L'Oreal HIP Flawless Liquid Makeup [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by hair type : Other
L'Oreal HIP Flawless Liquid Makeup [DISCONTINUED]

2.6

Ingredients Water Isododecane Cyclopentasiloxane Glycerin Cyclohexasiloxane PEG-10 Dimethicone Poly(methyl Methacrylate) Butylene Glycol Dimethicone Isoeicosane Disteardimonium Hectorite Cetyl Peg/PPG-10/ 1 Dimethicone Sodium Chloride C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphates POLYGLYCERYL-4 Isostearate Hexyl Laureate Isostearyl Neopentanoate Diazolidinylurea Methyl Paraben Propyl Paraben Vitamin E Panthenol Aluminum Oxide Iron Oxide Mica Titanium Dioxide

on 5/5/2009 7:58:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Wow, I can't believe people have been so positive of this product, I'm not such a fan.

As an African-American female I must say, most colors from the drug store brands such as L'Oreal, Revlon, and Cover Girl don't fit my skin so well, but the color I found in the HIP makeup line did a pretty good job of matching my skin tone.

This stuff does go on LOOKING very matte, so that's nice, but after a while if you have oily or even combination skin, this foundation is not great at controlling oil, and more importantly, it acts like cheap makeup because it does not stay put. The stuff goes everywhere.

So it'll do in a bind, but if you can spend more, I'd suggest you do so.

on 1/26/2007 4:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Errrrgghhhh....I did NOT like the feel of this foundation at all. I had such high hopes for it after reading the review on here, but it just did not work for me. I tried using it with my fingers and with a foundation brush, but it always came out very cakey and unnatural looking, and the packaging blows - each time I used it, the bottle poured out much, much more than I needed to use, no matter how carefully I tried to stem the flow. The good news is, I got it for about $3, since CVS was having a 75% off clearance. I'm not sure why my experience with this foundation was so much at odds with almost everyone elses' experiences - I'll try it one more time to see if it works out.

UPDATE: I tried this one more time using a sponge, and it's still AWFUL. I've tried lots of foundations/tinted moisturizers (LM, Neutrogena, Becca, MUFE, Lancome, Pout, Tarte, Chanel...the list goes on), but this is by far the worst. I have skin that takes very well to foundation, and if I ever don't like a foundation, it's not because it doesn't look good on, it's usually because I don't care for the texture or something. But this is the first foundation I've ever found that actually makes my skin look heinous. I can actually SEE it sitting on top of my skin, and it looked completely unnatural, masky and cakey. :( Gross. continued >>

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I had a hard time picking out a shade that would suit my skin color, but I settled with Honey (NC40). I was pretty excited to get home and try it out, and it's so thick! I had to shake the bottle really well to get it come out and when it did, it really poured! I don't like foundations with just a cap because you tend to get too much product, I prefer a pump. In any case, I used a skunk brush to apply it and it still looked really thick on my skin and made my skin look ashy even though the shade I had picked had yellow tones. It looked really heavy on my skin and made my skin look ashy, so I decided to wash it off. Ugh. It was even difficult to wash off because it was so thick on my skin, despite the skunk brush application. I might give this one last try but so far, I'm extremely dissapointed.

on 7/31/2006 9:32:00 PM

I have to say, I was first tuned to this product cuz it was free after rebate at my walgreens, LOL. anyway, i came on here and saw the reviews and decided, hey why not. lets try it out. when i went to the store, i LOVED the shades they had. im south indian, and the foundations with yellow undertones are always hard to find. but i found my perfect shade 812Cappucino. It goes on great, blends well, quite sheer, but gives coverage.
the only problem i might have with this product is how it doesnt go on matte on my skin.. it could be because its thousands of degrees outside. lol. buy it, its good stuff.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this in Sand which is the second color (from light to dark), and I think I've found my HG foundation (In terms of color). I could never find a foundation with enough yellow in it, but this one takes the prize. I have absolutley no ashiness.... Life is good. It's like your looking at real skin. Besides just the packaging it's very similar to Loreal's "True Match" foundation in consistency, coverage, and staying power. In my opinion the staying power is a bit better, and it's not as "glowing" as the "True Match" shades, so it's a bit more matte in total. However it will not stay put like Revlon's Color Stay, depending on how oily your face gets, and the humidity it will slide off you face at some point.