L'Oreal HIP Flawless Liquid Makeup [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by hair type : Relaxed
L'Oreal HIP Flawless Liquid Makeup [DISCONTINUED]

Ingredients Water Isododecane Cyclopentasiloxane Glycerin Cyclohexasiloxane PEG-10 Dimethicone Poly(methyl Methacrylate) Butylene Glycol Dimethicone Isoeicosane Disteardimonium Hectorite Cetyl Peg/PPG-10/ 1 Dimethicone Sodium Chloride C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphates POLYGLYCERYL-4 Isostearate Hexyl Laureate Isostearyl Neopentanoate Diazolidinylurea Methyl Paraben Propyl Paraben Vitamin E Panthenol Aluminum Oxide Iron Oxide Mica Titanium Dioxide

on 12/31/2007 5:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse

I have a dark complexion and always find that foundations are either too orange or too pale/ashy. I started using HIP Liquid in Earthen 826, someone say LOVE... I'd trade my hubby for a lot of this magic potion! :p)) Just kidding. I have very oily skin and the foundation does hold up well for hours on end. I do blot with oil-absorbing tissues and reapply a pressed powder, it's great make-up, but not a miracle. I'd recommend it to any woman of color who's had a hard time finding a foundation to match her complexion. I recently tried the shadows and they're freakin awesome too, I'll be picking up a few more colors soon. I read the good reviews on the eyeshadows and blush and they sound great as well. Walgreens, here I come!!

on 1/22/2007 3:48:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I am a black woman of medium dark skin tone. Right now i use Earthen in this line, and i like it a lot. My skin is usually EXTREMELY oily, but I'm currently on Accutane, so I'm quite dry right now. I switched to this from BareEscentuals, so as not to show up my dryness too much, and I'm very close to liking this even more than i liked BE, which was a lot. I love the oil-free factor, and even though I'm dark, i still need sunscreen, and this has it. I would have preferred a pump mechanism, or something more user friendly than the open bottle. But at $10 for a good size bottle, it's not too much of a pain. I currently use my finger to apply, and it goes on smoothly. It's very light, with no streaks, and dries quickly. I find it difficult to over apply, and even though it goes on a bit lighter than my skin tone, i find once it's all said and done, it looks very natural. I have lots of acne blemishes, and this does a great job of camouflaging them. Overall, a very good product.

EDIT: I found i was getting smile lines/creases when i wasn't smiling. Thought I'd aged 5 years overnight. This foundation settles terribly into lines and wrinkles, and my face has been VERY DRY the last few months. This will not work well for skin that is even a tiny bit oily. It also streaks when my eyes run, which has been a lot lately. I've now gone back to minerals, which i never should have left....

on 10/29/2006 1:58:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

It's great that women of color are being noticed and have found shades that matches us. I know a few posters here are complaining that the colors are 'too dark', well, now you know how it feels to match your skin tone. There are tons of foundation choices for women who are 'paler', so don't give this a low rating just because you can't find your color choice. In addition, L'oreal has claimed that this is a makeup line for women of medium to darker skintones.

on 3/5/2006 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I love that L'oreal has decided to cater to people who like the foundations to look on you the way they do in the swatches.. I have this in honey, which at first I thought would be a little dark when I tested it on my hand, but since it's winter and I always water down my foundations with a lil moisturizer (yes, making my own tinted moisturizer), this is PERFECT for my NC43/45 skin. I love that it gives plenty of coverage, and . . .

NO ASHINESS LADIES!!

For you beautiful ladies of color out there, there is now hope that wearing foundation won't leave you looking either a)ashy or b)orange at the end of the day. It doesnt oxidize like the true match ones seem to, despite having the same ingredients in it.
I'm still not convinced that the price is that good, but usually there's a sale going on at one of the drugstores/beautystores out there. I can't wait to try the other products in the line!

EDIT: Be prepared to blot your face about a gazillion times a day, this stuff does make my face GREASE up more than any other foundation I've tried (and yes I've got combo skin but I do all the powdering and prepping to minimize it). I may have to return to my Studio Finish Matte.. :(

EDIT #2: OK. So I keep coming back to this. In the hope that it will work. Right now I use it in Cafe, because it makes me a little ashy in that Honey tone. But Violet Enigma's review says it best:
if you have dry skin thats not sensitive, its great.
Mine, however, is combination and sensitive to a LOT. It goes on great but this new bottle looks ashy at first then orange at the end of the day. I had to blot every hour. It settled into "wrinkles" that I didnt even know I had. AND people asked me if i had foundation on. They usually "cant tell". GRRRR. Don't waste your time or money ladies. Wait until they reformulate it.