Stila just my luck palette in lucky plum

Stila just my luck palette in lucky plum
Stila Just My Luck - Lucky Plum palette

4.7

This palette looks fantastic with my coloring--auburn hair, blue eyes, and extremely pale, cool-toned skin. I've tried to replicate the eyeshadows with existing Stila shades--the middle shade is an almost perfect match to Chic Grace, but a little more purple. The bronzey-olive shade looks definitely like Golightly to me. The lightest shade isn't quite Ecru--it's a little lighter and more shimmery. I don't think it can be duped with existing Stila e/s. A shame, because it's the perfect base shade for me, and I'll cry when it runs out! The blush is just ok; it's like BB Pale Pink with chunks of glitter in it, and it doesn't last very long on me.

on 9/1/2006 3:42:00 PM

eyeshadow: shimmery bone

eyeshadow: shimmery taupe

eyeshadow: olive with bronze shimmer

blush: pink with light shimmer

lipstick: golden berry with light shimmer

Product - Great palette for classic look with my AAB/NC25 coloring. Tha e/s are definitely on the shimmery side - it might have been nice for one of them to be a matte or satiny shade. The pink blush has slight shimmer and does not seem as pigmented as other Stila blushes I have tried. I love the l/s! IIRC some other reviewers thought the color was way too dark - and in the pan it seems dark - but on my lips the color is a beautiful warm browned-red with slight golden shimmer, and suits my coloring very well (and the shade does not seem dark on me). Overall the palette colors work well with each other. The e/s and blush are understated and classic, and pair nicely with the rich lipcolor. Not sure how they came up with the palette name, though, this does not seem plummy at all :)

Packaging - Compact has a full length mirror and lip brush included, tho I have to wonder why they didnt put an e/s brush on the other end of the handle... Watch out for the crystals on the lid, they can scratch other items in your bag.

Overall - Great colors in this palette, definitely would repurchase! continued >>

Oohhh, a Stila palette I can love as much.. maybe more!.. than Fierce Taupe.

I loved Fierce Taupe when it came out but recently I started to think that the colours were a mite too peachy. I'm a very cool-toned dark brunette with hazel eyes and fair skin. Ebay came to my rescue with a Lucky Plum palette for 28 - which also included a lip colour. I love it. I agree that the darkest shade is an olivey bronze that doesn't quite work as a liner, but that's a small complaint. I use the pale colour on the browbone, the pinky-taupe on the inner corner of my eye, and the deep bronze as a crease colour. The colours are so subtle that it works perfectly, although they're nice and soft so I'm sure you could build the intensity. You can also wear all the colours as a soft wash alone. The blush is very bright and summery, and the lipcolour is a sexy golden-red which works surprisingly well with the pinks in the rest of the palette.

FANTASTIC. My favourite stila palette yet!

on 6/10/2006 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I would buy each of these products again! As said, colors aren't plum but they work for me who could never wear anything plum! The shadows stay in place the longest but the blush and lippie tend to fade too quickly. I'm pale with red hair and brown eyes and this just works so well for me. Not to mention the package is gorgeous! I also have the peach and they work too. Finally a paired up palette that I won't be swapping away! (Sorry girls!) Definately get one for yourself b/c you won't be swapping it either!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I was lucky enough (er, no pun intended!) to get this in a swap and I LOVE it! It's defintely not plum, as already mentioned so I won't go into the shades except to say it's a lovely set of neutrals and the case is absolutely adorable. Same as the Press Shy palette I have, the e/s and blush are so soft and blendable, I'm impressed. I've never been a huge fan of Stila until now so this is great and I'm seriously considering getting Lucky Peach too. This is definitely a must-buy if you love Stila or just want a good quality, portable, cute palette with very wearable shades. I just don't want the case to get scratched or crystals to fall off, so I'll keep it in the box when I carry it around.

on 4/23/2006 12:59:00 PM

Not sure why this is called Lucky Plum because there's not much plum about it, but it's a beautiful collection of colors. The lightest e/s IMO is Cloud (def. not Ecru, anyway), the middle e/s Grace and then the deepest e/s Golightly. I would have never thought to pair Grace and Golightly together, but it's a good match, actually. Every shade in this palette works well for me, the compact is sturdy and perfect for travel, and the included lip brush is even decent. I rate this right up at the top of my list of favorite palettes for all these reasons, and I have LOTS of palettes.

on 3/23/2006 10:19:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

This palette is fabulous. The shades go so well with my coloring (very PPP, green hazel/eyes, dark hair, cool-toned), and the packaging is feminine and sturdy. The eyeshadows really bring out green eyes, the (cool-toned, shimmery pink) blush is nicely pigmented for a glowy look, and the plummy/berry lip color can be dabbed on for a subtle stain or applied more liberally for a vibrant look. I like that it's not too clunky and can easily fit into a purse. It's great for those overnight trips where you want to look good the next morning but don't want to seem like a high-maintenance princess.

I think this is the best palette that Stila has ever made. I'm seriously considering buying a back-up, which is something I never do!

on 2/16/2006 7:59:00 PM

I adore this palette - especially since it's the only palette I have used and loved everything included. The colors have already been described below but I will say that the overall look is very clean and pretty. I even like the lip color which I didn't think would look good on me. The colors are neutral - not too cool. I am a cool PPP with dark brown hair. I may have to buy a back-up of this.

on 1/29/2006 8:53:00 PM

I LOVE this palette!!! I just got this yesterday and it is already a favorite!! I won't describe the colors again because they have been well described below, but let me just say this is a great look!!! IMO this is one of stila's best palettes. The case is so cute and sturdy too- pink with crystals on the cover. For reference I am PPP dark blonde hair, blue eyes, stila 20 watts.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is the LE release for the Lindsay Lohan movie, Just My Luck, but don't let that stop you from buying it! : )

In this palette are 3 gorgeous shimmery eyeshadows, a lovely shimmery pink blush and a great pink/red with gold shimmer lip color. Collectively, this is the greatest palette I own. You know how you buy a palette with the intent of being able to "travel light" but always end up needing to bring 2-3 other things anyway. Well, not with this one. The colors are so well coordinated that you can easily pull together a "done" and polished face in about 4 minutes flat.

The eyeshadow colors are ecru, grace and golightly. Eyes look gorgeous with ecru as a highlighter, grace all over and golightly as a liner or in the crease. Gives you a beautiful, neutral, polished and shimmery eye. The blush is really the high point for me, as it creates the most innocent, and natural looking flush with just enough color. In my opinion, all of the items in this palette, while geared toward a "cool" tone, are very, very neutral. A MUA once explained to me that if colors are neutral enough, someone cool wearing warm tones, and vice versa will really "pop" and look healthy. Well, she was right, and this is the case with me and this palette. I'm quite warm, NC20, with fairly strong yellow undertones and these cool neutral shades really make me glow!

I'd certainly buy this again if it wasn't LE, but knowing what the e/s colors are is a big plus. I'd like to find out what color the blush is and if it is LE as well because it's great.

Also, this was $30 for 3 e/s a blush and a lipglaze! Great deal in an adorable metal case.