LUSH Afterlife

No Image

3.4

on 10/3/2013 6:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is my FAVORITE face moisturizer EVER!! I was and still am SO DEPRESSED That Lush discontinued it :*( It's the best smell ever I can't even describe it, its a sweet earthy honey smell I still have the old pot and smell it sometimes LOL! and made my skin BEAUTIFUL!! it was so moiturizing yet not too heavy. I'd do anything for this product to come back, none of the current Lush moisturizers compare to it, and i'm tired them all! I guess Gorgeous isn't bad, but the price of that one is insane lol. If anyone has ANY Afterlife, PLEASE send it my way and we'll make a swap happen lol!!

on 3/2/2009 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

smells wonderful....almost like incense IMHO. Fresh Mangoes add tons of nutrients and vitamins to skin. SO Loves this and cant live without it. Very rich.

on 1/13/2009 12:16:00 PM

OK - for background information, I was very cautious about starting to use this product. I used it from a little sample that they gave me at the LUSH counter, and it was enough to last me a good couple of weeks or so, and my skin seemed to improve. This was when I was going through an awful time with my skin, little pimples everywhere, never a day without at least one big ol' honking pimple. So, needless to say, I was pretty much desperate. I had put together a whole LUSH routine, with Herbalism cleanser, Cupcake mask, and I was trying to decide between Enzymion moisturizer and Afterlife moisturizer. I was so impressed with the quality of my skin by the time I was done with the sample that I went out and bought a tub of Afterlife right away, hardly even bothered with the Enzymion. Soon afterwards, I found out that Afterlife was being discontinued, so I panicked, and went online and bought three tubs of Afterlife (they were half-off, but it came out to about $75, which is a big chunk for me). Now, for some reason, I guess build up or something, my skin is not only as bad as when I started, but it's also just, well, I can't think of any other word than clogged. I've never had this many blackheads in my life - they're all over, on my forehead, between my eyebrows, on my cheeks, on my chin - they're everywhere! (Always had a few on my nose, but never this many). On top of that, now I'm getting an average of two at a time of those big, slow-growing, deep-under-the-surface type of pimples that you can't really pop because they take forever to come to a head and maybe don't even come to a head at all, but they're full of pressure and hurt like heck. And I'm one of those people who can't help but pick anyway, so I've got scabs and scars and redness, it's just an awful picture. I used to love this stuff, but now I hate it and I'm still stuck with two and a half tubs of the stuff, but I'm starting to consider just throwing them out even though that's technically about $50 I'd be throwing out. Which says a lot, coming from me, I'm a total product junkie.

on 7/13/2008 6:44:00 PM

As with many LUSH moisturizers, I find Afterlife to come into its own for skin that has gotten messed up by a reaction to something else, whether that something is the sun, another cosmetic, or poison ivy and its brethren. I had a jar that was a ways past the expi date, and really didn't want to risk brewing up extra blemishes by using it on my face, but I used it on my hands/fingernails and within a week my nails were transformed - invisible cuticles, and the nails seem full of vitality like I've never experienced before.

on 6/29/2008 1:37:00 AM

I decided to review this product because I return to it again and again. It is not pretty: it is a pale brown color and it is runny. But - it works. I forgot I had left this in my gym bag and fished it out after a swim. I recently had a bad sensitive skin flare up, but found I could put this on my face and neck without any burning at all. And, despite its lack of creamy texture, it moisturizes, smooths, soothes AND minimizes pores much better than pricier products - Osea, Rene Rouleau, or Laura Mercier. I've given it a "5" because its overall effectiveness far outweights its appearance.

on 3/29/2008 10:24:00 PM

Ok, I bought this product just yesterday and I'm just blown away by the amount of moisture/replenishing this stuff provided for my tired/dull and sleep deprived skin. The product did take few minutes to absorb fully, but my skin just feels SOO SILKY and smooth. However, i did use the product only twice, so I will update later after few weeks to see if this effect is indeed longterm. The package is the worst, absolutely unsanitary. The smell does not bother me, it's somewhat chocolaty. As far as pricing, it is expensive, so in few weeks i will see if it was really worth is.

BRILLIANT! For a while I have just been using a Korres serum because I thought that my skin was going really combo and didn't need anything heavier. Turns out I've been starving it and its been over-producing oils to compensate. This lovely, natural, silicone-free cream has given it back life, radiance and zing and ironed out the fine lines I thought were due to age but it turns out are actually from dehydration. Yes, it does have a particular scent, kind of green wheaty and fresh but I love it because it reminds me of being young and running through fields! And actually it makes my skin look about that age too. Hurrah for Lush. Smooth, radiant, evenly hydrated skin with no grease, or dodgy chemicals.

UPDATE - I've changed my ratings for this and now would not buy again. Complete greaseball after half a tub of this. Eeeek!

on 2/1/2007 11:25:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I received Afterlife as a freebie during one of Lush's promotions. This product makes my skin look refreshed and feel incredibly moisturized after I use it. I have very sensitive skin and this has been one of the few lotions that has not broken me out. I also like the fact that Afterlife has so many natural oils in it -- olive oil, wheat germ oil, and coconut oil to name a few. My only real complaint (since this was free after all!) is the smell. It's not a BAD smell, per se. However, it does have an unusual aroma of sweetness mixed with an overall herbal/flower essence. Sometimes the smell makes my stomach turn a bit, which is one of the reasons why I only apply it at night. Despite the funky smell, I really like Afterlife, and I think I will repurchase it after I finish up my little tub.

on 9/2/2006 10:43:00 PM

This is it. This is THE moisturiser.

I have very sensitive skin which is prone to allergy, but is also a bad combination of incredibly dry and incredibly oily in my T-zone.

Afterlife is a very light, but extremely moisturising lotion that doesn't leave the "heaviness" of moisturising lotions, doesn't cause a massive oil-slick, and seriously calms down any rashes, eczema or scaly skin.

It doesn't have cocoa butter in it, so those who react to cocoa butter, try this!!!

I love how my skin ends up feeling soft and silky... but not in a fake way. It give you the best skin, but it's still yours. Like the most amazing makeup that enhances your natural beauty, this moisturiser enhances your skin tone and texture and leaves you glowing.

Yes I would definitely buy again - I have some more making its way to me now. I'm also telling all my friends and family to try this, it's that good!

on 12/6/2006 12:47:00 AM

I wanted to like this, but it didn't work for me. I found it didn't absorb very well and wasn't moisturizing enough for my combination skin. It also felt like it left a chalky film on my face.