Satellite Padparadscha

Filtered by hair type : Other
No Image

3.8

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

Pretty nice, more likely appropriate in winter or fall scent. I have to agree with the others about the lack of staying power. I sprayed 4 sprays on myself, only one is still detectable. Initially I got a clovey tobacco smell, but a nice one. It has evolved into a very light, cinnamony, spicy, not too sweet whisper of cedarwood and sandalwood, like unlit japanese koh. It is quite beautiful, but hardly detectable. I imagine this, while being unisex, would still smell better on a woman than a man.

Normally, I'm not into very 'earthy' woody scents, I hate dirt as a note, but I do love sandalwood (essential oil). However, I hated SL Santal de Mysore (and I normally love SL scents). This one is too light in sillage, not smoky at all, but has an unlit, high-quality incense scent, like it has been sitting in a cedarwood box, whose scent has mellowed and dissipated with age.

on 11/23/2008 8:51:00 PM

Very nice. Soft and warm. Spicy like Chilly Peppers. Sexy and intriguing. I pick up a little berry but Sandalwood is the main drydown. I'm really liking this. This could be unisex b/c it's so woody. This is Great for the cold winter months. This is not your typical floral, fruity, soapy, sweet, it's none of those things. It's Woody and Spice and all but Nice..

on 9/21/2008 12:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I got a sample of this perfume from a fellow MUAer and loved it. However, when I got the full bottle and started using it, I found out that it has very little staying power on me. I smell it for a bit and then it's completely gone. Some fragrances leave a lingering base note on my skin all day long, this one is just gone after the top and middle notes have evaporated. So I won't repurchase because it was pretty expensive. I still love the smell though. Spicy but very clean, not at all overpowering.

on 12/18/2007 11:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

i dont know about this...personally fragrances with 'peppery' note do not like me. it smelled like someone sprinkled black pepper on dirty socks...no thanks.
it is however quite a dynamic scent and tenacious! even after a shower i still smelled it...worth trying if you dig spicy scents, maybe youll have better luck than i did

on 11/10/2006 2:22:00 PM

This is wonderful, and one of the two best fragrances I've come across in my search for my HG sandalwood (the other being Tam Dao, which is quite similar to my nose). Soft and subtle, not overtly masculine or feminine, with a sprinkling of warm spices that makes it perfect for the fall and winter. The only flaw is that, as with TD, the lasting power is terrible, which is why I took off a lippie. I've only used my sample 3 times and it's almost gone! Still, the bottle is gorgeous and the price is more than fair, so this may be my next FB purchase. Layers beautifully with Sage Pearl.

I got a sample of this with my 10 Corso Como order and it's quite similar (sandalwood and musk) but lusher, less sharp, and more feminine. It's a lovely woody incense scent but I didn't fall instantly in love like I did with 10CC, and I feel a little like I'm wearing someone else's perfume (much to the relief of my credit card). Lasting power is terrible on me, so the rating drops from 4 to 3 lippies.

Popular Fragrances