L'Oreal HIP Flawless Liquid Makeup [DISCONTINUED]

Filtered by skin type : Oily
L'Oreal HIP Flawless Liquid Makeup [DISCONTINUED]

3.5

Ingredients Water Isododecane Cyclopentasiloxane Glycerin Cyclohexasiloxane PEG-10 Dimethicone Poly(methyl Methacrylate) Butylene Glycol Dimethicone Isoeicosane Disteardimonium Hectorite Cetyl Peg/PPG-10/ 1 Dimethicone Sodium Chloride C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphates POLYGLYCERYL-4 Isostearate Hexyl Laureate Isostearyl Neopentanoate Diazolidinylurea Methyl Paraben Propyl Paraben Vitamin E Panthenol Aluminum Oxide Iron Oxide Mica Titanium Dioxide

on 1/19/2009 10:10:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

When I first saw this product, I was like yay! I finally found a foundation around where I live that has yellow undertone! I got the nude shade as Im not dark skinned at all, and I only apply a tiny bit that I super blend. It does wonders!

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I felt the same way about this foundation. I was in LOVE from the first time I used it. Innocent me went out to buy more and couldn't find it anywhere when I figured out it must have been discontinued. I searched everywhere online to buy and finally I found it on ebay for a great price so I got 3 bottles (they came out to like $3.00 a bottle with shipping). So I'm still on my first bottle and dreading the day when I'm all done. I only wear it now to go out or when I need to look my best. I've been wearing my studiofix powder for work which I have a love/hate relationship with (sometimes i'm just not that happy with it). Hopefully by the time I hit bottle 3 I will have found something else to replace it or they'll bring it back out.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I use shade #802 "Sand." It is a very light, cool, beige that - wonder of wonders - is not pink!

I use it to tone down the rosiness of Age Rewind, whose "coolest" shades are still a bit pink for my skin, and if it only had that Age Rewind luminescence or light refraction or whatever it is that causes one's age to rewind, I would gleefully use undiluted Sand most of the year.

The formula I got says it is oil free, and I have had no problems with "unsightly blemishes," on the contrary, I think that its oil-free-hood is a good way to "cut" or balance out the moisturizing nature of Age Rewind, which as an oily skin owner, I don't really need.

It was only on here that I learned that the HIP line is supposed to be targeted toward we ladies of flava, I thought it was targeted toward younger people, and was just about having more pigment in the products, and looking over their color range, it seems to me there is something for just about everybody there, with the possible exception of the rose-dipped-in-milk (with props to Kate Douglas Wiggin) and the Nicole Kidman-Alexis Bledel-grade alabaster factions, but everybody else should be pretty well covered.

And I mean that literally, too, because the product does provide pretty good coverage, much better than I expected for something that says "oil-free" and whose ads appear strongly skewed toward consumers young enough to be my um, younger sisters.

I do agree with other reviewers that the packaging sucks. I invariably get more out than I would need if I had three faces. Or one really giant one.

Thanks to JustMeas for the heads up, I do hope she is wrong though and that they will not discontinue this stuff, it is a staple of my daily beauty regimen, and just in case, I am going to grab all the Sand off the CVS shelf on Monday and hoard the stuff!

on 4/2/2008 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The represented colors here look great, and will compliment a very diverse array of lovely ethnic skin tones, but be careful because the colors tend to dry a shade or two darker than what is seen through the bottle. I bought SAND and, although it's a gorgeous color, it dried to a deep brown shade of sorts and continued to darken later into the day; it didn't retain it's original creamy yellow beige color. Very disappointing.

It's quite similar to a tinted moisturizer, but with more coverage. Thanks to it's iridescent properties, it looks fresh and natural and "glowy" on the skin (for at least an hour). Nevertheless, this foundation oxidizes quickly, gets greasy after awhile, and turns a bit muddy on the skin and doesn't look "just applied" as the day goes by. It is also not transfer-resistant and will rub off on clothes easily.

Had this formula been more matte and hadn't oxidized so rapidly, then it would be worth re-purchasing.

I believe it's been discontinued. Hopefully, L'Oreal is reformulating this line and making it more effective. It would be a shame if they canned the foundations for this line because the initial colors are gorgeous and rival shades made by MAC.

on 1/19/2008 12:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Other

Me thinks this line is being discontinued because I found it (drum roll) at the .99 store.
The foundation went on smoothly and easily blended. Unfortunately, the color was a tad too dark for my skin tone. Also, not at all pleasing was the dispensing. When are execs going to get it that we prefer products for use on the body on a near daily basis that dispense in a more hygienic fashion?
My No Waste Policy forced me to pour this product into an old foundation bottle with a pump dispenser and mix with left over lighter tones from my revlon line.
Would not repurchase at retail price.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I can't agree more with SiennaSky's review (below). At first I was in love with this foundation and the yellow undertone was great considering I'm asian. This foundation was actually given to me by a friend after she bought it and realized it was too dark for her (the color is 800 Nude). The color matched me perfect, but it will probably be just for my summer shade (it will be too dark for me in the winter lol). In the beginning I was really pleased with it... even though it felt a little wet, it dried nicely and I set it with powder. But, I saw that later on in the day (I have oily skin) that my face got shiny and almost sticky from the foundation. Then at night, I saw that after I washed it all off, my skin had broke out... even on my nose--a place that doesn't usually break out for me! Gahhh won't repurchase because of that!

on 6/1/2007 3:11:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

When I first bought this product, on sale for about $8, I fell in love with the great color match and the flawless, soft, slightly powdery-looking finish. I went back to get more, and they were on sale for $3.49, so I got all the bottles in my shade (Cafe).

Sadly, they'll probably all go to waste. This product breaks me out in tiny, hard flesh-colored bumps (clogged pores) and white heads. Also I've noticed that by midday my skin looks shiny and muddy. It's really too bad since I did love it initially. I've since switched to Laura Mercier's tined moisturizer in Almond, which is great, but the price difference is staggering! ($40!!)

on 1/26/2007 4:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Errrrgghhhh....I did NOT like the feel of this foundation at all. I had such high hopes for it after reading the review on here, but it just did not work for me. I tried using it with my fingers and with a foundation brush, but it always came out very cakey and unnatural looking, and the packaging blows - each time I used it, the bottle poured out much, much more than I needed to use, no matter how carefully I tried to stem the flow. The good news is, I got it for about $3, since CVS was having a 75% off clearance. I'm not sure why my experience with this foundation was so much at odds with almost everyone elses' experiences - I'll try it one more time to see if it works out.

UPDATE: I tried this one more time using a sponge, and it's still AWFUL. I've tried lots of foundations/tinted moisturizers (LM, Neutrogena, Becca, MUFE, Lancome, Pout, Tarte, Chanel...the list goes on), but this is by far the worst. I have skin that takes very well to foundation, and if I ever don't like a foundation, it's not because it doesn't look good on, it's usually because I don't care for the texture or something. But this is the first foundation I've ever found that actually makes my skin look heinous. I can actually SEE it sitting on top of my skin, and it looked completely unnatural, masky and cakey. :( Gross. continued >>

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I have tried several foundations from Prescriptives,Clarins,Origins,Clinque but I wanted something a little easier on the wallet.I was in the La area and I heard about the L'oreal paris stored located in the Beverly center.The prices are the same as a drugstore,but you get help picking the colors.

I have been using this product since dec 05 and I love it.I am mexican/Irish and it is tough finding a match for my yellow undertones.I would usually find most foundations were too light or dark.I think this would be suitable for women who are east indian/hispanic/multi racial black women.

on 11/20/2006 1:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I also got this free with the coupon and I would buy it at full price definitely. It has excellent coverage and the color is good. I am Native American, so my skin tone is sort of medium-tone olive skin. I normally use Sand in L'oreal and I may go a bit lighter with this line. I like that it is focused on darker skinned women (we are the majority anyway!). I realize that this may not work for lighter skinned women, but there are ALOT of options out there in that color range, so no big deal.

I was using Urban Decay Supernatural, but found it provided too much coverage and now actually use it as a concealer! It also made me breakout. I was using Costco's Borghese makeup, but found it provided to little coverage, but no breakouts. HIP has the best of both worlds. I also like this better than TrueMatch (another L'oreal makeup). TrueMatch seemed okay, but not great too me. This is something I will use again and again. I have oily skin and use beta hydroxy exfoliant lotion under my makeup, so I have not experienced any mask-like effect.

UPDATE: I found the color after a while to be too strong.