Satellite Padparadscha

Filtered by age: 25-29
No Image

3.3

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

Pretty nice, more likely appropriate in winter or fall scent. I have to agree with the others about the lack of staying power. I sprayed 4 sprays on myself, only one is still detectable. Initially I got a clovey tobacco smell, but a nice one. It has evolved into a very light, cinnamony, spicy, not too sweet whisper of cedarwood and sandalwood, like unlit japanese koh. It is quite beautiful, but hardly detectable. I imagine this, while being unisex, would still smell better on a woman than a man.

Normally, I'm not into very 'earthy' woody scents, I hate dirt as a note, but I do love sandalwood (essential oil). However, I hated SL Santal de Mysore (and I normally love SL scents). This one is too light in sillage, not smoky at all, but has an unlit, high-quality incense scent, like it has been sitting in a cedarwood box, whose scent has mellowed and dissipated with age.

on 3/15/2006 8:55:00 AM

I am so surprised at the low ratings for this because Padparadscha is actually a very good, well-composed musky woodsy fragrance. I cannot detect any amber in this, which is a good thing because I don't care much for amber in the first place. The spices and pepper give it a nice edge. But most of all, I think it's the juniper note that gives it a surprising and welcome greenness that really saves this fragrance from smelling like a common, department store creation. This is NOT a major note, but it's truly a wondrous thing smelling it along with the dry cedar and sandalwood and the kicky pepper. This scent conjures up images of calm, majestic pine tree forests, and its surprising greenness reminds me just a little bit of the hemlock in Ormonde for Women, one of my favorite fragrances. Gorgeous bottle.

on 2/25/2006 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I was hoping for a more prominent amber note, but disappointingly I get mostly cedar chest and cinnamon & cloves. I don't detect much amber at all - the cedar and spices overpower everything. It's not an unpleasant scent, just not something I would like to wear as a perfume....much too reminiscent of storage bins and Holiday potpourri.

on 1/19/2006 2:44:00 PM

It is very true to the notes listed. Starts off with a blast of pepper that oddly reminded me of Poivre Piquant tempered by the requisite amber. The other notes are listed as cedar, sandalwood, musk, and juniper. I was disappointed in that I am a cedar lover and I didn't pick that note out. The juniper was apparent, but admittedly only after I searched it out. It's MOSTLY a musky, sandalwoody amber with a peppery blast that lasts quite through. Unfortunately, I would only rate the staying power at about 4 hours, but...this is coming from someone who has an awfully hard time finding ANYTHING that lasts.

If it sounds like a familiar fragrance, it is. Nothing overly unique, but divine in its own little way. At $65 for 100 mL it is definitely worth a purchase IMO - that is cheaper than most department store fragrances and the bottle...is perfection. If you look at the Luckyscent site, it doesn't come across...the square on the front is a beautiful goldleaf and the cap is actually a bronzey carved beauty.

Overall impression: I have too much like it. But, I'm a heavy, ambery, woodsy freak. If you'd like to add something similar to your collection this is not a bad choice at all. Price is fabulous and it's warm and feels luxurious. Not much sillage for this type of frgarance - it wears surprisingly close to my skin which is almost a nice surprise.

Popular Fragrances