Satellite Padparadscha

Filtered by skin type : Combination
No Image

3.7

on 10/13/2013 11:16:00 AM

Dry and deep woods and spices with slightly dirty leathery undertones. But it becomes Tam Dao on my skin in half an hour. Shame. 3.5

on 3/21/2010 3:54:00 AM

This is very cedary to me and reminds me strongly of Jaisalmer. I like cedar so I liked it, but did not love it either. My husband who smelled it on me, asked me if I'm wearing a men's cologne. Not exactly the reaction I'd expected. Nice, but that's all for me; not FB worthy.

on 8/7/2009 12:12:00 AM

I have to agree with NicoleL67, the initial woody spices are lovely, but within 30 min the perfume has completely disappeared, thankfully it was only a sample. I think for a similar spicy perfume, Montale Red Aoud is a better bet, which lasts about 7 hours on me.

on 7/30/2008 10:35:00 AM

Ooh, I like this! Since I love woody scents (cedarwood, sandalwood), clovey, spicy scents, and I love 10CC, this is really a no-brainer. I purchased a nice big decant of this and wow, I love it! As another reviewer said, this really is 10CC with mulling spices or orange pomanders (I love the description of the chest filled with orange pomanders - now doesn't that sound divine!). Almost like a cross between 10CC and Eadward Indulge (my two favorite fragrances in the world). There's nothing to dislike here for me, except for the poor staying power. But I like this one enough to spritz away! I think this is FBW especially since that bottle is so darn cute and the price not too bad. If you like 10CC or similar (like Tam Dao) and spicy, clovey fragrances, give this a try! UPDATE: I bought a bottle and love it (so super adorably cute)! I almost want to give this 4.5 lippies as the only reason I'm taking off any points is for poor sillage. But it's a lovely fragrance!!

on 2/17/2007 9:40:00 AM

I received a decant, as an extra from a wonderful swapper without asking for it, or ever even hearing of it. It was LOVE and first sniff. This scent is mesmerizing. My first few experiences with Padparadscha were spritual. It's the most lovely sandalwood I've ever smelled. VERY sexy and I've had men and women swoon over me. LOL! It doesn't get powdery on me, as sandalwood often does. The fragrance stays true, is very long lasting, and gets more and more sensual as it dries down. I find it to be a spicy fragrance with intrigue, but one that is very wearable for a woman.

With 1/2 of my decant gone I asked DH to buy me a bottle for V-day. The bottle is gorgeous too! I love this scent and it will forever be a staple on my vanity. :)

on 8/26/2006 1:45:00 AM

Allright, i allready own a bottle of this and that might say a lot.I'm extremely satisfied by this one.I thinkthat the blending is of the highest rate cause i don't get the individual notes just a powerful melange of all the sacred and precious materials in the world.It starts like a spicy evergreen bush combined with deep and resinous woodchips that after a while produce the heat of a warmed by flames cedar tree.i don't consider myself witout it.

I got a sample of this with my 10 Corso Como order and it's quite similar (sandalwood and musk) but lusher, less sharp, and more feminine. It's a lovely woody incense scent but I didn't fall instantly in love like I did with 10CC, and I feel a little like I'm wearing someone else's perfume (much to the relief of my credit card). Lasting power is terrible on me, so the rating drops from 4 to 3 lippies.

on 6/8/2006 9:53:00 AM

The first sandalwood I actually ADORE. Padparadscha is the sexiest perfume I have smelled in a long time, perhaps what Frederic Malle's Musc Ravageur had wanted to be (read orange-y sexy musk/skin scent). I would call it more than anything "biting", a fragrance you can really sink your teeth into, undoubtedbly suited equally for a woman or a man, sexy on anyone I can think of and not overly stylish or exhibiting pretense...genuine. The notes have been described beautifully below, I can only add that this perfume (and it is edp, 100 ml at a Great price) is worth it, no hype, a true gem, and indeed rather a skin scent. The notes (amber, musk, cedar, sandalwood, juniper, pepper) balance each other beautifully, making this also especially an accessible scent, very pleasing, not difficult imo. It is a scent that says "yes" to me, it's encouraging somehow and despite an oriental quality works for me in hot weather too. Indeed, the amber is not very present to my nose but acts as a soft counterpart to the orange-y spiciness which to me comes from the cedar, juniper (fresh and bracing) and pepper overlaying the musk and sandalwood which keep me sniffing my body where sprayed. I haven't been this intrigued by a pepper scent since Caron's Coup de Fouet (pepper leading into carnation). A keeper. I like the accessibility, the oomph from the spices, and especially that musk/sandalwood combination which makes for a perfume that enhances my skin, does not feel artificial and is "pleasant" in the best possible way without being boring. An happy Smile! full of promise...

on 3/30/2006 11:06:00 PM

Padparadscha is strong enough for a man and soft enough for a woman. Satellite's gorgeous accessories are so colorfully ethnic and lavishly embellished I was surprised at how non-boho this scent is. I expected sweet, incensy, heavy. This is dry, bracingly woodsy and light. A dominant sandalwood and cedar heart is brought to the height of freshness by pepper and juniper. The amber and musk are very lightweight and almost indiscernible. If I were more of a woods-and-incense type of gal I'd buy this in a heartbeat, but since I'm not, I'm just hoping more people discover this unique, ultramodern creation.

on 3/15/2006 8:55:00 AM

I am so surprised at the low ratings for this because Padparadscha is actually a very good, well-composed musky woodsy fragrance. I cannot detect any amber in this, which is a good thing because I don't care much for amber in the first place. The spices and pepper give it a nice edge. But most of all, I think it's the juniper note that gives it a surprising and welcome greenness that really saves this fragrance from smelling like a common, department store creation. This is NOT a major note, but it's truly a wondrous thing smelling it along with the dry cedar and sandalwood and the kicky pepper. This scent conjures up images of calm, majestic pine tree forests, and its surprising greenness reminds me just a little bit of the hemlock in Ormonde for Women, one of my favorite fragrances. Gorgeous bottle.