Satellite Padparadscha

No Image

3.6

on 1/19/2006 2:44:00 PM

It is very true to the notes listed. Starts off with a blast of pepper that oddly reminded me of Poivre Piquant tempered by the requisite amber. The other notes are listed as cedar, sandalwood, musk, and juniper. I was disappointed in that I am a cedar lover and I didn't pick that note out. The juniper was apparent, but admittedly only after I searched it out. It's MOSTLY a musky, sandalwoody amber with a peppery blast that lasts quite through. Unfortunately, I would only rate the staying power at about 4 hours, but...this is coming from someone who has an awfully hard time finding ANYTHING that lasts.

If it sounds like a familiar fragrance, it is. Nothing overly unique, but divine in its own little way. At $65 for 100 mL it is definitely worth a purchase IMO - that is cheaper than most department store fragrances and the bottle...is perfection. If you look at the Luckyscent site, it doesn't come across...the square on the front is a beautiful goldleaf and the cap is actually a bronzey carved beauty.

Overall impression: I have too much like it. But, I'm a heavy, ambery, woodsy freak. If you'd like to add something similar to your collection this is not a bad choice at all. Price is fabulous and it's warm and feels luxurious. Not much sillage for this type of frgarance - it wears surprisingly close to my skin which is almost a nice surprise.

on 1/31/2006 9:42:00 PM

Padparadscha really is a great winter scent. I definitely smelled a note of cedar, but quite subtle, blended in with the amber, musk and spice. The juniper adds a nice kick as well. This scent reminds me a bit of Idole de Lubin, a little of Musc Ravageur- all musky scents with hints of wood and spice. I think this may be my favorite of the three and I am looking forward to buying a full bottle next fall. Staying power on me was decent. I sprayed in the morning and I smell vague traces of fragrance 12 hours later, so it was with me most of the day.

on 2/11/2006 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

To me, this scent is a little too cedary and harsh. I mostly smell a mixture of cedar, sandalwood, and a little bit of spice/cinnamon.

on 2/25/2006 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I was hoping for a more prominent amber note, but disappointingly I get mostly cedar chest and cinnamon & cloves. I don't detect much amber at all - the cedar and spices overpower everything. It's not an unpleasant scent, just not something I would like to wear as a perfume....much too reminiscent of storage bins and Holiday potpourri.

This was absolutely nothing like I thought it would be. I really dislike this a lot. If I had to give a quick description of this to someone I would say it smells like a mens cologne from a drugstore or a really cheap mainstream perfume. There is that common musky woodiness to it, the spice is barely there. When I think cheap perfume or cologne with a generic quality to it, that musky base that all mainstream scents seem to use....this is what it smells like to me. If I smelled this on someone in public I would think they were trying to hard to be unique and that they smelled exactly like a million other people who are trying to get a date for saturday night. I could not wash this one off fast enough and naturally it lasted forever and a day. The bad ones always do.

on 3/15/2006 8:55:00 AM

I am so surprised at the low ratings for this because Padparadscha is actually a very good, well-composed musky woodsy fragrance. I cannot detect any amber in this, which is a good thing because I don't care much for amber in the first place. The spices and pepper give it a nice edge. But most of all, I think it's the juniper note that gives it a surprising and welcome greenness that really saves this fragrance from smelling like a common, department store creation. This is NOT a major note, but it's truly a wondrous thing smelling it along with the dry cedar and sandalwood and the kicky pepper. This scent conjures up images of calm, majestic pine tree forests, and its surprising greenness reminds me just a little bit of the hemlock in Ormonde for Women, one of my favorite fragrances. Gorgeous bottle.

on 3/30/2006 11:06:00 PM

Padparadscha is strong enough for a man and soft enough for a woman. Satellite's gorgeous accessories are so colorfully ethnic and lavishly embellished I was surprised at how non-boho this scent is. I expected sweet, incensy, heavy. This is dry, bracingly woodsy and light. A dominant sandalwood and cedar heart is brought to the height of freshness by pepper and juniper. The amber and musk are very lightweight and almost indiscernible. If I were more of a woods-and-incense type of gal I'd buy this in a heartbeat, but since I'm not, I'm just hoping more people discover this unique, ultramodern creation.

on 6/8/2006 9:53:00 AM

The first sandalwood I actually ADORE. Padparadscha is the sexiest perfume I have smelled in a long time, perhaps what Frederic Malle's Musc Ravageur had wanted to be (read orange-y sexy musk/skin scent). I would call it more than anything "biting", a fragrance you can really sink your teeth into, undoubtedbly suited equally for a woman or a man, sexy on anyone I can think of and not overly stylish or exhibiting pretense...genuine. The notes have been described beautifully below, I can only add that this perfume (and it is edp, 100 ml at a Great price) is worth it, no hype, a true gem, and indeed rather a skin scent. The notes (amber, musk, cedar, sandalwood, juniper, pepper) balance each other beautifully, making this also especially an accessible scent, very pleasing, not difficult imo. It is a scent that says "yes" to me, it's encouraging somehow and despite an oriental quality works for me in hot weather too. Indeed, the amber is not very present to my nose but acts as a soft counterpart to the orange-y spiciness which to me comes from the cedar, juniper (fresh and bracing) and pepper overlaying the musk and sandalwood which keep me sniffing my body where sprayed. I haven't been this intrigued by a pepper scent since Caron's Coup de Fouet (pepper leading into carnation). A keeper. I like the accessibility, the oomph from the spices, and especially that musk/sandalwood combination which makes for a perfume that enhances my skin, does not feel artificial and is "pleasant" in the best possible way without being boring. An happy Smile! full of promise...

I got a sample of this with my 10 Corso Como order and it's quite similar (sandalwood and musk) but lusher, less sharp, and more feminine. It's a lovely woody incense scent but I didn't fall instantly in love like I did with 10CC, and I feel a little like I'm wearing someone else's perfume (much to the relief of my credit card). Lasting power is terrible on me, so the rating drops from 4 to 3 lippies.

on 8/26/2006 1:45:00 AM

Allright, i allready own a bottle of this and that might say a lot.I'm extremely satisfied by this one.I thinkthat the blending is of the highest rate cause i don't get the individual notes just a powerful melange of all the sacred and precious materials in the world.It starts like a spicy evergreen bush combined with deep and resinous woodchips that after a while produce the heat of a warmed by flames cedar tree.i don't consider myself witout it.

Popular Fragrances