L'Oreal HIP Flawless Liquid Makeup [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by hair type : Straight
L'Oreal HIP Flawless Liquid Makeup [DISCONTINUED]

Ingredients Water Isododecane Cyclopentasiloxane Glycerin Cyclohexasiloxane PEG-10 Dimethicone Poly(methyl Methacrylate) Butylene Glycol Dimethicone Isoeicosane Disteardimonium Hectorite Cetyl Peg/PPG-10/ 1 Dimethicone Sodium Chloride C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphates POLYGLYCERYL-4 Isostearate Hexyl Laureate Isostearyl Neopentanoate Diazolidinylurea Methyl Paraben Propyl Paraben Vitamin E Panthenol Aluminum Oxide Iron Oxide Mica Titanium Dioxide

on 12/16/2008 3:00:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Excuse me while I sob all over my keyboard! This was my HG foundation for a long time. The pigment was super stunning. I used it everyday religiously. I had 3 bottles of this stocked up because I couldn't bear to live without it. Then a month or so ago I was running dangerously low on my third bottle, so I ran out to get some more. To my horror, this foundation line has been discontinued. My heart is broken. I was speechlesss. What is a girl supposed to do without her HG foundation?! I am using Chanel's Mat Lumiere now, and although the color is similar, the intensity of the pigment just isn't there. I still have a tiny bit of this left in the bottle and I'm holding onto it for dear life until the perfect occasion. I've learned a valuable lesson, stay up to date on your products, and if they are in fact going to be discontinued, stock up, stock up, stock up! What I wouldn't do for one more bottle of this!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I use shade #802 "Sand." It is a very light, cool, beige that - wonder of wonders - is not pink!

I use it to tone down the rosiness of Age Rewind, whose "coolest" shades are still a bit pink for my skin, and if it only had that Age Rewind luminescence or light refraction or whatever it is that causes one's age to rewind, I would gleefully use undiluted Sand most of the year.

The formula I got says it is oil free, and I have had no problems with "unsightly blemishes," on the contrary, I think that its oil-free-hood is a good way to "cut" or balance out the moisturizing nature of Age Rewind, which as an oily skin owner, I don't really need.

It was only on here that I learned that the HIP line is supposed to be targeted toward we ladies of flava, I thought it was targeted toward younger people, and was just about having more pigment in the products, and looking over their color range, it seems to me there is something for just about everybody there, with the possible exception of the rose-dipped-in-milk (with props to Kate Douglas Wiggin) and the Nicole Kidman-Alexis Bledel-grade alabaster factions, but everybody else should be pretty well covered.

And I mean that literally, too, because the product does provide pretty good coverage, much better than I expected for something that says "oil-free" and whose ads appear strongly skewed toward consumers young enough to be my um, younger sisters.

I do agree with other reviewers that the packaging sucks. I invariably get more out than I would need if I had three faces. Or one really giant one.

Thanks to JustMeas for the heads up, I do hope she is wrong though and that they will not discontinue this stuff, it is a staple of my daily beauty regimen, and just in case, I am going to grab all the Sand off the CVS shelf on Monday and hoard the stuff!

on 10/27/2007 2:20:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

This is my HG foundation! It blends easily and beautifully and matches my skintone perfectly. I currently use it in SAND w/yellow undertones. It makes my skin look flawless and radiant! However, you can't use much under your eyes near fine lines or else it will settle in them as the day wears on. But this is a minor gripe as i only need powder for undereye coverage. This is usually $13 at CVS, but I was lucky enough to get free coupons for them! I also like how it has sn SPF 15 to protect my skin. My only gripe is that I had a hard time looking for my right color, but once I found it, I have discovered that I love it! For reference, I am NC35, olive-tan complexion, black hair. I have included a pic of how it makes my skin look:
continued >>

Why is this so yellow? That was my first response on using this foundation. I found this on sale, for only 4 bucks.So, I went home, poured some onto my palm, dipped a sponge into it, and applied on my cheek. I am by no means Nicole Kidman pale, but the lightest shade of this foundation was SO yellow on my skin! However, wanting to do more testing, I applied foundation to the rest of my face, and sat back for a while. Almost immediately, I noticed creasing around my nose, and that it was making my zits look worse. So, I washed it off, and chucked it in the trash. No more HIP for me!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I have med. olive hispanic skin w/ yellow undertones. One of these days I'll buy MAC foundation so I can be hip and refer to my skin color by a series of letters & numbers. I've always had a rough time finding something to match my skin tone. This seems to be pigmented especially for rich & darker skin tones. Which is just fine with me. The color options are just perfect for me. The foundation glides on smoothly and there isn't a HINT of streakiness. I do agree with one of the reviewers in that I wish it came in a pump bottle or something more efficent. Other than that I'm pleased with this foundation! I'd imagine though it wouldn't be a crowd favorite with lighter skinned ladies. I *heart* it though!

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Love this makeup! Looks natural, like I have no makeup on; doesn't break me out; goes on sheer to medium (can build more coverage without looking caked on); and the color selection is great for "darker" women looking for a foundation with yellow undertones. I used the 2nd to lightest shade (Sand) and am normally NC35 although I get darker in the summer (I'd probably use a darker shade similar to C4). My skin looks perfect. Around $10 at Walmart. Edit: This actually looks a little too yellow. I mixed it with another "pinker" foundation (just a tad) for a better match.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is what i wanted the neutrogena to be but wasnt. More coverage but it seems sheer enough to let my skin through. i use a tinted moisturizer beneath it that is very very sheer and then put this right on because it only has spf 15. I got Cafe and it is similar to Neutrogena's healthy skin enhancer in Medium Olive. I am NC 40-ish right now because of my tan. I have tried a whole lot of foundations from revlon, almay, neutrogena and by far this has matched my skin really good. i still have to see if it breaks me out becuase the Neutrogena Skin Enhancer broke me out in cystic acne and i had to stop. overall it is a good foundation because of its yellow undertones, and it really caters to minorities out there! highly recommend it to them! UPDATE: moved on to Lancome Teinte IDole/ EL Doublewear with better color, coverage, and less transfer of makeup...you really get what you pay for :(