Satellite Padparadscha

Filtered by age: 30-35
No Image

4.3

on 10/13/2013 11:16:00 AM

Dry and deep woods and spices with slightly dirty leathery undertones. But it becomes Tam Dao on my skin in half an hour. Shame. 3.5

on 11/23/2008 8:51:00 PM

Very nice. Soft and warm. Spicy like Chilly Peppers. Sexy and intriguing. I pick up a little berry but Sandalwood is the main drydown. I'm really liking this. This could be unisex b/c it's so woody. This is Great for the cold winter months. This is not your typical floral, fruity, soapy, sweet, it's none of those things. It's Woody and Spice and all but Nice..

on 7/30/2008 10:35:00 AM

Ooh, I like this! Since I love woody scents (cedarwood, sandalwood), clovey, spicy scents, and I love 10CC, this is really a no-brainer. I purchased a nice big decant of this and wow, I love it! As another reviewer said, this really is 10CC with mulling spices or orange pomanders (I love the description of the chest filled with orange pomanders - now doesn't that sound divine!). Almost like a cross between 10CC and Eadward Indulge (my two favorite fragrances in the world). There's nothing to dislike here for me, except for the poor staying power. But I like this one enough to spritz away! I think this is FBW especially since that bottle is so darn cute and the price not too bad. If you like 10CC or similar (like Tam Dao) and spicy, clovey fragrances, give this a try! UPDATE: I bought a bottle and love it (so super adorably cute)! I almost want to give this 4.5 lippies as the only reason I'm taking off any points is for poor sillage. But it's a lovely fragrance!!

on 8/26/2006 1:45:00 AM

Allright, i allready own a bottle of this and that might say a lot.I'm extremely satisfied by this one.I thinkthat the blending is of the highest rate cause i don't get the individual notes just a powerful melange of all the sacred and precious materials in the world.It starts like a spicy evergreen bush combined with deep and resinous woodchips that after a while produce the heat of a warmed by flames cedar tree.i don't consider myself witout it.

on 6/8/2006 9:53:00 AM

The first sandalwood I actually ADORE. Padparadscha is the sexiest perfume I have smelled in a long time, perhaps what Frederic Malle's Musc Ravageur had wanted to be (read orange-y sexy musk/skin scent). I would call it more than anything "biting", a fragrance you can really sink your teeth into, undoubtedbly suited equally for a woman or a man, sexy on anyone I can think of and not overly stylish or exhibiting pretense...genuine. The notes have been described beautifully below, I can only add that this perfume (and it is edp, 100 ml at a Great price) is worth it, no hype, a true gem, and indeed rather a skin scent. The notes (amber, musk, cedar, sandalwood, juniper, pepper) balance each other beautifully, making this also especially an accessible scent, very pleasing, not difficult imo. It is a scent that says "yes" to me, it's encouraging somehow and despite an oriental quality works for me in hot weather too. Indeed, the amber is not very present to my nose but acts as a soft counterpart to the orange-y spiciness which to me comes from the cedar, juniper (fresh and bracing) and pepper overlaying the musk and sandalwood which keep me sniffing my body where sprayed. I haven't been this intrigued by a pepper scent since Caron's Coup de Fouet (pepper leading into carnation). A keeper. I like the accessibility, the oomph from the spices, and especially that musk/sandalwood combination which makes for a perfume that enhances my skin, does not feel artificial and is "pleasant" in the best possible way without being boring. An happy Smile! full of promise...

on 2/11/2006 11:04:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

To me, this scent is a little too cedary and harsh. I mostly smell a mixture of cedar, sandalwood, and a little bit of spice/cinnamon.

on 1/31/2006 9:42:00 PM

Padparadscha really is a great winter scent. I definitely smelled a note of cedar, but quite subtle, blended in with the amber, musk and spice. The juniper adds a nice kick as well. This scent reminds me a bit of Idole de Lubin, a little of Musc Ravageur- all musky scents with hints of wood and spice. I think this may be my favorite of the three and I am looking forward to buying a full bottle next fall. Staying power on me was decent. I sprayed in the morning and I smell vague traces of fragrance 12 hours later, so it was with me most of the day.

Popular Fragrances