Satellite Padparadscha

Filtered by skin type : Normal
No Image

3.7

I approached this fragrance quite suspiciously, as I have been very unlucky with Satellite other scents: Ipanema=burnt sugar, 40 a l'ombre=rotten grapefruit, A la figue=a bit better, but then again that burnt sugar emerges...
At first spray I almost choked: the alcoholic content is very high. After it evaporated, my first impression was still negative, due to too much cedar and too sharp pepper (I rarely appreciate pepper in fragrances). But ten minutes later I had to rejoice as I began to smell a divine blend of soft woods, especially sandalwood and cinnamon: so good, warm and spicy actually, I would chose it for my Christmas night. Many claim that the amber is hardly detectable, but I'd say it's there, in that discrete wave of powder that tones down the woods and gives the scent some volume, even some sillage. What I can smell really well is the bitter, balsamic, slightly salty juniper berries.
I'm really surprised by this fragrance as its notes are not my favourites, yet their composition achieve that lovely balance that keeps my nose wanting for more. I'm considering it to be my next purchase.
UPDATE: my DH was sitting next to me and started noticing my smell, saying: "really, your cooling foot lotion is quite stinky, you now?"

on 2/25/2006 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I was hoping for a more prominent amber note, but disappointingly I get mostly cedar chest and cinnamon & cloves. I don't detect much amber at all - the cedar and spices overpower everything. It's not an unpleasant scent, just not something I would like to wear as a perfume....much too reminiscent of storage bins and Holiday potpourri.

on 1/31/2006 9:42:00 PM

Padparadscha really is a great winter scent. I definitely smelled a note of cedar, but quite subtle, blended in with the amber, musk and spice. The juniper adds a nice kick as well. This scent reminds me a bit of Idole de Lubin, a little of Musc Ravageur- all musky scents with hints of wood and spice. I think this may be my favorite of the three and I am looking forward to buying a full bottle next fall. Staying power on me was decent. I sprayed in the morning and I smell vague traces of fragrance 12 hours later, so it was with me most of the day.

Popular Fragrances