L'Oreal HIP Flawless Liquid Makeup [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by hair type : Kinky
L'Oreal HIP Flawless Liquid Makeup [DISCONTINUED]

4.3

Ingredients Water Isododecane Cyclopentasiloxane Glycerin Cyclohexasiloxane PEG-10 Dimethicone Poly(methyl Methacrylate) Butylene Glycol Dimethicone Isoeicosane Disteardimonium Hectorite Cetyl Peg/PPG-10/ 1 Dimethicone Sodium Chloride C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphates POLYGLYCERYL-4 Isostearate Hexyl Laureate Isostearyl Neopentanoate Diazolidinylurea Methyl Paraben Propyl Paraben Vitamin E Panthenol Aluminum Oxide Iron Oxide Mica Titanium Dioxide

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Other

I really like this foundation. It may not be my ideal, but it is certainly close. I certainly prefer this to the True Match foundation (which couldn't be further from a true match if it tried). The finish is smooth and the coverage is even and very natural. I have this in Cappucino and Tawny. My African American skin has both cool and warm undertones, so I put the two colors on different parts of my face. I do wish this came in a pump bottle, as it tends to run out of the bottle really easily. For any woman of color who has trouble finding a matching foundation, I recommend that you check HIP out. This foundation is the closest I have come, and it even has a shade that matched my super-yellow skinned mother. For those of you who are complaining about the lack of color selection, welcome to our world! I think its pretty obvious that this line was made for women of color, hence the richer pigments and use of models of color. L'Oreal (not to mention every other brand on the market) has about 15 other foundations for paler-skinned women that you may want to check out instead of giving this a bad rating.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

BRAVO!!! LOVE THIS FOUNDATION
#818 Teak worked well for me; DDD with yellow & red undertones(NW45). I wear with my Iman Oil Blotting P/P in Light/Medium & a few spritz of BenNye Final Seal.

PROS: Very smooth, creamy texture. Great buildable coverage. So don't need concealer. Feels light weight on skin. L'Oreal did a wonderful job creating natural/wearable shades for us ladies of color. No breakouts. Looks wonderful all day long. Well worth the $12 pricetag. But you can get it on a BOGO event or on ebay.

CONS: Like most liquids, doesn't hold up to moisture well. So I switch to just powder & Ben Nye 'Final Seal' in the warmest summer months.
***** UPDATE 2/28/07 *****I wrote to L'Oreal because I was so afraid this foundation was being d/c. Here is their response:

February 28, 2007

Thank you for your interest in HIP Foundation SPF 15.

This product is available and has not been discontinued. We offer our complete line of products to the stores, and it is the store manager's decision which products the store will carry. If your local store does not have this product in stock, please ask the store manager to order it for you.

L'Oral Paris products are available at mass market retailers, drugstores, and supermarkets nationwide.
You can order many of our products online. Please visit our website again at www.lorealparisusa.com and look for the "Shop" feature for links to online retailers and e-tailers.

Please be aware that the online retailers and e-tailers listed may not carry our complete line of products and shades. Promotional items are not available for purchase online.

We hope this information is helpful.

Sincerely,

Claudette I. Williams
Consumer Affairs Supervisor
Ref # 3967509
continued >>

on 1/17/2006 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I LOVE the colors of this line..and the foundation colors are amazing (it is about TIME that darker minority women could wear more than L'oreal Mascaras...). I have always been able to wear their darker colors - but they were never quite right before now...not quite golden or rich enough - always a little too pink or ashy...

Here are my issues... This makeup wipes off and leaves you bare way too easily. I will try it with some heavy duty setting powder(s) and see what is what, but so far, my oily skin and this line do not work well together.

It also seems to flake off if you wipe it with fingers or cloth when it dries...

I wanted to love this line, but the foundation is about the same as True Blend...not awful, not great...

It DOES give great coverage, but without longevity and it's being able to be wiped right off makes me sad...

I will try it again, and if anything changes - I will update this post!