Au Courant Instant SunlessTanning Mousse

Au Courant Instant SunlessTanning Mousse

4.1

on 7/20/2010 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

easiest and best self tanner!!

I like to be able to see my tan (I have medium olive skin tone) so want a colour which is natural but more than just a subtle glow. This gives me a dark colour which I like but can be ott if I apply it too regularly. I would definitely say darker than my St Tropez, which is odd because this was sold to me as a lighter alternative to St Trop?! I like the smell (sweet banana) and its light mousse texture goes on smoothly with no streaks. I apply it with a mit to protect my hands. A good product which gives a nice tan without any hint of orange.

on 9/12/2008 3:20:00 PM

I love this product!!!! It smells nice and it produces a nice color on me and I have fair skin. I have found I have to make sure I exfoliate well before I apply this and after a couple of days but it is a great product. The only real flaw is that it is expensive imo.

Also as much as I love this product I still haven't found my perfect sunless tanning product, yet!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Amazing! Dark gorgeous tan (I heard this is the stuff they use on Baywatch- not sure if it's true, but anyways thats what made me want to try it) My boyfriend always comments on what a pretty complexion I have when I use this (yes, I use it on my face as well- if I want it extra dark I layer it with the face gel) I don't know what I'd do without this stuff!!!

I like this, but its a very so-so product for me (although there are TONS that are worse than this!) it's definitely in the better group of self tanners, but to be honest it doesnt beat st tropez. I was running out of st tropez and thought i would try this next. I ordered it on line from hqhair.com and was so excited I couldnt wait to try it. The mousse is pretty similar to the st tropez mousse in texture although this one is slightly more lighter in colour, maybe slightly more orange even. The scent is like a sweet banana scent and although it's not disguistingly awful (hello EL!!) I dont like it. I know people complain about st tropez but u know what, ive got used to it now and it doesnt bother me. This went steaky on me after my first shower- it looked blotchy and uneven- which st tro doesnt do. Overall nice colour, but slightly orange. Overall, it was......ok.....but nothing special and certainly not worth 26, i might try to use this up cus it was expensive but ill probably think what the hell in a week or so and re purchase st tropez.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This looks 100% natural on me. No one, not even my family can even tell that I have put it on it looks so real. It just adds the perfect amount of color (with 1 application--with two I look pretty tan). My husband always tells me I look really prety whenever I use this. I also use the face gel for my face and it is awesome. I always put moisturizer on my entire face first and let it soak in. This prevents the driest parts of my face from soaking up more tanner.

on 9/1/2005 8:15:00 PM

My Holy Grail of self tanners. I am fair skinned and pretty much never tan in the sun, so some form of self tan is essential in the summer months if I want to wear nice skirts, dresses, shorts and little tops. And in the winter months I like to keep a bit of healthy color on my face and hands as I do really become deathly pale without.

Au Courant is perfect. What I look for is something which has all of the following: No Smell. Easy to apply. Streak Free tan. Even Fading. And Convincing Color. Any product which does not fulfill all of these is useless to me. The smell thing is really important as most self tanners are either stinky with the self-tan chemical or perfumed to high heaven (St Tropez amongst the worst). This lovely light mouse is real easy to apply - I use a large synthetic sponge (one in each hand) with a few blobs of mousse on each sponge and do all of my legs and torso, neck and back and then each arm. I only use my fingertips for the face and so there's no need to scrub hands afterwards.

The mouse has a strong but natural color guide so you can see exactly where you have and haven't applied (essential). This color guide also means you have INSTANT tan while the underlying color develops. No need to apply a thick coat. Just a thin even coat will do the trick.

Because it is easy to apply evenly, and because of the nature of the mousse, when the tan develops it is very even. When the color fades it is also even without strange white patches and scaley patches (ugh!) that so many others are prone to.

And of course the color. Now lets be clear. It is not deep. In part, I am very pale and almost no self tan could be a deep color on me because the base is so pale. The end result after one application is light. After two it is medium. The outcome is delghtfully healthy and sunkissed but never as though you've been on a Carribean beach for a fortnight. But it is ultra flatering and ultra convincing. Sunkissed and golden and relatively gentle.

One world of advice. It is ESSENTIAL - and I mean ESSENTIAL - that you exfoliate very very thoroughly prior to application. Without this, NO SELF TAN WILL EVER LOOK GOOD AND ALL WILL FADE BADLY. I use a kind of nylon loofah sponge all over every inch of by body with lots of soap. On my face I use a marble grained scrub. Then dry off roughly and then apply the Au Courant Mousse. Allow about 5 minutes to air dry - but this is not essential. The next morning I reapply a second layer and get dressed a few minutes later. Ladies, (and any gents interested) I put on my nice summer skirts and little tops and step out in to the world in confidence.

Sometimes I top up again the next evening or morning. But essentially, I scrub/exfoliate every inch of me every three days and apply the double coat 6-8 hours apart. And that is how I feel really good in the summer.

Two more plus points about Au Courant (as well as good smell, easy application, good instant color, good fade and good natural tan) is that 1) it is super skin conditioning. With loads of Aloe Vera I don't usually need any extra body lotions etc. 2) The color guide will gub off on light colored clothes - especially where they are tight like bras. And of course of white sheets. But it washes out really easily, even on a cool or short wash. So no worries at all.

Bear in mind no self tan works without meticulous preparation = exfoliation and shaving etc. And all will take a bit of practice (eg have a damp flannel ready to wipe of areas such as heels and knees and elbows where color can be excessive). But with preparation and practice I guarantee that this is the best Self Tan that money can buy.

Its not cheap. But it does about 12 -14 full body applications and frankly, if I buy something cheap which is a pain to use, or stinks all day, I know I'll never make good use of it so what's the point. And then I'd just end up spending the summer hiding in my jeans and long sleeve sweaters like I do all winter. May you all be sunkissed and sweet smelling.

on 6/27/2005 5:51:00 AM

Brilliant tan, went on very smooth, no streaks and wears off naturally if you moisturise every day. Handy pump bottle, easy to use. It doesn't stink, it has a light banana scent which is pleasent. The Au Courant spray tan is great too.

on 10/19/2004 5:37:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This is fabulous and I like it better than St. Tropez. It smells nicer, sort of a sweet chocolatey scent. And when it's first applied it is a warm brown shade instead of the St Tropez dirty green, so it can be applied before going out unlike Tropez. It's also slightly cheaper. The tan lasted on my arms for about 5 days and on my face for around 3 days. UPDATE: Started to get very streaky with dark knees. Have gone back to St Tropez.

on 8/24/2004 3:05:00 PM

I like this product. It is one of the best self-tanners I have used. And I have used a lot of them. I like this mouse better than St. Tropez because when it fades it does not make me look all blotchy and it smells much better. Most important the color compared to St. Torpez is much much better. The color Au Courant leaves me is very natural and not streaky. I use the sponge applicator (but that thing was cheap and died on me after a few uses. I started to add it to my regular lotion and used a large foundation brush to apply. It worked even better than the sponge. I use the mousse/lotion combo in between my mystic tan applications at the salon. So I only use it on my arms, face and legs in between "tanning" sessions but it blends so naturally it does not look fake at all. When it is fading it does tend to look a bit orange but my skin is so white that anything looks orange when it fades. I use an exfoliator and that solves the fading problem and I just re-apply after the shower. I would buy again.