Stila just my luck palette in lucky plum

4.8

on 9/1/2006 3:42:00 PM

eyeshadow: shimmery bone

eyeshadow: shimmery taupe

eyeshadow: olive with bronze shimmer

blush: pink with light shimmer

lipstick: golden berry with light shimmer

Product - Great palette for classic look with my AAB/NC25 coloring. Tha e/s are definitely on the shimmery side - it might have been nice for one of them to be a matte or satiny shade. The pink blush has slight shimmer and does not seem as pigmented as other Stila blushes I have tried. I love the l/s! IIRC some other reviewers thought the color was way too dark - and in the pan it seems dark - but on my lips the color is a beautiful warm browned-red with slight golden shimmer, and suits my coloring very well (and the shade does not seem dark on me). Overall the palette colors work well with each other. The e/s and blush are understated and classic, and pair nicely with the rich lipcolor. Not sure how they came up with the palette name, though, this does not seem plummy at all :)

Packaging - Compact has a full length mirror and lip brush included, tho I have to wonder why they didnt put an e/s brush on the other end of the handle... Watch out for the crystals on the lid, they can scratch other items in your bag.

Overall - Great colors in this palette, definitely would repurchase! continued >>

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I was lucky enough (er, no pun intended!) to get this in a swap and I LOVE it! It's defintely not plum, as already mentioned so I won't go into the shades except to say it's a lovely set of neutrals and the case is absolutely adorable. Same as the Press Shy palette I have, the e/s and blush are so soft and blendable, I'm impressed. I've never been a huge fan of Stila until now so this is great and I'm seriously considering getting Lucky Peach too. This is definitely a must-buy if you love Stila or just want a good quality, portable, cute palette with very wearable shades. I just don't want the case to get scratched or crystals to fall off, so I'll keep it in the box when I carry it around.

This is a great palette, though based on the colors (as previous reviewers have described), I don't know why it's called "plum," as there are no plum colors. It's a great set of cool-toned neutrals that are work appropriate, but could also be dressed up. The e/s quality is good - not too hard or too soft/crumbly, and they apply well and last all day. The blush is one of the few Stila blushes with shimmer, and is also softer than most Stila powder blushes, so the color pay-off is quite good. I haven't used the lipstick with the eyes and cheeks because I think it's a bit too bright to go with the other colors, but it is a pretty color. (Does anyone have a rec for the lip color?)

Overall, I would purchase again if it weren't LE. For reference, I am NC25/LLL with dark hair and eyes. continued >>

on 1/29/2006 8:53:00 PM

I LOVE this palette!!! I just got this yesterday and it is already a favorite!! I won't describe the colors again because they have been well described below, but let me just say this is a great look!!! IMO this is one of stila's best palettes. The case is so cute and sturdy too- pink with crystals on the cover. For reference I am PPP dark blonde hair, blue eyes, stila 20 watts.