Stila just my luck palette in lucky plum

4.8

on 9/1/2006 3:42:00 PM

eyeshadow: shimmery bone

eyeshadow: shimmery taupe

eyeshadow: olive with bronze shimmer

blush: pink with light shimmer

lipstick: golden berry with light shimmer

Product - Great palette for classic look with my AAB/NC25 coloring. Tha e/s are definitely on the shimmery side - it might have been nice for one of them to be a matte or satiny shade. The pink blush has slight shimmer and does not seem as pigmented as other Stila blushes I have tried. I love the l/s! IIRC some other reviewers thought the color was way too dark - and in the pan it seems dark - but on my lips the color is a beautiful warm browned-red with slight golden shimmer, and suits my coloring very well (and the shade does not seem dark on me). Overall the palette colors work well with each other. The e/s and blush are understated and classic, and pair nicely with the rich lipcolor. Not sure how they came up with the palette name, though, this does not seem plummy at all :)

Packaging - Compact has a full length mirror and lip brush included, tho I have to wonder why they didnt put an e/s brush on the other end of the handle... Watch out for the crystals on the lid, they can scratch other items in your bag.

Overall - Great colors in this palette, definitely would repurchase! continued >>

Oohhh, a Stila palette I can love as much.. maybe more!.. than Fierce Taupe.

I loved Fierce Taupe when it came out but recently I started to think that the colours were a mite too peachy. I'm a very cool-toned dark brunette with hazel eyes and fair skin. Ebay came to my rescue with a Lucky Plum palette for 28 - which also included a lip colour. I love it. I agree that the darkest shade is an olivey bronze that doesn't quite work as a liner, but that's a small complaint. I use the pale colour on the browbone, the pinky-taupe on the inner corner of my eye, and the deep bronze as a crease colour. The colours are so subtle that it works perfectly, although they're nice and soft so I'm sure you could build the intensity. You can also wear all the colours as a soft wash alone. The blush is very bright and summery, and the lipcolour is a sexy golden-red which works surprisingly well with the pinks in the rest of the palette.

FANTASTIC. My favourite stila palette yet!

on 3/23/2006 10:19:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This palette is fabulous. The shades go so well with my coloring (very PPP, green hazel/eyes, dark hair, cool-toned), and the packaging is feminine and sturdy. The eyeshadows really bring out green eyes, the (cool-toned, shimmery pink) blush is nicely pigmented for a glowy look, and the plummy/berry lip color can be dabbed on for a subtle stain or applied more liberally for a vibrant look. I like that it's not too clunky and can easily fit into a purse. It's great for those overnight trips where you want to look good the next morning but don't want to seem like a high-maintenance princess.

I think this is the best palette that Stila has ever made. I'm seriously considering buying a back-up, which is something I never do!

This is a great palette, though based on the colors (as previous reviewers have described), I don't know why it's called "plum," as there are no plum colors. It's a great set of cool-toned neutrals that are work appropriate, but could also be dressed up. The e/s quality is good - not too hard or too soft/crumbly, and they apply well and last all day. The blush is one of the few Stila blushes with shimmer, and is also softer than most Stila powder blushes, so the color pay-off is quite good. I haven't used the lipstick with the eyes and cheeks because I think it's a bit too bright to go with the other colors, but it is a pretty color. (Does anyone have a rec for the lip color?)

Overall, I would purchase again if it weren't LE. For reference, I am NC25/LLL with dark hair and eyes. continued >>

on 1/29/2006 8:53:00 PM

I LOVE this palette!!! I just got this yesterday and it is already a favorite!! I won't describe the colors again because they have been well described below, but let me just say this is a great look!!! IMO this is one of stila's best palettes. The case is so cute and sturdy too- pink with crystals on the cover. For reference I am PPP dark blonde hair, blue eyes, stila 20 watts.