Satellite Padparadscha

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
No Image

on 12/18/2007 11:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

i dont know about this...personally fragrances with 'peppery' note do not like me. it smelled like someone sprinkled black pepper on dirty socks...no thanks.
it is however quite a dynamic scent and tenacious! even after a shower i still smelled it...worth trying if you dig spicy scents, maybe youll have better luck than i did

I got a sample of this with my 10 Corso Como order and it's quite similar (sandalwood and musk) but lusher, less sharp, and more feminine. It's a lovely woody incense scent but I didn't fall instantly in love like I did with 10CC, and I feel a little like I'm wearing someone else's perfume (much to the relief of my credit card). Lasting power is terrible on me, so the rating drops from 4 to 3 lippies.

on 7/30/2008 10:35:00 AM

Ooh, I like this! Since I love woody scents (cedarwood, sandalwood), clovey, spicy scents, and I love 10CC, this is really a no-brainer. I purchased a nice big decant of this and wow, I love it! As another reviewer said, this really is 10CC with mulling spices or orange pomanders (I love the description of the chest filled with orange pomanders - now doesn't that sound divine!). Almost like a cross between 10CC and Eadward Indulge (my two favorite fragrances in the world). There's nothing to dislike here for me, except for the poor staying power. But I like this one enough to spritz away! I think this is FBW especially since that bottle is so darn cute and the price not too bad. If you like 10CC or similar (like Tam Dao) and spicy, clovey fragrances, give this a try! UPDATE: I bought a bottle and love it (so super adorably cute)! I almost want to give this 4.5 lippies as the only reason I'm taking off any points is for poor sillage. But it's a lovely fragrance!!

I approached this fragrance quite suspiciously, as I have been very unlucky with Satellite other scents: Ipanema=burnt sugar, 40 a l'ombre=rotten grapefruit, A la figue=a bit better, but then again that burnt sugar emerges...
At first spray I almost choked: the alcoholic content is very high. After it evaporated, my first impression was still negative, due to too much cedar and too sharp pepper (I rarely appreciate pepper in fragrances). But ten minutes later I had to rejoice as I began to smell a divine blend of soft woods, especially sandalwood and cinnamon: so good, warm and spicy actually, I would chose it for my Christmas night. Many claim that the amber is hardly detectable, but I'd say it's there, in that discrete wave of powder that tones down the woods and gives the scent some volume, even some sillage. What I can smell really well is the bitter, balsamic, slightly salty juniper berries.
I'm really surprised by this fragrance as its notes are not my favourites, yet their composition achieve that lovely balance that keeps my nose wanting for more. I'm considering it to be my next purchase.
UPDATE: my DH was sitting next to me and started noticing my smell, saying: "really, your cooling foot lotion is quite stinky, you now?"

on 2/17/2007 9:40:00 AM

I received a decant, as an extra from a wonderful swapper without asking for it, or ever even hearing of it. It was LOVE and first sniff. This scent is mesmerizing. My first few experiences with Padparadscha were spritual. It's the most lovely sandalwood I've ever smelled. VERY sexy and I've had men and women swoon over me. LOL! It doesn't get powdery on me, as sandalwood often does. The fragrance stays true, is very long lasting, and gets more and more sensual as it dries down. I find it to be a spicy fragrance with intrigue, but one that is very wearable for a woman.

With 1/2 of my decant gone I asked DH to buy me a bottle for V-day. The bottle is gorgeous too! I love this scent and it will forever be a staple on my vanity. :)

Popular Fragrances