Satellite Padparadscha

Filtered by eye Color : Green
No Image

3.5

on 8/7/2009 12:12:00 AM

I have to agree with NicoleL67, the initial woody spices are lovely, but within 30 min the perfume has completely disappeared, thankfully it was only a sample. I think for a similar spicy perfume, Montale Red Aoud is a better bet, which lasts about 7 hours on me.

on 8/26/2006 1:45:00 AM

Allright, i allready own a bottle of this and that might say a lot.I'm extremely satisfied by this one.I thinkthat the blending is of the highest rate cause i don't get the individual notes just a powerful melange of all the sacred and precious materials in the world.It starts like a spicy evergreen bush combined with deep and resinous woodchips that after a while produce the heat of a warmed by flames cedar tree.i don't consider myself witout it.

on 6/8/2006 9:53:00 AM

The first sandalwood I actually ADORE. Padparadscha is the sexiest perfume I have smelled in a long time, perhaps what Frederic Malle's Musc Ravageur had wanted to be (read orange-y sexy musk/skin scent). I would call it more than anything "biting", a fragrance you can really sink your teeth into, undoubtedbly suited equally for a woman or a man, sexy on anyone I can think of and not overly stylish or exhibiting pretense...genuine. The notes have been described beautifully below, I can only add that this perfume (and it is edp, 100 ml at a Great price) is worth it, no hype, a true gem, and indeed rather a skin scent. The notes (amber, musk, cedar, sandalwood, juniper, pepper) balance each other beautifully, making this also especially an accessible scent, very pleasing, not difficult imo. It is a scent that says "yes" to me, it's encouraging somehow and despite an oriental quality works for me in hot weather too. Indeed, the amber is not very present to my nose but acts as a soft counterpart to the orange-y spiciness which to me comes from the cedar, juniper (fresh and bracing) and pepper overlaying the musk and sandalwood which keep me sniffing my body where sprayed. I haven't been this intrigued by a pepper scent since Caron's Coup de Fouet (pepper leading into carnation). A keeper. I like the accessibility, the oomph from the spices, and especially that musk/sandalwood combination which makes for a perfume that enhances my skin, does not feel artificial and is "pleasant" in the best possible way without being boring. An happy Smile! full of promise...

on 2/11/2006 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

To me, this scent is a little too cedary and harsh. I mostly smell a mixture of cedar, sandalwood, and a little bit of spice/cinnamon.

on 1/31/2006 9:42:00 PM

Padparadscha really is a great winter scent. I definitely smelled a note of cedar, but quite subtle, blended in with the amber, musk and spice. The juniper adds a nice kick as well. This scent reminds me a bit of Idole de Lubin, a little of Musc Ravageur- all musky scents with hints of wood and spice. I think this may be my favorite of the three and I am looking forward to buying a full bottle next fall. Staying power on me was decent. I sprayed in the morning and I smell vague traces of fragrance 12 hours later, so it was with me most of the day.

on 1/19/2006 2:44:00 PM

It is very true to the notes listed. Starts off with a blast of pepper that oddly reminded me of Poivre Piquant tempered by the requisite amber. The other notes are listed as cedar, sandalwood, musk, and juniper. I was disappointed in that I am a cedar lover and I didn't pick that note out. The juniper was apparent, but admittedly only after I searched it out. It's MOSTLY a musky, sandalwoody amber with a peppery blast that lasts quite through. Unfortunately, I would only rate the staying power at about 4 hours, but...this is coming from someone who has an awfully hard time finding ANYTHING that lasts.

If it sounds like a familiar fragrance, it is. Nothing overly unique, but divine in its own little way. At $65 for 100 mL it is definitely worth a purchase IMO - that is cheaper than most department store fragrances and the bottle...is perfection. If you look at the Luckyscent site, it doesn't come across...the square on the front is a beautiful goldleaf and the cap is actually a bronzey carved beauty.

Overall impression: I have too much like it. But, I'm a heavy, ambery, woodsy freak. If you'd like to add something similar to your collection this is not a bad choice at all. Price is fabulous and it's warm and feels luxurious. Not much sillage for this type of frgarance - it wears surprisingly close to my skin which is almost a nice surprise.