Nuxe Reve de Miel Face Gentle Cleansing Gel

3.9

Aqua, Propylene Glycol, Tea-Lauryl Sulfate, Triethanolamine, Mel (Honey) Extract, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Tilia Platyphyllos Extract, Juglans Regia (Walnut) Leaf Extract, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Prunus Persica (Peach) Fruit Extract, Carbomer, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Parfum (Fragrance), Glyceryl Laurate, Sodium Propylparaben, Sodium Methylparaben, Pottasium Sorbate, Sodium Dehydrocetate, Sodium Chloryde, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Coumarin.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a strange product. It smells awful (I'm really not a fan of Nuxe products, so don't find any of the heavily scented products appealing) and it really strips my skin without removing makeup. It doesn't foam up and when it rinses off, it's incredibly drying. Got this as a sample in my Birchbox and won't be purchasing the full size bottle.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I am not faithful to a single cleanser, so I decided to try this one out after seeing it in an Ipsy monthly bag edition. I gave this a solid 2-month trial, twice a day, I reached half of it and I decided to stop using it........

MINUSES
- the scent is extremely strong and lingers on my face for a couple of hours; it is not bad, but I don't like how strong it is...
- if you are sensitive to scent, I would not recommend trying this. I have used heavily fragranced cleansers before and some of my skincare products have strong scent as well, and I have not had any issues...BUT THIS cleanser, surprisingly, made my skin so red every time I used it. I was not using anything different in my skincare and makeup routine, that is why I am sure this cleanser was the one to blame for the redness
- it always left my skin feeling tight, dry and stripped, which I did not expect considering the mild ingredients
- it claims to be a makeup remover, but I just could not imagine using that powerfully fragranced product on my eyes...and it did not perform that well for my face makeup

The only things I like about this cleanser is that it comes in a pump and that it does not foam. I wanted to like it, I tried it, but my face cannot handle the damage anymore. So, if you have dry and sensitive skin and scent irritates it, try another product.

This product is the worst facial cleanser I've ever used. Aside from the horrible, disgusting, heavy scent, it does not remove make up. Not even after 3 times of washing my face w this product. The heavy scent sticks to your skin and it's just awful. This of something your 95 year old grandmas perfume lathered onto your face. I threw this out immediately.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I was really excited when I got this product. Made with ~90% natural ingredients, trusted french pharmacy brand and nicely smelling, I had my hopes pretty high. Even tho it cleansed my face pretty well, I found it burned my eyes. Also, it foams up. Therefore, end of a story for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I expected this cleanser to be a luxurious, pleasant experience. It was anything but! The smell is horrendous, strong and heavily perfumed. You very rarely hear me complain about the scent of products being too strong, I love scented products, but this I couldn't stand. I've never come across a cleanser that claims to be natural with such a strong, chemical smell. I wanted to use it for makeup removing as well (which it claims to do), but it stung my eyes quite badly, so that's a no-go as well. I expected it to lather well at least, but it doesn't. If I use it with my hands, I can't work up any lather at all. If I pour it directly onto my Luna mini I can get some lather, but not enough to be suitable to use with it. It was months and months ago that I had acne across my forehead, but after using this for a while I was breaking out there again. If it was otherwise a nice cleanser I might have pushed through and seen if it was just during the transition, but I'm definitely done with this product at the first signs of my skin worsening. Awful product! If you're fragrance sensitive, stay far, far away from this. If you're not - chances are you'll still be shocked and appalled by the scent. On top of everything, when reading up on NUXE I found them to not be as "all natural" and nature friendly as they want you to think. First and last time buying this brand, and I will not finish this product.

Edit 25th of february 2016: It is now a few weeks since I stopped using this cleanser, and my skin is well on its way to recovering. I noticed a change almost right after I stopped using this, so it was without a doubt this cleanser that made me break out in a way I haven't done in years. I got painful cystic acne on my chin that is definitely going to take a while to get rid of.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This is a harsh, heavily perfumed bactericide. It made the dry skin on my hands burn like fire, and the STRONG fragrance threw my allergies into full swing. I had to throw this away immediately to make sure I wouldn't suffer another fit of wheezing. This does not smell like honey. At all. It smells like Fracas made with honeysuckle.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

There's nothing gentle about this.
The most awful fragance I've ever encountered.
Lathers well but dries my skin absurdly. I don't understand the hype about Nuxe and I don't understand how such abrasive products could be targeted at sensitive skin.
Nothing redeeming about this gel, truly, except the packaging.

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I've used different Nuxe products, and before using this one I actually used Nuxe-Micellar Foam Cleanser.
I was so happy with my Foam Cleanser that i thought i would love all Nuxe products. I actually love their lip balm (totally amazing), their hand cream, BUT i didn't get to love this product.
I have dry sensitive skin, sometimes prone to break ups if running into the wrong product.
This product has a very nice smell and feels silky when you put it on your face, but to me it gave kind of an allergic reaction. My eye area got hyper sensitive, dry and red. It felt as if i put something that burned my skin from inside. Terrible.
And i didn't actually clean as well as my foam cleanser that i had before. Definitely going back to the old one.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I bought this cleanser online thinking it would be a good cleanser/makeup remover in the shower. It is drying, not that great at removing non-waterproof eye makeup and most importantly, smells absolutely horrible. It smells like the cleaning chemicals they use in public restrooms to mask odors. Its like this sort of smoky, chemically smell with an overtone of honey. And it would be one thing if it was a mild smell, but its very intense and lingers. Would not recommend to anyone--regardless of skin type--based on the overpowering, horrible smell alone.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Rewriting my review. I wanted to like this but my skin got progressively worse. Like from not needing to wear makeup to having breakouts everywhere. I haven't changed anything else in my skincare, so I put it down to this. I didn't use this last night to cleanse my face and it already feels calmer this morning. I definitely don't recommend this to sensitive, acne prone people. The scent is also too perfumey if you are used to using naturally scented products for a long time.