L'Oreal HIP Flawless Liquid Makeup [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin tone : Tan
L'Oreal HIP Flawless Liquid Makeup [DISCONTINUED]

3.2

Ingredients Water Isododecane Cyclopentasiloxane Glycerin Cyclohexasiloxane PEG-10 Dimethicone Poly(methyl Methacrylate) Butylene Glycol Dimethicone Isoeicosane Disteardimonium Hectorite Cetyl Peg/PPG-10/ 1 Dimethicone Sodium Chloride C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphates POLYGLYCERYL-4 Isostearate Hexyl Laureate Isostearyl Neopentanoate Diazolidinylurea Methyl Paraben Propyl Paraben Vitamin E Panthenol Aluminum Oxide Iron Oxide Mica Titanium Dioxide

on 1/19/2008 12:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Other

Me thinks this line is being discontinued because I found it (drum roll) at the .99 store.
The foundation went on smoothly and easily blended. Unfortunately, the color was a tad too dark for my skin tone. Also, not at all pleasing was the dispensing. When are execs going to get it that we prefer products for use on the body on a near daily basis that dispense in a more hygienic fashion?
My No Waste Policy forced me to pour this product into an old foundation bottle with a pump dispenser and mix with left over lighter tones from my revlon line.
Would not repurchase at retail price.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I absolutely LOVE this product, and I wish I had tried it months ago. I would have saved lots of money.

I've been reading lots of mixed reviews on this product, and the thing is, every product will work differently on everyone, becuase everyone is different. Of course, you already know that, but I feel like many women are making misguided choices in finding makeup that is best suited to their skin.

Quite a few women have said that this product didnt work for them. From their descriptions of their own skin and the adverse effects it had on them, I can draw a few conclusions about the specificity of this product and how it works:
If you are Caucasian, or Asian, it is very unlikely this product will work well for you. Though L'oreal has added some new shades to the pallette, this product is geared more towards women of color, i.e. African Americans, Native Americans, Hispanic, Mediterranean, and Western Asian women. Also, due to the extremely emollient texture of the formula, it will likely aggravate oily skin and skin prone to breakouts. !!!ATTENTION!!! If you have sensitive skin, this product is most definitely NOT for you. This, unfortunately, is not makeup of a pure formula, so it does contain preservatives and chemicals that with affect those with sensitive skin. Also, the coverage offered by this product is quite light. Granted, it does cover quite well if you have slight imperfections. But if you have greater coverage needs, I would opt for a different product. The makeup is GREAT for dry skin, which I have, and it leaves a dewy, glowing finish. If you don't like the look of slight shine, then this product isnt for you. The color i wear, Tawny, is a bit dark for me, so i follow it with a light dusting of Revlon New Complexion Powder in Natural Tan. This product sets to a nice, natural finish on its own, and looks as fresh as I first put it on when I wash it off at night.

I'd have to conclude that this product is best for women of color with drier skin types with little to no skin imperfections, and minimal skin sensitivity. This product is great, if your skin type agrees with it.

on 10/27/2007 2:20:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

This is my HG foundation! It blends easily and beautifully and matches my skintone perfectly. I currently use it in SAND w/yellow undertones. It makes my skin look flawless and radiant! However, you can't use much under your eyes near fine lines or else it will settle in them as the day wears on. But this is a minor gripe as i only need powder for undereye coverage. This is usually $13 at CVS, but I was lucky enough to get free coupons for them! I also like how it has sn SPF 15 to protect my skin. My only gripe is that I had a hard time looking for my right color, but once I found it, I have discovered that I love it! For reference, I am NC35, olive-tan complexion, black hair. I have included a pic of how it makes my skin look:
continued >>

on 6/1/2007 3:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

When I first bought this product, on sale for about $8, I fell in love with the great color match and the flawless, soft, slightly powdery-looking finish. I went back to get more, and they were on sale for $3.49, so I got all the bottles in my shade (Cafe).

Sadly, they'll probably all go to waste. This product breaks me out in tiny, hard flesh-colored bumps (clogged pores) and white heads. Also I've noticed that by midday my skin looks shiny and muddy. It's really too bad since I did love it initially. I've since switched to Laura Mercier's tined moisturizer in Almond, which is great, but the price difference is staggering! ($40!!)

on 1/26/2007 4:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Errrrgghhhh....I did NOT like the feel of this foundation at all. I had such high hopes for it after reading the review on here, but it just did not work for me. I tried using it with my fingers and with a foundation brush, but it always came out very cakey and unnatural looking, and the packaging blows - each time I used it, the bottle poured out much, much more than I needed to use, no matter how carefully I tried to stem the flow. The good news is, I got it for about $3, since CVS was having a 75% off clearance. I'm not sure why my experience with this foundation was so much at odds with almost everyone elses' experiences - I'll try it one more time to see if it works out.

UPDATE: I tried this one more time using a sponge, and it's still AWFUL. I've tried lots of foundations/tinted moisturizers (LM, Neutrogena, Becca, MUFE, Lancome, Pout, Tarte, Chanel...the list goes on), but this is by far the worst. I have skin that takes very well to foundation, and if I ever don't like a foundation, it's not because it doesn't look good on, it's usually because I don't care for the texture or something. But this is the first foundation I've ever found that actually makes my skin look heinous. I can actually SEE it sitting on top of my skin, and it looked completely unnatural, masky and cakey. :( Gross. continued >>

on 10/29/2006 1:58:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

It's great that women of color are being noticed and have found shades that matches us. I know a few posters here are complaining that the colors are 'too dark', well, now you know how it feels to match your skin tone. There are tons of foundation choices for women who are 'paler', so don't give this a low rating just because you can't find your color choice. In addition, L'oreal has claimed that this is a makeup line for women of medium to darker skintones.

on 9/11/2006 5:25:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

One Word for this is yuck. The product made me itch, no staying power,and rubbed off on my cell phone. I will not purchase this product again. I found this to be quite oily even with using blot papers. The only good thing about this was the bottle was small , and not bulky, but the liquid came out pretty fast. I personally don't have all day to blend make up to get decent coverage.
I will be returning to Walgreens, yes the do take returns on make up...

on 7/2/2006 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have NEVER found a drug store foundation that matched my skin, until now. I am an NC42 and the color Cafe matches me absolutely perfect. I mean it is amazingly dead on. Even Stila 60 watts wasn't as close as the HIP foundation is. The coverage is medium and buildable. Not too matte (I hate the matte look, so fakey), very good staying power. I am very happy with it and I may even make this my HG liquid foundation. I've only used it for a couple days so far. And I'm always trying new foundations. But this HIP foundation is definitely a contender for HG status. Great color selection for us darker women.

on 1/17/2006 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I LOVE the colors of this line..and the foundation colors are amazing (it is about TIME that darker minority women could wear more than L'oreal Mascaras...). I have always been able to wear their darker colors - but they were never quite right before now...not quite golden or rich enough - always a little too pink or ashy...

Here are my issues... This makeup wipes off and leaves you bare way too easily. I will try it with some heavy duty setting powder(s) and see what is what, but so far, my oily skin and this line do not work well together.

It also seems to flake off if you wipe it with fingers or cloth when it dries...

I wanted to love this line, but the foundation is about the same as True Blend...not awful, not great...

It DOES give great coverage, but without longevity and it's being able to be wiped right off makes me sad...

I will try it again, and if anything changes - I will update this post!