.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

i LOVE this adorable palette, but i HATE how stila refuses to identify the colors in it. i never know whether they're existing shades or new ones developed exclusively for the palette. either way, there should at least be a name besides base, crease, and liner.

the three eyeshadows, blush, and lip color come housed in a mirrored pink metal compact embellished with authentic swarovski crystals. people normally associate stila with feminine colors, but this is the most sophisticated combination they've put together. the first, or ecru, is a shimmery bone shade. the crease color (grace) is a stunning taupe. it's my favorite out of the three. to finish it off, a golden olive or bronze that reminds me of golightly. the blush is a satiny ballet slipper pink. i've been looking for a pink blush too. my blush collection is dominated by peaches and reds, and this was exactly what i had in mind. the lip color is a creamy golden berry that you can apply using the lucite handle lip brush that's included. comparable to natalie lipstick, the color is very buildable from ylbb wash to a deep berry stain.

i'm not sure why this is the "plum" palette. there's nothing plum about it. i guess the lip color is supposed to be the plum portion, but it's more red than purple. also, it's not cool toned either. it's actually neutral and i can see this looking great on anyone. for reference, i'm nc40/ga lsf 7/lm almond/bb honey. overall, i am impressed with the colors and the quality of the products. the velvety texture of the es's are amazing, but stila's strength lies in their eyeshadows to begin with. this palette is definitely worth the $30 if you don't already own the colors. it's cute and fun, but practical and easy to work with. i am very happy with it! continued >>