L'Oreal HIP Flawless Liquid Makeup [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by eye Color : Black
L'Oreal HIP Flawless Liquid Makeup [DISCONTINUED]

3.7

Ingredients Water Isododecane Cyclopentasiloxane Glycerin Cyclohexasiloxane PEG-10 Dimethicone Poly(methyl Methacrylate) Butylene Glycol Dimethicone Isoeicosane Disteardimonium Hectorite Cetyl Peg/PPG-10/ 1 Dimethicone Sodium Chloride C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphates POLYGLYCERYL-4 Isostearate Hexyl Laureate Isostearyl Neopentanoate Diazolidinylurea Methyl Paraben Propyl Paraben Vitamin E Panthenol Aluminum Oxide Iron Oxide Mica Titanium Dioxide

on 5/11/2010 2:33:00 PM

i have the color Nude, no. 800. it matches quite well with my skin. i love the matte finish. i was using it in this winter and it was making my dry skin even drier. but still i love it. i will start using it again in summer. my only problem is the packaging is not good. it should have a pump. hope they will change it.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I use shade #802 "Sand." It is a very light, cool, beige that - wonder of wonders - is not pink!

I use it to tone down the rosiness of Age Rewind, whose "coolest" shades are still a bit pink for my skin, and if it only had that Age Rewind luminescence or light refraction or whatever it is that causes one's age to rewind, I would gleefully use undiluted Sand most of the year.

The formula I got says it is oil free, and I have had no problems with "unsightly blemishes," on the contrary, I think that its oil-free-hood is a good way to "cut" or balance out the moisturizing nature of Age Rewind, which as an oily skin owner, I don't really need.

It was only on here that I learned that the HIP line is supposed to be targeted toward we ladies of flava, I thought it was targeted toward younger people, and was just about having more pigment in the products, and looking over their color range, it seems to me there is something for just about everybody there, with the possible exception of the rose-dipped-in-milk (with props to Kate Douglas Wiggin) and the Nicole Kidman-Alexis Bledel-grade alabaster factions, but everybody else should be pretty well covered.

And I mean that literally, too, because the product does provide pretty good coverage, much better than I expected for something that says "oil-free" and whose ads appear strongly skewed toward consumers young enough to be my um, younger sisters.

I do agree with other reviewers that the packaging sucks. I invariably get more out than I would need if I had three faces. Or one really giant one.

Thanks to JustMeas for the heads up, I do hope she is wrong though and that they will not discontinue this stuff, it is a staple of my daily beauty regimen, and just in case, I am going to grab all the Sand off the CVS shelf on Monday and hoard the stuff!

on 10/27/2007 2:20:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

This is my HG foundation! It blends easily and beautifully and matches my skintone perfectly. I currently use it in SAND w/yellow undertones. It makes my skin look flawless and radiant! However, you can't use much under your eyes near fine lines or else it will settle in them as the day wears on. But this is a minor gripe as i only need powder for undereye coverage. This is usually $13 at CVS, but I was lucky enough to get free coupons for them! I also like how it has sn SPF 15 to protect my skin. My only gripe is that I had a hard time looking for my right color, but once I found it, I have discovered that I love it! For reference, I am NC35, olive-tan complexion, black hair. I have included a pic of how it makes my skin look:
continued >>

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Wow! Talk about a good product that is definitely a great alternative to MAC or to someother Highend foundation. I use this foundation with my shiseido primer and shiseido powdery foundation and it just gives me a great look.

I use only a little to make my face more even and more smooth.

Good color, good price and good feel.

I love this! My color is sand.

on 6/1/2007 3:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

When I first bought this product, on sale for about $8, I fell in love with the great color match and the flawless, soft, slightly powdery-looking finish. I went back to get more, and they were on sale for $3.49, so I got all the bottles in my shade (Cafe).

Sadly, they'll probably all go to waste. This product breaks me out in tiny, hard flesh-colored bumps (clogged pores) and white heads. Also I've noticed that by midday my skin looks shiny and muddy. It's really too bad since I did love it initially. I've since switched to Laura Mercier's tined moisturizer in Almond, which is great, but the price difference is staggering! ($40!!)

on 5/12/2007 10:51:00 PM

tell you what. Same ingredients as True Match, same color match as well, but they charge you more just because it is HIP. I work as a waitress and work out after work, my face never looked as horrible as I started to use this before. It wore off after a few hours and forget it when you start to sweat a little bit. The color + sweat would stain the collar of your shirt. To top it all, it enlarged and 'pronounce' my pores. It might be cheap compared to Urban Decay Mineral (powder)foundation, but I would throw it out of the window within a heartbeat without thinking about it twice. After using this unbelievable Urban Decay Mineral foundation, I would never ever go back to any liquid foundation again!

on 2/14/2007 11:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I am NC30ish and I have this in nude, which is a little too dark for my skin. However, my HG revlon colorstay decided to change its colors, so when I bought the same shade I had always bought, it was a lot lighter! I needed something darker and yellow toned to mix with it, and this works great. It seems light, and I love how yellowtoned it is. I wish they'd make lighter shades, so I could use it without mixing it!

EDIT: I've noticed this color is sort of orange.. it works on me because I mix it with a lighter and more pink/neutral toned foundation, but it's way too orange to match even my yellowtoned skin.

EDIT again: I've also noticed that this is very oily and breaks me out. It also has no staying power by itself! Back to mineral makeup for me....

on 10/11/2006 6:18:00 PM

I like this foundation alot. For years I have been wearing Bobbi Brown Tinted Moisturizer in "medium" and was looking for a cheaper alternative. I tried this on a whim and I am very pleasantly surprised. This foundation has no irritating fumes and it blends well. I regularly exfoliate my skin and wear Olay's All Day Complete Cream for Sensitive skin w/spf 15 applying as needed for the drier and oily areas on my face. I apply this foundation over the moisturizer and I haven't had any oily patches or flakes. It stayed fresh-looking for all day into the early evening. No breakouts, so far.

Coverage is about the same as Bobbi Brown TM, maybe a little more.

I love the fact that the shade I chose "sand" is so yellow-based, as I was doubtful that a drugstore brand could live up to the claim of being yellow-based. I believe I could go lighter in color, but for now I am satisfied. I would like it better if the packaging were different, maybe a squeeze tube instead of a cap. I hope they don't stop making this!

on 9/27/2006 12:52:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I will not buy this foundation again because I can't find my color. But this foundation is actually not bad if you only consider the texture and coverage. It seems thick at first and when you spread it on your face it feels heavy - just for a few seconds. Once the foundation sets and dries the finish is actually very lightweight with buildable medium coverage. I tried Revlon's Age Defying Makeup for Combination Skin recently and HIP actually feels lighter and more blendable on my face. If you have used silicon based primers or "dry touch" sunscreens the feel of HIP foundation is very similar. My problem, however, is the color. I am Asian with medium skin and a strong yellow undertone. Most drugstore makeup, even those considered yellow by other reviewers, look pink on me. So at first I thought HIP would be the answer for my prayers. The two lightest shades, Nude and Sand, are the closest to my skin tone but boy were they yellow! I looked sick and I had to return them both. That said, however, I do like the feel of this makeup and the SPF. The darker shades seem more wearable because they look more brownish than straight yellow in the bottle. If you have medium to dark skin and have been having trouble finding your shades from other brands I will still recommend HIP, but make sure the store has a return policy in case you don't like it.

on 1/17/2006 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I LOVE the colors of this line..and the foundation colors are amazing (it is about TIME that darker minority women could wear more than L'oreal Mascaras...). I have always been able to wear their darker colors - but they were never quite right before now...not quite golden or rich enough - always a little too pink or ashy...

Here are my issues... This makeup wipes off and leaves you bare way too easily. I will try it with some heavy duty setting powder(s) and see what is what, but so far, my oily skin and this line do not work well together.

It also seems to flake off if you wipe it with fingers or cloth when it dries...

I wanted to love this line, but the foundation is about the same as True Blend...not awful, not great...

It DOES give great coverage, but without longevity and it's being able to be wiped right off makes me sad...

I will try it again, and if anything changes - I will update this post!