MAC Catherine Deneuve -- Sable

No Image

4.5

on 4/16/2006 11:23:00 PM

Gorgeous! Sable is a silvery taupe with a pink iridescence in it in certain lights. I think the pink iridescence is what makes this a unique Lipglass. The pink seems to warm it up just a tad so its not a grey-taupe color (which would wash every bit of the color out of my face) It has the perfect amount of shimmer & that wonderful vanilla scent. I love that there's enough pigment in it that I don't have to wear a liner underneath it for it to show up. I love the texture (smooth & slippery with just enough stickiness to make it last once applied) I really wish I had bought a back-up of this because I can see myself wearing it all Summer long.

I have always been a MAC fan...especially for their eyeshadows and pigments. I have never been able to find a lipglass shade that looks good on me...UNTIL i found this shade...I Love It!!!!!!! I can wear it alone for a casual look or pair it with lip liner and "Sharp beige' lipstick or lipglass in "Who's that lady" for a great evening look.
I have actually purchase 4 of these. I hope i never run out!

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a very pretty lipglass. It's a light bronzey brown that has pink iridescence all throughout it. For some reason, it reminds me of a slightly deeper version of Spirited lipglass, but not quite as frosty as Spirited. Better yet, if you remember Supreme lipglass - imagine what Supreme and Spirited would look like combined. The end result would probably be this color. I was actually surprised at just how gorgeous Sable was when I put it on. Not too dramatically dark, not too light. The texture could be better though, because the first thing I noticed was that it did not have MAC's signature stickiness or staying power for that matter. I believe MAC has changed the formula on a lot of its newer lipglasses. Which is a shame.

on 2/4/2006 3:02:00 AM

I love love MAC lipglasses, so I snatched up 3 of the 4 Catherine Deneuve Icon collection lipglasses. Sable is a taupe laced with frost and shimmer. It is a light bronzy brown on my lips. I have Soft Sun lipglass (LE from a previous MAC color story), and this is the lighter version of that, and a less stickier version. All the Icon glosses are lighter in texture and less stickier than other lipglasses I own, which is strange.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Catherine Deneuve: Lipglass, Sable
Shade description: Taupe with pink pearl (Frost)

This colour is back-up worthy!
I saw it and thought - ewww! what is this brown colour? But upon closer inspection, it has this gorgeous pink pearl through the gloss. So I gave it a shot, and I'm so glad I did. I absolutely adore this gloss. The colour is perfect. Who knew that I could wear browns? continued >>

on 1/18/2006 2:52:00 PM

We of course all differ in our opinions of MAC collections. I know some people think this one is a little boring. Not me! This is my favorite collection in a while. The lipglasses, especially, are amazing. I bought 3 out of the 4 and will probably go back for last one (Elegant Peach--peaches tend to not look so great on me).

This is such a unique color (especially for MAC!). It has a brown base but it has this beautiful pink iridescence that runs through it, which neutralizes the color and makes it very flattering. I have pigmented lips and this comes out looking like a warm pink. On someone with pale lips this *might* be a little too brown, but it's perfect for me! I am NC25, for reference.