Satellite Padparadscha

No Image

3.6

on 8/7/2009 12:12:00 AM

I have to agree with NicoleL67, the initial woody spices are lovely, but within 30 min the perfume has completely disappeared, thankfully it was only a sample. I think for a similar spicy perfume, Montale Red Aoud is a better bet, which lasts about 7 hours on me.

This was absolutely nothing like I thought it would be. I really dislike this a lot. If I had to give a quick description of this to someone I would say it smells like a mens cologne from a drugstore or a really cheap mainstream perfume. There is that common musky woodiness to it, the spice is barely there. When I think cheap perfume or cologne with a generic quality to it, that musky base that all mainstream scents seem to use....this is what it smells like to me. If I smelled this on someone in public I would think they were trying to hard to be unique and that they smelled exactly like a million other people who are trying to get a date for saturday night. I could not wash this one off fast enough and naturally it lasted forever and a day. The bad ones always do.

on 2/25/2006 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I was hoping for a more prominent amber note, but disappointingly I get mostly cedar chest and cinnamon & cloves. I don't detect much amber at all - the cedar and spices overpower everything. It's not an unpleasant scent, just not something I would like to wear as a perfume....much too reminiscent of storage bins and Holiday potpourri.

on 3/21/2010 3:54:00 AM

This is very cedary to me and reminds me strongly of Jaisalmer. I like cedar so I liked it, but did not love it either. My husband who smelled it on me, asked me if I'm wearing a men's cologne. Not exactly the reaction I'd expected. Nice, but that's all for me; not FB worthy.

on 12/18/2007 11:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

i dont know about this...personally fragrances with 'peppery' note do not like me. it smelled like someone sprinkled black pepper on dirty socks...no thanks.
it is however quite a dynamic scent and tenacious! even after a shower i still smelled it...worth trying if you dig spicy scents, maybe youll have better luck than i did

I got a sample of this with my 10 Corso Como order and it's quite similar (sandalwood and musk) but lusher, less sharp, and more feminine. It's a lovely woody incense scent but I didn't fall instantly in love like I did with 10CC, and I feel a little like I'm wearing someone else's perfume (much to the relief of my credit card). Lasting power is terrible on me, so the rating drops from 4 to 3 lippies.

on 2/11/2006 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

To me, this scent is a little too cedary and harsh. I mostly smell a mixture of cedar, sandalwood, and a little bit of spice/cinnamon.

on 1/19/2006 2:44:00 PM

It is very true to the notes listed. Starts off with a blast of pepper that oddly reminded me of Poivre Piquant tempered by the requisite amber. The other notes are listed as cedar, sandalwood, musk, and juniper. I was disappointed in that I am a cedar lover and I didn't pick that note out. The juniper was apparent, but admittedly only after I searched it out. It's MOSTLY a musky, sandalwoody amber with a peppery blast that lasts quite through. Unfortunately, I would only rate the staying power at about 4 hours, but...this is coming from someone who has an awfully hard time finding ANYTHING that lasts.

If it sounds like a familiar fragrance, it is. Nothing overly unique, but divine in its own little way. At $65 for 100 mL it is definitely worth a purchase IMO - that is cheaper than most department store fragrances and the bottle...is perfection. If you look at the Luckyscent site, it doesn't come across...the square on the front is a beautiful goldleaf and the cap is actually a bronzey carved beauty.

Overall impression: I have too much like it. But, I'm a heavy, ambery, woodsy freak. If you'd like to add something similar to your collection this is not a bad choice at all. Price is fabulous and it's warm and feels luxurious. Not much sillage for this type of frgarance - it wears surprisingly close to my skin which is almost a nice surprise.

on 10/13/2013 11:16:00 AM

Dry and deep woods and spices with slightly dirty leathery undertones. But it becomes Tam Dao on my skin in half an hour. Shame. 3.5

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

Pretty nice, more likely appropriate in winter or fall scent. I have to agree with the others about the lack of staying power. I sprayed 4 sprays on myself, only one is still detectable. Initially I got a clovey tobacco smell, but a nice one. It has evolved into a very light, cinnamony, spicy, not too sweet whisper of cedarwood and sandalwood, like unlit japanese koh. It is quite beautiful, but hardly detectable. I imagine this, while being unisex, would still smell better on a woman than a man.

Normally, I'm not into very 'earthy' woody scents, I hate dirt as a note, but I do love sandalwood (essential oil). However, I hated SL Santal de Mysore (and I normally love SL scents). This one is too light in sillage, not smoky at all, but has an unlit, high-quality incense scent, like it has been sitting in a cedarwood box, whose scent has mellowed and dissipated with age.