L'Oreal HIP Flawless Liquid Makeup [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
L'Oreal HIP Flawless Liquid Makeup [DISCONTINUED]

3.0

Ingredients Water Isododecane Cyclopentasiloxane Glycerin Cyclohexasiloxane PEG-10 Dimethicone Poly(methyl Methacrylate) Butylene Glycol Dimethicone Isoeicosane Disteardimonium Hectorite Cetyl Peg/PPG-10/ 1 Dimethicone Sodium Chloride C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphates POLYGLYCERYL-4 Isostearate Hexyl Laureate Isostearyl Neopentanoate Diazolidinylurea Methyl Paraben Propyl Paraben Vitamin E Panthenol Aluminum Oxide Iron Oxide Mica Titanium Dioxide

on 1/19/2009 10:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

When I first saw this product, I was like yay! I finally found a foundation around where I live that has yellow undertone! I got the nude shade as Im not dark skinned at all, and I only apply a tiny bit that I super blend. It does wonders!

on 4/2/2008 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The represented colors here look great, and will compliment a very diverse array of lovely ethnic skin tones, but be careful because the colors tend to dry a shade or two darker than what is seen through the bottle. I bought SAND and, although it's a gorgeous color, it dried to a deep brown shade of sorts and continued to darken later into the day; it didn't retain it's original creamy yellow beige color. Very disappointing.

It's quite similar to a tinted moisturizer, but with more coverage. Thanks to it's iridescent properties, it looks fresh and natural and "glowy" on the skin (for at least an hour). Nevertheless, this foundation oxidizes quickly, gets greasy after awhile, and turns a bit muddy on the skin and doesn't look "just applied" as the day goes by. It is also not transfer-resistant and will rub off on clothes easily.

Had this formula been more matte and hadn't oxidized so rapidly, then it would be worth re-purchasing.

I believe it's been discontinued. Hopefully, L'Oreal is reformulating this line and making it more effective. It would be a shame if they canned the foundations for this line because the initial colors are gorgeous and rival shades made by MAC.

on 3/3/2008 9:55:00 AM

I read mixed reviews before purchasing this but I decided to give it a try. I am using 806 Honey and it's great. It blends smoothly, I don't break out from using it and as far as what people on here are saying that it looks orange/yellow or it 'melts' off your face, I don't notice that happen to me at all. The only thing I hate about it is that it comes in a bottle so it's hard for me to get the right amount I need without spilling or pouring too much on my hands. I got this bottle on clearance though so maybe they will be coming out with a new packaging of this product?

Why is this so yellow? That was my first response on using this foundation. I found this on sale, for only 4 bucks.So, I went home, poured some onto my palm, dipped a sponge into it, and applied on my cheek. I am by no means Nicole Kidman pale, but the lightest shade of this foundation was SO yellow on my skin! However, wanting to do more testing, I applied foundation to the rest of my face, and sat back for a while. Almost immediately, I noticed creasing around my nose, and that it was making my zits look worse. So, I washed it off, and chucked it in the trash. No more HIP for me!

on 1/17/2007 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Loreal was not kidding when it called this high pigmented foundation. Well, after searching high and low in department stores, Sephora and drugstores, I was about give up on foundations and wear nothing other than my blush or bronzer. Drugstore brands have always failed me because there is always a little bit of ashy shade in all foundations. That said, I found this foundation by concidence while I was looking at Loreal products. This foundation is not for everyone, especially those who are very fair. I am medium, but even the shade Nude, which is the lightest one, still looks a bit dark on me. The reason that I liked this was because it had enough yellow that it blended easily with my own skin. Overall, I am in shock that finally a drugstore brand is creating shades that are not too pink or ashy.

on 8/20/2006 12:46:00 PM

First off, general coloring compliant: These definately aren't for PPP's. The lightest one is too dark on me (and I'm not super pale, either!)

As for the actual product, it's liquid, goes on your face evenly and I'd say it has medium coverage. It's in a glass jar sort of thing that you need to use fingers or a foundation brush to dip in it. It broke me out and stung my face. Would not buy again if you paid me.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this in Sand which is the second color (from light to dark), and I think I've found my HG foundation (In terms of color). I could never find a foundation with enough yellow in it, but this one takes the prize. I have absolutley no ashiness.... Life is good. It's like your looking at real skin. Besides just the packaging it's very similar to Loreal's "True Match" foundation in consistency, coverage, and staying power. In my opinion the staying power is a bit better, and it's not as "glowing" as the "True Match" shades, so it's a bit more matte in total. However it will not stay put like Revlon's Color Stay, depending on how oily your face gets, and the humidity it will slide off you face at some point.