L'Oreal HIP Flawless Liquid Makeup [DISCONTINUED]

L'Oreal HIP Flawless Liquid Makeup [DISCONTINUED]

3.6

Ingredients Water Isododecane Cyclopentasiloxane Glycerin Cyclohexasiloxane PEG-10 Dimethicone Poly(methyl Methacrylate) Butylene Glycol Dimethicone Isoeicosane Disteardimonium Hectorite Cetyl Peg/PPG-10/ 1 Dimethicone Sodium Chloride C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphates POLYGLYCERYL-4 Isostearate Hexyl Laureate Isostearyl Neopentanoate Diazolidinylurea Methyl Paraben Propyl Paraben Vitamin E Panthenol Aluminum Oxide Iron Oxide Mica Titanium Dioxide

I use #816 Tawny,
I LOVE the coverage, and finding my skin tone is really hard. I'm glad there's this one, but I can't find it. I hope they didn't discontinue it.

on 5/18/2009 2:31:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

i used teak and it was amazing i loved it . hip really did hide the imperfections.( i usually use foundation and set with powder ) but i found my self not really using powder i scraped the bottle dry. they always discontinue the good stuff

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I felt the same way about this foundation. I was in LOVE from the first time I used it. Innocent me went out to buy more and couldn't find it anywhere when I figured out it must have been discontinued. I searched everywhere online to buy and finally I found it on ebay for a great price so I got 3 bottles (they came out to like $3.00 a bottle with shipping). So I'm still on my first bottle and dreading the day when I'm all done. I only wear it now to go out or when I need to look my best. I've been wearing my studiofix powder for work which I have a love/hate relationship with (sometimes i'm just not that happy with it). Hopefully by the time I hit bottle 3 I will have found something else to replace it or they'll bring it back out.

on 12/16/2008 3:00:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Excuse me while I sob all over my keyboard! This was my HG foundation for a long time. The pigment was super stunning. I used it everyday religiously. I had 3 bottles of this stocked up because I couldn't bear to live without it. Then a month or so ago I was running dangerously low on my third bottle, so I ran out to get some more. To my horror, this foundation line has been discontinued. My heart is broken. I was speechlesss. What is a girl supposed to do without her HG foundation?! I am using Chanel's Mat Lumiere now, and although the color is similar, the intensity of the pigment just isn't there. I still have a tiny bit of this left in the bottle and I'm holding onto it for dear life until the perfect occasion. I've learned a valuable lesson, stay up to date on your products, and if they are in fact going to be discontinued, stock up, stock up, stock up! What I wouldn't do for one more bottle of this!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I use shade #802 "Sand." It is a very light, cool, beige that - wonder of wonders - is not pink!

I use it to tone down the rosiness of Age Rewind, whose "coolest" shades are still a bit pink for my skin, and if it only had that Age Rewind luminescence or light refraction or whatever it is that causes one's age to rewind, I would gleefully use undiluted Sand most of the year.

The formula I got says it is oil free, and I have had no problems with "unsightly blemishes," on the contrary, I think that its oil-free-hood is a good way to "cut" or balance out the moisturizing nature of Age Rewind, which as an oily skin owner, I don't really need.

It was only on here that I learned that the HIP line is supposed to be targeted toward we ladies of flava, I thought it was targeted toward younger people, and was just about having more pigment in the products, and looking over their color range, it seems to me there is something for just about everybody there, with the possible exception of the rose-dipped-in-milk (with props to Kate Douglas Wiggin) and the Nicole Kidman-Alexis Bledel-grade alabaster factions, but everybody else should be pretty well covered.

And I mean that literally, too, because the product does provide pretty good coverage, much better than I expected for something that says "oil-free" and whose ads appear strongly skewed toward consumers young enough to be my um, younger sisters.

I do agree with other reviewers that the packaging sucks. I invariably get more out than I would need if I had three faces. Or one really giant one.

Thanks to JustMeas for the heads up, I do hope she is wrong though and that they will not discontinue this stuff, it is a staple of my daily beauty regimen, and just in case, I am going to grab all the Sand off the CVS shelf on Monday and hoard the stuff!

on 1/31/2008 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

loooove this stuff...i use terra....it covers and blends in perfectly...at first i thought it was too red but no....and the bottle lasts forevever:)

on 12/31/2007 5:33:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse

I have a dark complexion and always find that foundations are either too orange or too pale/ashy. I started using HIP Liquid in Earthen 826, someone say LOVE... I'd trade my hubby for a lot of this magic potion! :p)) Just kidding. I have very oily skin and the foundation does hold up well for hours on end. I do blot with oil-absorbing tissues and reapply a pressed powder, it's great make-up, but not a miracle. I'd recommend it to any woman of color who's had a hard time finding a foundation to match her complexion. I recently tried the shadows and they're freakin awesome too, I'll be picking up a few more colors soon. I read the good reviews on the eyeshadows and blush and they sound great as well. Walgreens, here I come!!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I absolutely LOVE this product, and I wish I had tried it months ago. I would have saved lots of money.

I've been reading lots of mixed reviews on this product, and the thing is, every product will work differently on everyone, becuase everyone is different. Of course, you already know that, but I feel like many women are making misguided choices in finding makeup that is best suited to their skin.

Quite a few women have said that this product didnt work for them. From their descriptions of their own skin and the adverse effects it had on them, I can draw a few conclusions about the specificity of this product and how it works:
If you are Caucasian, or Asian, it is very unlikely this product will work well for you. Though L'oreal has added some new shades to the pallette, this product is geared more towards women of color, i.e. African Americans, Native Americans, Hispanic, Mediterranean, and Western Asian women. Also, due to the extremely emollient texture of the formula, it will likely aggravate oily skin and skin prone to breakouts. !!!ATTENTION!!! If you have sensitive skin, this product is most definitely NOT for you. This, unfortunately, is not makeup of a pure formula, so it does contain preservatives and chemicals that with affect those with sensitive skin. Also, the coverage offered by this product is quite light. Granted, it does cover quite well if you have slight imperfections. But if you have greater coverage needs, I would opt for a different product. The makeup is GREAT for dry skin, which I have, and it leaves a dewy, glowing finish. If you don't like the look of slight shine, then this product isnt for you. The color i wear, Tawny, is a bit dark for me, so i follow it with a light dusting of Revlon New Complexion Powder in Natural Tan. This product sets to a nice, natural finish on its own, and looks as fresh as I first put it on when I wash it off at night.

I'd have to conclude that this product is best for women of color with drier skin types with little to no skin imperfections, and minimal skin sensitivity. This product is great, if your skin type agrees with it.

on 10/27/2007 2:20:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

This is my HG foundation! It blends easily and beautifully and matches my skintone perfectly. I currently use it in SAND w/yellow undertones. It makes my skin look flawless and radiant! However, you can't use much under your eyes near fine lines or else it will settle in them as the day wears on. But this is a minor gripe as i only need powder for undereye coverage. This is usually $13 at CVS, but I was lucky enough to get free coupons for them! I also like how it has sn SPF 15 to protect my skin. My only gripe is that I had a hard time looking for my right color, but once I found it, I have discovered that I love it! For reference, I am NC35, olive-tan complexion, black hair. I have included a pic of how it makes my skin look:
continued >>

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Wow! Talk about a good product that is definitely a great alternative to MAC or to someother Highend foundation. I use this foundation with my shiseido primer and shiseido powdery foundation and it just gives me a great look.

I use only a little to make my face more even and more smooth.

Good color, good price and good feel.

I love this! My color is sand.